Resolving blind spots

Resolving blind spots
    Everytime I drive the Huracan, the way the car is designed make a ton of major blind spots. Almost to the point that I would rather be driving a normal sedan if there was no performance. But at the same time I realize those blind spots are something that comes with a super sports car where the roof is waist high. Also for how big the car looks, the driver/passenger compartment is very small and cramped. The entire car seems to be dedicated only to the engine.

When I'm in traffic or need to get around it, the blind spots really make this car a pain to drive. Even normal driving I still can't really see around me and I have to really double check to be sure there's no car around me. Plus I have no idea if other cars have harder time seeing super cars because of their low profile, because this one car almost turned in front of me. And being low I worry if cars can see me if they're backing up.

I just want to get some ideas how to resolve this issue or just something I have to live with. I will rent it again eventually but I want to be sure I can actually enjoy the car next time rather than trying to navigate it around traffic.

And on the side note, I got the car up to 120 mph without trying! I think I was cruising like 80mph on the big toll road & then gave it a little more boost and I peaked at the HUD and saw it went up to 120mph! I only did it for a short amount, but it got up there so fast. I just wonder if cops would understand this car is so powerful you wouldn't even know you were speeding.

One time during my rental there was so much traffic I had to get around it as I only had 2 hours to drive it. So I went and waited in a right turn lane sorta thing, and when it turned green, floored it and went around the other cars. I mean the car is so fast I am sure I didn't get in their way. I just hope they understood it was a rental and needed to get the most out the car before my time was up.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfalcon View Post
    Everytime I drive the Huracan, the way the car is designed make a ton of major blind spots. Almost to the point that I would rather be driving a normal sedan if there was no performance. But at the same time I realize those blind spots are something that comes with a super sports car where the roof is waist high. Also for how big the car looks, the driver/passenger compartment is very small and cramped. The entire car seems to be dedicated only to the engine.

When I'm in traffic or need to get around it, the blind spots really make this car a pain to drive. Even normal driving I still can't really see around me and I have to really double check to be sure there's no car around me. Plus I have no idea if other cars have harder time seeing super cars because of their low profile, because this one car almost turned in front of me. And being low I worry if cars can see me if they're backing up.

I just want to get some ideas how to resolve this issue or just something I have to live with. I will rent it again eventually but I want to be sure I can actually enjoy the car next time rather than trying to navigate it around traffic.

And on the side note, I got the car up to 120 mph without trying! I think I was cruising like 80mph on the big toll road & then gave it a little more boost and I peaked at the HUD and saw it went up to 120mph! I only did it for a short amount, but it got up there so fast. I just wonder if cops would understand this car is so powerful you wouldn't even know you were speeding.

One time during my rental there was so much traffic I had to get around it as I only had 2 hours to drive it. So I went and waited in a right turn lane sorta thing, and when it turned green, floored it and went around the other cars. I mean the car is so fast I am sure I didn't get in their way. I just hope they understood it was a rental and needed to get the most out the car before my time was up.
    Oh, I am absolutely certain, without a shadow of a doubt, that when the other drivers saw you line up in the right hand turn lane, and blow by them, the FIRST thought that entered their minds was "oh, look - there's a rather nice gentleman that is renting a Lamborghini - he probably just needs to get out in front of us to enjoy his two hours. Good for him".

Perhaps, however, their initial thought was more along the lines of - "What an asshat. There goes another douchebag Lamborghini driver, thinking he owns the road".

Thank you for perpetuating a stigma that most of us do our best to negate........

Anima sana in corpore sano

exactly my thoughts TTBear

but i have to admit, the blindspots are terrible for a daily drive. I'm used to my lane-change-assistance-system (or whatever you may call it) ... why wouldn't lamorghini offer this as an option? just because it's a "supercar" doens't mean it has to be inconvenient.

I'm used to Porsche and only drove the Huracan for a day .. i am still undecided whether i should buy one or not. Then Lamorghini comes along with their 10$ rear view camera ... i mean, come on?

Hmmm, I guess he did not test drive a Huracan ... because we have no HUD !
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

This is the second time he mentioned about the Head Up Display, maybe his rental company have some after market HUD installed in their cars in order to remind their customers how fast they are driving, haha....
    2016 Lamborghini LP 580
    2015 Mclaren 570S
    2015 Nissan Nismo GTR
    2014 Rolls Royce Wraith
    2013 Porsche 911 Carrera S
    2011 Ferrari 458
    1996 Porsche 911 GT2 (993)
    1988 Lamborghini 25th Anniversary Countach

black beast sydney

Quote Originally Posted by red580 View Post
    This is the second time he mentioned about the Head Up Display, maybe his rental company have some after market HUD installed in their cars in order to remind their customers how fast they are driving, haha....
    Hi,
    I had the same concerns before i purchased my Huracan and also for about 2 weeks after i received it, wont be a problem for you, the more you drive it, the more you'll get used to changing lanes, and also after 2 months of driving it, you wont have the blind spot problem because it will be like driving a Toyota Camry,hope this helps you because i dont care about minor inconveniences, when i get into my Huracan, im in another world and you'll have the exact same feeling as me and all the other blessed H owners. ENJOOOOOOOOOY

I don't think the blind spots are as bad as they were in my R8's, having those little windows on each side of window really helps. Also having the glass bonnet in back helps