Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions on Buying Used

Questions on Buying Used
    I have never bought a used car before and someone showed me this post, Warning Mileage correction/clocking & warranty - Lamborghini Forum.

I'm not buying from a Lamborghini Dealership so a little worried, It is being sold by a Mclaren dealership.

Here is Carfax I ran.

Questions on Buying Used-fax1-jpg

Couple things I'm not sure of? Is that first line showing it being exported from Belgium correct? Also first service was not done at a Lamborghini dealership, does Lamborghini offer first service free like most cars get? If they do would seem strange it wasnt taken to one. Carfax claims if you buy a car after using their report and mileage isnt correct they buy back?

I hope I'm just being paranoid so any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Anyone here buy new? Figured I could at least get the question of if first service free?

Are you willing to risk it?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Are you willing to risk it?
    Well that is why i'm trying to get some info? Surprised no one can answer the simple question of is first service free? I did find it was serviced a couple months ago at Lamborghini Long Island. Figure if there was fiddling with odometer they would have picked it up, I plan to call them tomorrow. Also I'm buying from a respected high end Aston-Martin, Mclaren dealership, I would think they would be up on these things. Here is a link to car, from the pictures it does look like this car was never really driven.
    Used 2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 | Roslyn, NY

No, Lamborghini does not offer free services. You can negotiate this with the dealer and I knw some how did not get a further lower price but one or two free services.

Check the cars service manual. The oil change and inspection should be noted with the miles. Check the outside for chips and scratches.

I see no reason that car should be clocked back. The Huracan are just too new. One usually does this on older cars like the Gallardo. There was a Performante in Germany that had close to 100k and was found with 50k later. But it had an accident earlier at around 70k what was reported (although we do not have something like Carfax here) so they found out that it was clocked.

Honestly I really see no cause why not buying the car. Try to get a lower price (5-10k) and tell the salesman you are a little concerend why one sells the car with less than 1k mls Car looks great !
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Thank you, knowing that first service is not free really helps. I do feel good about knowing it was recently serviced at a Lamborghini dealership. For the people who say walk away and find another that is easier said than done. The only color I want is this blu, not sure if you read my introduction post about how I actually almost bought this exact car 18 months ago when it was brand new. It was at my local Boston Lambo dealership but then got sold to someone in NY. And I feel I got a good deal, since they are not a Lambo dealer they really don't want to have it sit in there showroom all winter, got close to $10k off that price.

And you really had the patience to wait so long ? It's a beauty and I would not even had any bad feelings about clocking the car or whatever. Doesn't matter if the car sits at a Lambo dealer. The previous owner probably traded it in for a 650s or so.

The dealer I bought my Spyder from now also has a 610 Spyder in Blu Caleum. The car has about 200 mls on it so it is brandnew ... but it was already sold and delivered to a customer. He drove the car once or twice and was happy....or not ? He came back to the dealer two weeks later and traded it in for an Aventador SV Roadster. The time the AV got delivered (after about 8 months) he brought this Spyder to the dealer. In the meantime he did not drive the car at all. Definitely a bargain too like yours
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Quote Originally Posted by robby3 View Post
    And you really had the patience to wait so long ?
    Was not that hard being patient since this is my car, and it's a blast. I can only hope I enjoy the Huracan as much

Questions on Buying Used-ceramic-pro-jpgQuestions on Buying Used-a7-jpgQuestions on Buying Used-al4-jpgQuestions on Buying Used-red1-jpg

When buying any used vehicle it's imperative to have an authorized dealer or reputable shop perform an extensive pre-purchase inspection. Typical cost is between $500-$750. Well worth it!

If car was not still under warranty I would do a ppi and from looks of car it is clear it was never really been driven. It was just at Lambo dealership for service so any issues would have been fixed. For piece of mind I will bring to my local Lambo dealership for another service, car has 18 months of warranty left.