Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The 1.75 Million Euro Lamborghini Centenario limited to 40 cars, all have been sold!

The 1.75 Million Euro Lamborghini Centenario limited to 40 cars, all have been sold!

"Automobili Lamborghini presents the Lamborghini Centenario at Geneva Motor Show, in the year the company celebrates the centenary of founder Ferruccio Lamborghini's birth. Only 20 coupé and 20 roadster versions of the Centenario will be produced and all 40 cars are already sold, at a start price of 1.75 million euros plus tax.

The Centenario continues Lamborghini's one-off strategy and demonstrates Lamborghini's innovative design and engineering competencies. Using the V12 architecture, the Centenario's naturally aspirated engine produces 770 hp and powers from 0-100 km/h in 2.8 seconds, and from 0-300 km/h in 23.5 seconds with a top speed of more than 350 km/h. Braking from 100 km/h to standstill is achieved in 30 meters. A monocoque and body in full carbon fiber provide a low weight of 1,520 kg and a weight to power ratio of just 1.97 kg/hp.

The car's aerodynamic design includes an extending rear wing providing more downforce at high speeds. The introduction of rear-wheel steering provides increased agility and stability, and an innovative touchscreen provides connected infotainment, including internet browsing and Apple CarPlay.

"The Centenario is a car that perfectly combines tradition and innovation. It looks to the future while honouring the legend that is Ferruccio Lamborghini," says Automobili Lamborghini President and CEO Stephan Winkelmann. "The Centenario is an opportunity for our designers and engineers to transcend some of the constraints of series car production to achieve an incomparable result: the Centenario has immediately proved itself as a desirable collectors' car, while demonstrating new Lamborghini technologies and outstanding performance. It is the most fitting tribute to Ferruccio Lamborghini in his centenary year: a man who created an exceptional brand, believed that anything was possible, and produced extraordinary, iconic cars. The Centenario is a super sports car for Ferruccio Lamborghini and the future he and we believe in today."

Source: Lamborghini - Official website

Special delivery from member @doctam3!

great in the creation of things, but personally to over styled imo !!

The wheels could have been better.

Way over done...Like Huracan much better....

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    The wheels could have been better.
    Absolutely agree.

The design is way over the top, but I suppose any limited edition Lamborghini SHOULD be - that's what Lambo has been about, from day one. I'm not getting what the halo effect really is from the special edition Lambos recently. To me, they must be relevant, and applicable to the marque's identity and core values. I'm not sure that this is, nor is the Veneno, IMHO.

It's a moot point - I'll never have that kind of cake to spend, anyways, hahaha.

Anima sana in corpore sano

Quote Originally Posted by TTBear View Post

It's a moot point - I'll never have that kind of cake to spend, anyways, hahaha.
    HEY! Wheres that positive thinking????

I have to admit the car came out a lot better than what they showed in Monterey. I wonder how long it will take for the rear wheel steering to make it to a regular production car...possibly Aventador replacement

I'm not a fan of these special editions to be honest but if i was were to choose between then this looks so much better than the Reventon or Veneno.

As for the rear wheel steering, it was first introduced by the VW group on their new Audi Q7. The system itself is not new, buses use the same system.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Quote Originally Posted by Klauss View Post
    I'm not a fan of these special editions to be honest but if i was were to choose between then this looks so much better than the Reventon or Veneno.

As for the rear wheel steering, it was first introduced by the VW group on their new Audi Q7. The system itself is not new, buses use the same system.
    Agreed!

The GT3 RS has it too...just was wondering when other Lambos may see it

At this point, I think I rather have a nice house on a hill with a Huracan in the garage.

Are any of these owners going to take these cars out to drive or they just gonna let it sit in their garage.