MY15 Vs MY16 Huracan

MY15 Vs MY16 Huracan
    Hello All

Hope everyone's well. Tried a search and couldn't find anything.

Has anyone here either owned both a MY15 then MY16, or driven the two enough to tell the difference?

Lamborghini says the MY16 has been tweaked to provide an even more neutral driving feel, particularly in strada, which tells me they've attempted to dial out some understeer.

Couple of questions then

1- firstly does the MY15 really havelots of understeer ?

2. If so, Is understeer greatly reduced on the MY16?

3. And if it's merely a software update does that mean a MY15 with the update will also have less understeer?

4. Apart from that would an MY15 and MY16 be more or less identical?

A friend has an unadvertised MY15 for sale privately, and am just doing some research to know if the 16 had any special changes or not

Sorry for all the questions but just want to know as much as I can before spending $400k on a Huracan here in Australia

Thank you

Here you go:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/inde...post&id=130753

Hope this helps!

I would say that one would have to be a VERY accomplished driver to notice the difference between the suspension set ups on MY15 vs MY16. If you're not going to the track, then almost certainly, there would be no appreciable difference.

Anima sana in corpore sano

Thank you TT bear. Yes I'm not planning on tracking the car so I reckon it shouldn't make a difference to me if I go MY 15

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by JKay View Post
    Thank you TT bear. Yes I'm not planning on tracking the car so I reckon it shouldn't make a difference to me if I go MY 15

Thanks again
    No worries!

Anima sana in corpore sano

I'm glad my 15 doesnt have cylinder deactivation. If I'm paying for 10 cylinders I want 10 cylinders all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by scott23 View Post
    I'm glad my 15 doesnt have cylinder deactivation. If I'm paying for 10 cylinders I want 10 cylinders all the time.
    My 16 does and on long drives it deactivates one bank and I notice no difference at all because when I stomp on the gas pedal to overtake,all cylinders fire up again and pulls like a bat out of hell. Cylinder deactivation only comes on if you are keeping the throttle steady at cruise on the highway in strada mode, the computer senses that you are cruising and deactivates one bank and a small icon lights up on the TFT to show you its done it. If I dont want it I just have to press lightly on the gas or switch to Sport/Corsa or blip the throttle or downshift. No loss of performance whatsoever.
    2016 Rosso Mars LP610-4 Bellevue Edition
    2014 GTR Black Edition

A friend of mine with a '16 LP580-2 said that he definitely notices the cylinder deactivation, and he's a little annoyed by it. He drives it in strada 90% of the time.

I have a '15, but I haven't tried a '16 to see if there's much of a difference. To be honest, if I wanted a great handling car I would have kept my GT3. I don't feel nearly as confident in the Huracan, it's not as easy to drive fast through corners. I don't really feel like it's an understeer issue, it's probably just me not feeling as comfortable with a heavier car.

I agree with your my 15 GT3 was incredibly precise but while the Huracan is heavier, the sound and power is heaven. :-) And the engine doesn't smoke as did my GT3 :-(

Quote Originally Posted by reacher View Post
    A friend of mine with a '16 LP580-2 said that he definitely notices the cylinder deactivation, and he's a little annoyed by it. He drives it in strada 90% of the time.

I have a '15, but I haven't tried a '16 to see if there's much of a difference. To be honest, if I wanted a great handling car I would have kept my GT3. I don't feel nearly as confident in the Huracan, it's not as easy to drive fast through corners. I don't really feel like it's an understeer issue, it's probably just me not feeling as comfortable with a heavier car.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan (5000 mi) DD Sun
    2009 Porsche 911 C4S PDK (26,000 mi) DD Rain
    2007 Porsche GT3 (37,000 mi) Parting out
    2000 Porsche 911 C2 Aero (54,000 mi) Track Car "Bumblebee"
    1995 Porsche 911 Carrera Aero(51,000 mi) Show Car
    1987 Porsche Targa - (90,500) preservation
    1986.5 Porsche 928 - (122,000) preservation
    1967 Porsche 912 - (93,000 mi) project
    2003 Mercedes E320 Sport (69,000 mi) Airport Car
    2010 Mercedes R350 Bluetec (34,000 mi) wife's