Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is so special about a 2016?

What is so special about a 2016?
    The ad reads
    Be the FIRST to own the first pre-owned 2016 Huracan in the Country!
    What is so special about a 2016?-huracan-jpg

Yes, I saw that ad, too - it's using a bit of "artistic dealer license", haha.

The 2016s had a few updates, all right, but nothing to justify that asking price!! - interior trims were upgraded (vent pods matte, door handles in leather, sides of the central console in leather, etc), availability of Sensonum sound system, cupholder availability. The biggest change that isn't even visible, is that they changed the clutch and also the transmission settings, to reduce understeer, and improve clutch life.

I bought a very late 2015, and have many of the interior upgrades - my vent pods are matte grey rather than the gloss silver, and I have a cupholder. I wonder if my car received the drivetrain updates, too? That would be excellent!

That used price is ridiculous!!!!! $328,888 is basically full retail, and also, asking you to repay for the cost of freight/PDI, environmental, tire tax, etc., etc, all over again. At the end of the day, the car has already been registered, and the warranty clock is ticking. Asking $328k is ludicrous.

Anima sana in corpore sano

At this point 19 Huracan's available for sale in Canada all around 300, with the bulk over 6 weeks on inventory. I guess no one wants to sell!

Quote Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
    Yes, I saw that ad, too - it's using a bit of "artistic dealer license", haha.

The 2016s had a few updates, all right, but nothing to justify that asking price!! - interior trims were upgraded (vent pods matte, door handles in leather, sides of the central console in leather, etc), availability of Sensonum sound system, cupholder availability. The biggest change that isn't even visible, is that they changed the clutch and also the transmission settings, to reduce understeer, and improve clutch life.

I bought a very late 2015, and have many of the interior upgrades - my vent pods are matte grey rather than the gloss silver, and I have a cupholder. I wonder if my car received the drivetrain updates, too? That would be excellent!

That used price is ridiculous!!!!! $328,888 is basically full retail, and also, asking you to repay for the cost of freight/PDI, environmental, tire tax, etc., etc, all over again. At the end of the day, the car has already been registered, and the warranty clock is ticking. Asking $328k is ludicrous.
    I was looking at some late 2015's Huracans. Vin#'s 3400 and greater. I was curious if there was a way to find out at what VIN # they started to install the updates on the 2015. The cylinder de-activation and the drivetrain-updates are what I am most concerned with just like you. What VIN# is your car? It will show 16 MPG for the 2015 Huracan and 17 MPG for the 2016 on the dealer sheet but it would be interesting to know if some 2015 showing 15 MPG actually have the de-activation like the 2016 and it just is not saying it. Much like how some late 2015 got the interior updates/cup holder etc. Am I making sense? I know by VIN# 3750 the cars were showing 17 MPG on the dealer sheet which means they for sure had the cylinder de-activation. They were also showing 2016 MY by then.

So between VIN# 3450 and VIN# 3750 is when they switched the MY and whatever else. Anyway of finding out exactly when or what VIN# they switched?

Quote Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
    I was looking at some late 2015's Huracans. Vin#'s 3400 and greater. I was curious if there was a way to find out at what VIN # they started to install the updates on the 2015. The cylinder de-activation and the drivetrain-updates are what I am most concerned with just like you. What VIN# is your car? It will show 16 MPG for the 2015 Huracan and 17 MPG for the 2016 on the dealer sheet but it would be interested to know if some 2015 showing 15 MPG actually have the de-activation like the 2016 and it just is not saying it. Much like how some late 2015 got the interior updates/cup holder etc. Am I making sense? I know by VIN# 3750 the cars were showing 17 MPG on the dealer sheet which means they for sure had the cylinder de-activation. They were also showing 2016 MY by then.

So between VIN# 3450 and VIN# 3750 is when they switched the MY and whatever else. Anyway of finding out exactly when or what VIN# they switched?
    Wow, great thinking! I will check my VIN when I get home and post it up. I don't have cylinder deactivation, though, so I am thinking I am missing out on the drivetrain updates

thanks!

what specifically did they change in the drivetrain?
    2018 Huracan Performante arancio borealis, HRE P101
    2018 991.2 GT3 Sapphire blue metallic IPE Titanium Exhaust, HRE R101LW
    2015 Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe - HRE P204
    2016 Mercedes S550 Coupe - Matte white

@ironpeddler

Further to your great idea of checking VINs, mine is ZHWCC1ZF0FLA03547. I don't have the cylinder deactivation, so I fear that my car also is lacking the 2016 drivetrain updates
    It would be very interesting to know at what stage Lamborghini implemented the changes, though!

