Life changing dilemma
    There are always lambo build slots...(on most models) wait

sent from my cell phone
    2015 lp-610
    2015 Porsche GT3
    2010 BMW M6
    2015 Gmc sierra

life is short...if you can do it than get it and do not look back

Just rent the car, I know a place in Costa Mesa CA that let me rent a Huracan for $300 for 2 hours.

It's so stupid to buy the car for $250k and know it will lose money. And have super high maintenance cost. And ya all you can justify is that life is short. It's so stupid to buy a car just because you saw it in a picture if you haven't even driven it. Once you drive it, you'll realize what inconveniences you will have to deal with to drive this car all the time. Not saying it makes it a bad car, but this car needs much more attention to driving than a normal BMW 3 or 5 series. And 2 hours driving this thing I felt I just came off an airplane.

You can just rent them so you can go through your life knowing you driven one without dropping a stupid amount of money. Better to just drop a few hundred bucks than a few or several hundred thousand dollars.

I drove the Huracan though, it's an amazing car. But I just don't know about the idea of dropping $250k for a car that's going to be a pain in the ass to drive every day. I only drive it just for the experience to get through this life being able to drive an exotic without buying one, I just don't know if it's a car I want a financial burden of owning. Plus you need to realize the cool looks come at the expense of convinience. You have major blind spots, you're super low to the ground, it feels like a race car so be ready for that.

I don't know how your financial situation is, but if you barely have enough to buy one, at least rent it first. So you know you actually want to drive this beast everyday or if you would be better off driving it sometimes & renting. I bet the people selling their Lamborghinis on Craigslist realized this car is a bitch to drive every day, ended up just driving on special occasions or not at all, and then realized they just blew money they can't get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoking View Post
    Ok. So I see you have weighed all angles. You clearly seem to have a grasp of how fiscally irresponsible it would be for you to get the Lambo. But you still want it. If this were an impulse decision I would say definitely DO NOT get the Lambo.

But if you've been weighing this for some time then its clear that you understand what you'd be getting into. That said, I am a huge believer in minimizing conflict. Not with others as it may sound. But minimize conflict within yourself. If you please others at the expense of your deep desire you are actually INCREASING conflict. Internal conflict that is. And since the voice we hear WAY more than our family, wives or anyone is the voice in our own head. If you don't get it the question is this: Do YOU have a way to rationalize it so that you LOVE your decision to not get it. If you can do this then by all means do the fiscally responsible thing and wait. But if you will torment yourself in internal conflict... well then you must buy it.

Btw, this applies to ALL things. Including marrying your girlfriend. Doing things out of compulsion is to not genuinely do something at all.

Lastly, remember that buying a Lambo isn't putting $290k down the drain. It only costs you however much it depreciates during your ownership. So if you decide the fun isn't worth the expense after a year then you lost $60k or so. But even that isn't really a loss if YOU decide $60k is a small price to pay to realize a dream while you're still young enough to enjoy it.
    I loved this post. These are sage words. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Peanut, I like your name btw (pea-nut), forget all the nay sayers. Buy the car.
    The easiest cosigners would be your parents, ask them nicely, promise you will take care of them and let them cosign. Or, find a rich wife (doesn't have to be yours, btw).

Enjoy your life.

I edit my post.
    I see that you live in Australia, no way to escape authorities unless you are a very fast swimmer. Dismiss my previous post.
    Work your ass off instead.
    LOL!! And I also loved THIS post - made me laugh, literally out loud

Anima sana in corpore sano

I think you're ready to become a Lambo owner, you really deserve it! Go ahead, enjoy it, it's a milestone in your life.
    2016 Lamborghini LP 580
    2015 Mclaren 570S
    2015 Nissan Nismo GTR
    2014 Rolls Royce Wraith
    2013 Porsche 911 Carrera S
    2011 Ferrari 458
    1996 Porsche 911 GT2 (993)
    1988 Lamborghini 25th Anniversary Countach

As for being a pain in the ass to drive, I don't agree. I was surprised at how easy and comfortable it is to drive. Mine is lowered, so I need to be more aware, but it's really livable. I put 1000 miles on mine in a couple of weeks and it's great. I plan to drive it as much as I can.