Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Manual transmission mode vs automatic, at start up
    really, 99% drive in auto?

I remember watching a video of a journalist on the track with the Huracan complaining that it wont let him select automatic in Corsa mode. He said, the car knows better than me, it should be shifting for me.

I threw up in my mouth then. what a load of rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by MiKyHuT View Post
    really, 99% drive in auto?

I remember watching a video of a journalist on the track with the Huracan complaining that it wont let him select automatic in Corsa mode. He said, the car knows better than me, it should be shifting for me.

I threw up in my mouth then. what a load of rubbish.
    I watched that same video & paused it like wait what? And replayed it to make sure I did not miss something lol
    "Go look at yourself in the mirror & say "I'm going to win, I'm going to do this & no one will stop me...Not even you" #GrindOrDie

2015 Verde Mantis Huracan LP610 "Kryptonite"
    2014 BMW i8 "The DeathStar"

as soon as he said that, I thought this will be a waste of time watching this video.

I actually use auto when I first head out to let the car warm up. Strada and auto (keeps it quiet out of the neighborhood as well).
    The minute the RPM nanny goes away its Sport or Corsa and Manual for me.

Quote Originally Posted by abedh View Post
    I actually use auto when I first head out to let the car warm up. Strada and auto (keeps it quiet out of the neighborhood as well).
    I have roughly the same routine. At a cold start I begin in Strada and Auto. Once the oil temp is between 50 and 70 degrees C, I put the car in Sport and leave it in auto. I drive the car regular allowing the car to shift normally through the gears as necessary and this is usually around 4000 rpm. Once the oil temp is at 90, I put the car in Manual and I do the shifting.

If the car is warm, I hit the start button without my foot on the brake. Place the car in Sport and then start the car. This allows the car to start with full exhaust sound. Put the car in 1st, hit the M switch and hit the road!

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by abedh View Post
    This is the main reason for which the car was intended to start in auto. The topic of break in oeriod for the Huracan is well known here on the forum and as Lamborghini tech explained me, even if the car does not need a break in period you need to get it to the right temp before having fun with it. For the same reason the rpm nanny is in place.
    Overreving an cold engine does produce premature wear on its components.