@Sattman - here is a copy and paste from the dealer brochure on the MY2016 updates:
    Dear Dealer Partners,
    Following the introduction of the new options program and taking into account the changing requirements of the markets, we are pleased to communicate new information about the Huracán’s product offer structure for 2016.
    The following pages will provide information about the new features: 1. Model Year 2016 for Huracán
    2. Sensonum® Sound System
    3. Cruise control
    4. Ad Personam® exterior colors availability 5. Ad Personam® interiors availability
    6. Travel package
    7. LED engine compartment lighting
    8. Sport exhaust system ordering update
    1. Model Year 2016 for Huracan
    Beginning in calendar week 38 (mid‐September), the Huracán will enter Model Year 2016, as already communicated in the past months. The systems are already open and price letters have been sent to the markets.
    Following the positioning of the Huracán, its state of the art technology, and the requests from both customers and dealers, MY 2016 will be the starting point for a fine‐tuning of the Huracán model range, with the introduction of the following features:
    1. CDS – Cylinder Deactivation Systemthis is the first time a V10 naturally aspirated engine is equipped with this function. CDS takes the direction of efficiency a step further for super sports cars. At low and medium loads, this high‐tech system temporarily deactivates five of the ten cylinders by switching off a cylinder bank within the engine. As soon as the driver accelerates, it switches back instantaneously into ten‐ cylinder mode. This system improves the efficiency of the Huracán and is virtually unnoticeable to the driver while maintaining the Huracán’s sporty engine behavior .
    2. A more neutral drivability  because press feedback noted that under defined circumstances, the behavior of the Huracán was to understeer (or remain safety‐oriented). Lamborghini managed to fine‐tune the setup of the electronically‐controlled 4WD system. Starting in MY 2016, Huracán is adopting a new organic clutch, which can deliver improved strength, thermal expansion and heat absorption, modification of friction and wear parameters as well as improved processing. A review of the 4WD system intervention has resulted in a more neutral behavior, particularly in STRADA mode.
    3. New components upholstered in leather and air vents in matte blackTo respond to customer critiques about the appearance of some interior components (which in some cases were leading to a perception of low‐quality), the following measures were defined and are now included in the standard equipment of the Huracán LP 610‐4 (shown in the image below):
    a. b.
    c.
    Air vents in matte black paintthe air vents, in combination with the SPORTIVO interiors, were criticized as too “cheap” in their original flex metallic appearance ‐ resulting in a change to matte black soft paint (and ELEGANTE interior).
    Internal door handlesthe look and feel of this component was criticized by Huracán’s early adopters and it was decided to upgrade the handles with an upholstery in smooth leather ‐ which has significantly improved the perceived quality of the interior.
    Center console upper‐sides  this component was also judged as being too “cheap” and is now upholstered in leather for a more luxurious appearance.
    4. Heated nozzles for windscreen cleanerthis is now included in the standard features of the Huracán and is activated whenever the external temperature risks freezing the cleaning liquid. This small change improves visibility and safety in cold‐weather conditions.
    5. Coming Home – Leaving Home functionDaytime running lights are included in the standard configuration of the car. A new and more convenient setup, the LED front «double Ys» daytime running lights are automatically switched on when the doors are opened through remote control. When getting out of the car, the lights remain on for 30 seconds after the doors have closed, making it easier and safer when exiting the car in darkness. This function is not available in Japan, Taiwan or Brazil.
    6. Car and owner’s manual coversas requested both by customers and dealers, these two components now come standard in MY 2016 Huracán. These are the same high‐quality materials which were previously only available through After Sales. The now standard car cover will include stitching in white.

@TTbear,

That is even a later 2015 VIN# than what I was looking at. So that means somewhere between VIN#'s 3547 and VIN#3750 is where the MY switch was done. Bummer that you don't think you have the drivetrain updates. I would consider that more important than the cylinder de-activation IMHO, which also means that I will probably not be able to find a late 2015 with the updates. But on a side not I heard that the updates for the dynamic steering really only have an effect when you are tracking the car which I doubt I would ever do. I wonder if there are any late 2015 that received the drivetrain updates...

Another question it says that the 2016 got the LED engine compartment lighting, I have yet to see a 2015/2016 Huracan with this option actually on it does yours have it?

Do not worry about the 16 Updates,most are just little tweaks.Your 15 Huracan is one of the most Bad Ass cars one can buy,just like it is.I mean,who wants Cylinder deactivation on a Lamborghini any way..You will not see this on the Higher Performance Lambos... I NEVER drive my H in Strada either,so I do not care about the nicer driving stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
    @TTbear,

That is even a later 2015 VIN# than what I was looking at. So that means somewhere between VIN#'s 3547 and VIN#3750 is where the MY switch was done. Bummer that you don't think you have the drivetrain updates. I would consider that more important than the cylinder de-activation IMHO, which also means that I will probably not be able to find a late 2015 with the updates. But on a side not I heard that the updates for the dynamic steering really only have an effect when you are tracking the car which I doubt I would ever do. I wonder if there are any late 2015 that received the drivetrain updates...

Another question it says that the 2016 got the LED engine compartment lighting, I have yet to see a 2015/2016 Huracan with this option actually on it does yours have it?
    I definitely don't have cylinder deactivation - which for which I am kind of thankful, actually. I would like to know if I have the drivetrain updates, though!
    I don't have the LED engine compartment lighting, but might add it - it's very easy to do - just tap into power (rear lights) so when the lights are turned on, the LEDs in the engine bay come on. It's not hard to do.

Good luck in your search! If you find out anything about the drivetrain updates, please let us all know - thanks!