Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thrust mode and wear and tear
    This is great information and what makes this forum so useful. Thank you. I will have to try this. I was wondering how I can shift down multiple gears :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by red580 View Post
    No you won't overrev your engine even in CORSA mode, I tried it many times in the race track. At the speed of over 300 km/h, even you press the downshift paddle a few times, only the lowest gear within the safety margin predetermined by the ECU would be engaged. Many people don't know the fact that, when using the SPORT or CORSA mode, if you want to drop to the lowest possible gear, you only need to hold the downshift paddle for 0.5 second, it will skip two or three gears for you, i.e downshift directly from fifth gear to second gear instantly and safely.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan (5000 mi) DD Sun
    2009 Porsche 911 C4S PDK (26,000 mi) DD Rain
    2007 Porsche GT3 (37,000 mi) Parting out
    2000 Porsche 911 C2 Aero (54,000 mi) Track Car "Bumblebee"
    1995 Porsche 911 Carrera Aero(51,000 mi) Show Car
    1987 Porsche Targa - (90,500) preservation
    1986.5 Porsche 928 - (122,000) preservation
    1967 Porsche 912 - (93,000 mi) project
    2003 Mercedes E320 Sport (69,000 mi) Airport Car
    2010 Mercedes R350 Bluetec (34,000 mi) wife's

Thrust mode and wear and tear

Quote Originally Posted by red580 View Post
    No you won't overrev your engine even in CORSA mode, I tried it many times in the race track. At the speed of over 300 km/h, even you press the downshift paddle a few times, only the lowest gear within the safety margin predetermined by the ECU would be engaged. Many people don't know the fact that, when using the SPORT or CORSA mode, if you want to drop to the lowest possible gear, you only need to hold the downshift paddle for 0.5 second, it will skip two or three gears for you, i.e downshift directly from fifth gear to second gear instantly and safely.
    I'm glad this came up. I just bought a 580-2 Spider about a week ago. I also have a 458 spider and on my FCar when I brake and hold the downshift paddle down it drops sequentially and safely.

The other day I thought I would try in Huracan just to see if same type of technology was there. I traded in a 911 Turbo S for my Huracan and that car does not do anything if downshift paddle is just held down.

Anyways......I was just trying in the city and at about 45 mph on a back road and this car just rockets downward if you hold the paddle.

My question is would it bring you all the way down to first no matter what if you just held it down????? I was like Woah!!!! Lol
    I didn't experiment any more til I got more info.

I guess I was just shell shocked coming from a 458 because this was just at fairly slow speed.

I messed with it in all the settings....in strada it will do this even in manual. In Sport and corsa it will but I am not sure if it will do this in automatic also if you hold downshift.

I just didn't try holding it too long because it came down so fast and wasn't sure if the downshift would stop lol

Actively looking for a used H.. looking for a good or wholesale deal but.. better me than to some wholesaler who is just trying to make $ on the transaction, I'm looking to drive it semi daily and enjoy it.. in maui, she would have a good home . What's the asking price? Currently on the mainland

Here's a video of mine in thrust. Notice it hitting the rev limiter while shifting to fifth. Got up to 129 before I let off due to a car in front of me.

Instagram: ur55__
    YouTube: UR 55

2017 Huracán Spyder 610-4 / UR 55
    2016 Cayenne Turbo S
    2013 Gallardo Spyder LP 550-2
    2005 GMC Pickup (grin)