Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ordering a Huracan and wanted to get some insight..

Ordering a Huracan and wanted to get some insight..
    Hello all, I am new to this forum but am looking forward to hearing all about everyone's different experiences.. So i'm thinking of ordering the rear wheel drive version as i have been a motorcycle racer for years and transitioned over to track cars for a few years now. Couple questions for you guys. If i decide to go with the all wheel then Carbon brakes are included but an option for the rear wheel. If and when i am on the street will there be any benefit to the carbon breaks at all? Do they require any specific break in period? Also i was planning on wrapping the car in the 3m chip guard as i plan on ordering black noctis exterior with black rims and either red or yellow calipers. I was also thinking of either seeing if i can get the side markers in clear or tint the stock ones. Thoughts? Race exhaust as well which i was quoted 12k installed. Does this sound right? Any one have the rear wheel drive with the non carbon breaks? How do they perform?

One of the biggest questions i have is whether the magnetic suspension is worth the upgrade? And dynamic steering? wasted money? Can anyone explain the magnetic suspension?

Thoughts on the seats being alcantara ? On the door panels and roof it looks awesome but the seats my concern would be wear and tear? Any other upgrades that you guys would recommend? How is the stock sound system? Also is it bluetooth wireless so if by chance my girl is in the car and wants to listen to her pandora will i be able to wireless connect? Anyone have there car wrapped fully in chip gaurd? My concern is black and obvious swirl marks. Current gallardo is orange but i have always like the stealthy look of black and this time i think i have to go with that choice unless matte black is an option but have yet to see in person.. thanks in advance

Welcome home! In my opinion cermic brakes are a must, so make sure to opt for them.
    There are so many awesome aftermarket exhaust systems now available at half the price of the race exhaust.
    Lift option is another must have!
    As for alcantara the wear is not visible if you go with blk, on other colors you notice a suoerficial wear in time that cannot be avoided.

Not sure if they switched the front & rear sensors & rear camera to standard now but if not that is A MUST have option as well but i'm sure you know that. Not to sure of the technicals on the mag ride someone else may need to chime in. Ceramic brakes come standard on 610 so I'm guessing your going 580..deff get them. Don't buy the race exhaust its way over priced. Far superior preforming & sounding exhaust after market options for WAY less than that.
    "Go look at yourself in the mirror & say "I'm going to win, I'm going to do this & no one will stop me...Not even you" #GrindOrDie

2015 Verde Mantis Huracan LP610 "Kryptonite"
    2014 BMW i8 "The DeathStar"

thank you for the quick replies. yes the rear camera and sensors are a must as well. Any recommendations on the exhaust brands? Does it void any type of warranty? I have also read diff reviews stating that the exhaust it comes with is standard while some say its the sport exhaust. Maybe to get a better idea, i currently have the tubi sport exhaust on the bicolore gallardo which i love the sound of but my dealer said that now that lambo makes there sport/race exhaust, aftermarkets will void the warranty

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    thank you for the quick replies. yes the rear camera and sensors are a must as well. Any recommendations on the exhaust brands? Does it void any type of warranty? I have also read diff reviews stating that the exhaust it comes with is standard while some say its the sport exhaust. Maybe to get a better idea, i currently have the tubi sport exhaust on the bicolore gallardo which i love the sound of but my dealer said that now that lambo makes there sport/race exhaust, aftermarkets will void the warranty
    I have the race exhaust on my car and I love it. I did want a factory approved exhaust and didn't mind spending a little more for it. Actually I got a pretty good deal on it! However there is no truth in stating that an aftermarket exhaust will void the warranty.

Lamborghini actually offers 3 exhaust systems for the Huracan. Standard and Sport which are available from the factory and Race which is only available through the dealership.

Kevin

Thank you for All the info guys. Did you guys order your huracan with the dynamic steering and or the magnetic suspension. If so do you think it's worth it. I have heard mixed reviews on the steering feeling to artificial but what about the suspension? The standard suspension would be how stiff compared to the magnetic? Sorry for all the questions.

Thank you for All the info guys. Did you guys order your huracan with the dynamic steering and or the magnetic suspension. If so do you think it's worth it. I have heard mixed reviews on the steering feeling to artificial but what about the suspension? The standard suspension would be how stiff compared to the magnetic? Sorry for all the questions.
    I have the magnetic suspension and the front lift. This was a must for me and I couldn't live with out it. The LDS is a nice feature around town and when parking. I got it because I wanted it. I read the same stuff about it too. I could live with out it. I have heard there have been improvements to the LDS for 2016.

I spoke to the dealer today. Of course they have a car that apparently someone had ordered but since has lost a job or something that they can no longer back out of the order so I'm going to see it tmrw to see what it looks like in person with the options. It seems to have a decent amount options. It has the lift which is a must, carbon brakes, branding package, 20 inch rims, red calipers not sure what the NAR is but part of the navigation options, TEB and forged/ anyone know what that is the park assist and a few others. The only options it doesnt seem to have are the magnetic suspension and the dynamic steering. It has a standard exhaust but they are willing to hook me up with the race exhaust. That is what he said so i will find out what hooked up means!! As for the sound system he said that the new upgraded system is an option for 2017 and that it is only a couple more speakers and some more wattage.. Is there any truth to that?

I spoke to the dealer today. Of course they have a car that apparently someone had ordered but since has lost a job or something that they can no longer back out of the order so I'm going to see it tmrw to see what it looks like in person with the options. It seems to have a decent amount options. It has the lift which is a must, carbon brakes, branding package, 20 inch rims, red calipers not sure what the NAR is but part of the navigation options, TEB and forged/ anyone know what that is the park assist and a few others. The only options it doesnt seem to have are the magnetic suspension and the dynamic steering. It has a standard exhaust but they are willing to hook me up with the race exhaust. That is what he said so i will find out what hooked up means!! As for the sound system he said that the new upgraded system is an option for 2017 and that it is only a couple more speakers and some more wattage.. Is there any truth to that?
    TEB and forged = Transparent Engine Bonnet and forged carbon fiber.

Yes, apparently there is a sound system option available for 2016

Guys that have the current car what are the sound system stats ? How much better is the upgraded system is it worth the wait ? If you could get a car now with a good price would you hold out for magnetic ride, upgraded stereo and the engine lights. That's pretty much the only thing after seeing a car they have ready to go is missing but as of now I feel they aren't deal breakers. Alcantara seats would of been nice but I have heard some say the wear and tear isn't as durable. So that one can go either way. Can have the car next week or I have to wait till October. Decisions. Decisions