Lamborghini will launch a new model in October

Lamborghini will launch a new model in October
    So lets get the rumor mill going, moments ago Lamborghini confirmed the launch of a new model in October at Paris.
    What do you think it will be? The Lamborghini Urus, a GT cruiser Lambo or a new Lamborhgini hypercar to compete with McLaren P1 or Ferrari LaFerrari?

2015 Lamborghini Huracan on order
    2010 Audi R8 V10
    2007 Lamborghini Gallardo (past but not forgotten)

Its hard to say. Judging by the tease sketch it seems like its midengined since there is that what could be a air intake under the window. It could be a production of the miura concept. However most are saying its a 4 seater since by the wording it says DOUBLE it so that leads me to believe its a 4 seater
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

I also think that is rather a 4 door model or indeed a gt model designed to compete with F12 or other GT cruisers. As much as i wanted i do not think in the rumor about a hypercar to compete with P1 and LaFerrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I also think that is rather a 4 door model or indeed a gt model designed to compete with F12 or other GT cruisers. As much as i wanted i do not think in the rumor about a hypercar to compete with P1 and LaFerrari.
    Agreed Lamborghini isn't a real follower when it comes to the competitions product. Just look at how long it took for them to get a double clutch transmission. They do things their own way and thats what makes them the greatest.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

I also do not think the theory of an P1/LaFerrari competitor, for such an model they would have applied other marketing strategy.

I would also like to add on the comment above that when they apply a new tech, they make sure it's reliable. The double clutch tranny is the best example.
    2010 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560

The plot thickens:

"Lamborghini sent out a cryptic teaser the other day regarding a new car they're about to show. And now, Autoblog.nl says it'll be called 'Asterion,' which is a mythological name for a half bull/half human hybrid. And we bet this car uses electricity too.

Whether the Asterion is a concept or a production car isn't known yet, but it seems to make sense that a hybrid system would be on the cards for Lamborghini, considering that Ferrari, Porsche, and McLaren have all used hybrids to increase performance by leaps and bounds.

Autoblog.nl says Lamborghini trademarked the Asterion name and logo for the upcoming car, and the bull/man hybrid makes a lot of sense with the company's naming scheme. Another theory is that 'Asterion' could just be the name of the hybrid system, and then they'd apply it to their cars where they see fit as an additional trim level."

The idea of having the hybrid system as an option to any lambo model is really out of the box but i doubt it's a reality. After all this info i tend to think that this will be a concept of a future Lambo hybrid super/hyper car.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan on order
    2010 Audi R8 V10
    2007 Lamborghini Gallardo (past but not forgotten)