Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    BMC Air Filters? or any aftermarket intake system?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venzz1028 View Post
    Where did you buy the smooth tubes?
    reidperformance

Quote Originally Posted by Navydoc View Post
    Having the BMC filters and smooth tubes installed Wednesday...guess I'll see if it makes any difference

Hey man any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Venzz1028 View Post
    Hey man any updates?
    So this is what I have so far....install went very quickly...my shop called me down to look at everything before replacing the covers and it sure looks sweet. So I drove it home which is about 1.5 miles....parked it and waited for some driving weather....and waited....and waited....so I live in Hampton Roads, VA and the weather has sucked. Last night I couldn't take it anymore so I fired Lucy up in the garage. What I have discovered is that the throttle response is much quicker. Barely touching the accelerator drives the RPM's up to 3500 in a flash. I also have the Fabspeed exhaust as noted from previous posts. The exhaust sound has also become louder (if that's possible)...scared the crap out of my neighbor who was standing in the garage as I was testing the throttle. So......while I haven't actually taken her on the streets in Corsa mode yet it would seem that the throttle response is improved. Hopefully when I return from Vegas next week I will have a chance to go on my local run and see if that translates into improved performance. Wish I had more but stay tuned......

So...finally got some great weather in Hampton Roads and took Lucy out for a real spin last evening to test the BMC/Smooth Tubes and Fabspeed combo. As I suspected the acceleration is definitely more responsive. Most notably in the Corsa mode the gear shifts are harder (more so than before) and now when I launch all wheels spin whereas before maybe the rears would spin for a moment. Seems to reach redline quicker...I need to measure 0-60 and 0-100 times but currently I'm looking for a reliable app to do that. Maybe someone can make a suggestion...overall I am very pleased with the "bolt ons" and even without a tune I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by robby3 View Post
    Bought BMC filters, installed them (easy fitted perfectly), drove the car for an hour. No additional intake noise (like a whistle or so), but also my butt did not notice any more power.

It's getting much colder outside and the air is more dense than in summer so the engine produce a little more power anyways. Maybe together with some silicone intake piping but even then I doubt one can really notice 10 hp more in the top end. It would be different with a tune that adds more torque in the low/mid end.

Just did mine today. I noticed a whistle noise under light load. Did you have that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Navydoc View Post
    So...finally got some great weather in Hampton Roads and took Lucy out for a real spin last evening to test the BMC/Smooth Tubes and Fabspeed combo. As I suspected the acceleration is definitely more responsive. Most notably in the Corsa mode the gear shifts are harder (more so than before) and now when I launch all wheels spin whereas before maybe the rears would spin for a moment. Seems to reach redline quicker...I need to measure 0-60 and 0-100 times but currently I'm looking for a reliable app to do that. Maybe someone can make a suggestion...overall I am very pleased with the "bolt ons" and even without a tune I am happy.
    Any updates on 6 months of use?

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    I have K&N on my cars (LP640 & Viper).

R8 V10 are responding well to filters, Huracan should be the same:
    Amazing... Filters
    No posts on here for 4+ years?

I have setup a group buy with Reid Performance for the intake tubes.
    $200 shipped in the US.

How difficult is the install? Any special tools needed?

Quote Originally Posted by lucycan View Post
    How difficult is the install? Any special tools needed?
    No specialty tools required, most people can install in under 30 minutes.
    LP640