Huracan LP 580-2 coming soon...

Huracan LP 580-2 coming soon...
    Hi everyone, I stumbled upon this site and thought I should register immediately!

Anyways... I just purchased a new LP 580-2 which I will take delivery hopefully sometime next week.
    I'm coming from 2007 Gallardo which I'm trading in, so I'm familiar with the Brand.
    Although I loved the Gallardo and the four wheel drive, I am excited to get the opportunity to own the Huracan as a rear wheel drive car.

Wanted to get some perspective from current Huracan owner's regarding the 3m film paint protection.
    I've opted for the front bumper, hood and mirrors to get done. Are there other problem areas that I should consider getting protected? Should I just do the whole car?

I posted a couple of pics from the dealer, and look forward to participating on the site!

Huracan LP 580-2 coming soon...-img_4660-jpg
    Huracan LP 580-2 coming soon...-img_4661-jpg

Welcome home! Your LP580 looks stuning! Somehow the LP580 looks best in red, to me anyways. Whats the interior spec?

Back to your question almost all members went with the full body wrap.

Congrats once again and share more pics when you get the chanceHuracan LP 580-2 coming soon...

Here's a list of the interior options and I attached a picture of the interior
    Cheers!

OUJ - Interior "Sportivo" Unicolor w/ Alcantara
    YCS - Coloured Stitching for Unicolor Interiors
    NR1 - Branding Package
    OTN - Floor Mats w/ Leather Piping and Double Stitching

Huracan LP 580-2 coming soon...-img_4666-jpg

I have 3M on my G Spyder and do not like it at all. Frankly I don't think it's "tough" enough.

My H Spyder will have Xpel, probably their strongest product.

Paint Protection Film - XPEL Technologies Corp.
    Instagram: ur55__
    YouTube: UR 55

2017 Huracán Spyder 610-4 / UR 55
    2016 Cayenne Turbo S
    2013 Gallardo Spyder LP 550-2
    2005 GMC Pickup (grin)

Doesn't that video show that the 3m product is better?

XPel Ultimate is excellent - it is self healing (as many of the protective films are, now), and offers fantastic protection against chips. It's what I have used for my last two cars, and it has been really, really good. Nothing will protect you against larger rocks, unfortunately.

If I were you, I would definitely have the rocker panels covered, and for sure, the high impact areas just ahead of, and behind the rear wheels - those rear quarter panels are very flared, and will take many hits from rocks that have been kicked up from the front tires. You might want to do the A-pillars as well. I also get the door handles covered, and the trailing edge of the doors, for those times you or (more likely) your passenger swings that looooong door open!

A lot of owners are having their entire cars covered - I can see why - if you are particular about the appearance of your car (and most owners are), getting only part of the car covered will affect the overall appearance of the car, as the finish will appear somewhat different.

I am extremely particular about the finish on our cars, and don't get the full car covered. You can polish protective film, but not to the extent that you can paint. I like getting the paint looking amazing, and after a couple of seasons, it's hard to do this with protective film.

Good luck, and congratulations on the new purchase!! It looks like it will be an amazing drive!!!