Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

new huracan break in procedure and first oil change

new huracan break in procedure and first oil change
    Quote Originally Posted by jjrho View Post
    did any one do a change at home on the H and have some info on whch are the main drain bolts to drain from for 90% or more of the oil to come out ? filter element at the dealer ?
    can we use 0-40 weight M1 esp ?

jim R
    See the pictures above. The Huracan drain points are exactly the same and you will remove over 90% of the oil. The filter element is the same as the previous LP engines and can be found many places on line including eBay and Amazon.

Mobil 1 does not make ESP in 0W-40, at least I couldn't find it. They have 0W-30 and It is not VW 504/507 approved. It's use is up to you. The 5W-30 is 504/507 approved.

Does the oil come gushing out ?
    We've always been changing our oil in the Porsche CayenneTT and 911TT, and got it down to a science where little of any oil gets all over the place.

Is the Huracan similar ?

so what do you guys think about the first oil change 3000 miles? According to the dealer the the engine is already broken in from the factory so no need to baby it. I believe the manual say 9k for the first oil change but seems way to high

Found a site with service and recall campaigns for the Huracan + other models

I posted this in another thread a while back. I feel that it is imperative that factory oil be removed by 3000 miles due to all the break in excess metals and gasket materials. Recently, the Corvette Z06 was recommending that the first oil change be around 9000 miles but they have had a few issues with engine sealants used during the build process that they now recommend an oil change at 500 miles. I heard something that Lamborghini may be changing their position as well but I don't have anything to confirm this.

Here is the proof from GM:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 11/24/2014 Ref. number: Service / Service Operations / G_0000205212
    Subject: 2014/2015 Z51 and Z06 Corvettes – Additional Required Maintenance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, and Cadillac Dealers

2014/2015 Z51 and Z06 Corvettes – Additional Required Maintenance

The following message only applies to dry sump Corvettes that have not had their first oil change performed.

Some 2014/2015 Z51 and Z06 Corvettes may experience a condition that leads to oil leaking out from the air cleaner assembly. This condition may be caused by running the engine continuously at a high engine speed with the first factory fill oil, resulting in silicone sealants in the engine’s gaskets degrading the oil’s anti-foaming agents. The oil foam has no effect on the engine’s durability.

Effective Immediately:

GM is changing the required maintenance schedule for all 2014/2015 Z51 and Z06 Corvettes equipped with dry sump systems. The new schedule will require the oil/filter be changed immediately after the break-in period, which occurs after the first 500 miles of operation. Once the break-in oil change is performed and the Oil Life Monitoring system is reset, customers should follow the Oil Life Monitoring system for all future oil change needs.

The 2nd printing of the 2015 Owner Manuals is being updated with this change. These manuals will not be in the glove box material until January 2015. For vehicles produced before this change, and for all vehicles going forward, it is important to notify the customers that a change has been made, and they will need to have the vehicle’s oil changed after the break-in period. Copies of the new maintenance grid will be available on GMPROGRAMINFO.com, under Chevrolet, Resources.

As you are aware, all 2014/2015 Corvettes come with Chevrolet Complete Care which covers 2 years/24,000 miles of select required maintenance. Previously, up to 4 service events were allowed under the program guidelines in the 2-year/24,000-mile period. With the change in the maintenance schedule being effective immediately, an additional oil change allowance will be added to 2014/2015 Z51 and Z06 Corvettes, increasing the amount of coverage to 2 years/24,000 miles, up to 5 service events.

Please make sure all dealership personnel are aware of this change.

Read more: Z51/Z06 Oil Change requred at 500 miles - Corvette Forum

The oil definitely comes out with force when you open the drain plugs on the lines coming from the dry sump. As long as you have the pan as close as you can get it you shouldn't have much spattering of oil. A couple of plugs are very slow, especially plug #4. Don't be too much in a hurry. I let mine sit for 30 min or so with the plugs removed to be sure I got most of the oil out.

500 Miles ,get that factory oil out of their,then drive as you wish.....

i think i will take 15huracan1 advice for the 500mile mark... better to just have the piece of mind