Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallardo vs Huracan

Gallardo vs Huracan
    Anyone who driven both cars, can you tell the difference in performance? I drove a Huracan coupe 2 months ago, and now I tried like a 2014 Gallardo LP convertible.

I enjoyed the Huracan a lot more and it feels like a faster launching car. I'm not sure if it had to do with the car being more powerful or that the Huracan was a hard top and the Gallardo was a convertible. Because I hear convertible add unnecessary weight to the car if speed is your main concern. But is it enough for an average person to notice?

Also I feel the Gallardo is harder to handle, the Huracan is much easier and I feel safer pushing a Huracan on public streets than a Gallardo. But whatever it is, I just liked the Huracan a lot more. The Gallardo still felt fast, but not that kind crazy fast the Huracan did.

Because I always considered what if I get a cheap used Gallardo for $90k just to have a cheap Lambo. But now I feel I wouldn't be into that idea after trying the Gallardo on the street, and it was a 2014 so it wasn't super old, still one of the newer Gallardos before the Huracan took over. I'm just glad there is an affordable way for me to drive a Lamborghini in my 20s and not have to worry about the ownership of one.

The guy told me leasing would be the best option because he says the cars depreciate like crazy. He told something like if you try taking it to the dealer in a few years, you get only like $50k for it. But for now I am content just renting $100 for 20 minutes. Seems much cheaper than owning one and so far I've probably only spend $500 on these exotic cars just doing 3 laps or 20 minutes in the city deal.

The guy told me the company may offer to let me drive the Huracan for a day. I would totally be down to do that if the price is right. Since these cars are weekend cars and most owners try not putting miles on it, I don't really see the point of owning one when I can just take someone elses and screw around with it, not worry if I hit a pothole.

Wayyy better owning one...Have fun doing rides ,you are young ,make your $$$$ and then buy your own brand new Lambo or whatever you want...In may 20s I had a Mustang GT,never imagined in late 40s could buy anything I want new...Now get to work and save your $$$$...

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    Wayyy better owning one...Have fun doing rides ,you are young ,make your $$$$ and then buy your own brand new Lambo or whatever you want...In may 20s I had a Mustang GT,never imagined in late 40s could buy anything I want new...Now get to work and save your $$$$...
    Ya I'll try.

Are you sure it was worth departing from $200-300k for a car? You don't feel any buyers remorse? How do you justify that because fantasizing about buying one and actually owning one are completely different.

Guy says every mile you drive the car loses thousands of dollars. And the only way to keep its value is if you never drive it and keep it under 100 miles, but I think it's crazy to spend a couple hundred grand to have something sitting in your garage that's not going to go up in value. He said leasing would be the best so you don't have to take a hit in the depreciation.

Not only am I not remorseful,I am very Happy I bought the new Huracan (best car I have owned)and will buy more new Lambos .Make $$$$ Working or Investments and then spend it as you wish.When one is in the grave yard you can not buy anything any more...

When you have the $$$$ in the bank in the future and you get older,you will look at the situation different...

Huracan was way better to me as well. In my 20's I was driving NSX's, Porsche's, Vipers and M cars. Save the Lambos and Ferrari's for a bit later - at least 30's so you have something to look forward to. It will also help your $ compound by not spending to much on cars too soon!
    15' Huracan, Brixton Forged, Fabspeed exhaust, Novitec springs
    68' Charger w/Big Block Stroker
    17' Land Cruiser - lifted & wrapped
    04' 911 Turbo X50 Cab16' BMW R9T

I toyed with the idea of leasing the G Spyder and am very glad that I didn't. I didn't want my driving time to be restricted because of mileage. Sure, many buy the car and park it in the garage, not wanting to put miles on it because they're thinking depreciation and what they will get for it when they go to sell it. The heck with that! These cars are meant to be driven and aren't your Lamborghini of old. Add the fact that there were over 14k G's built, it doesn't matter if your car has 1000 or 100,000 miles, the value of the car will not hold. My mindset is if I am too concerned about putting mileage on the car, I should not spend the money to buy it.

I bought my G Spyder brand new, delivered in Sept 2013 and as of now, have around 14,200 miles on it. Not a daily driver at all but if it's a nice weekend or evening and I have the time, I take it out for a drive. I didn't spend the money on the car to park it, I spent the money to enjoy it and for me, driving the car is pure enjoyment. It's a Spyder so rarely do I drive with the top up, rarely.

On to the H. This past October I was invited to attend a Lamborghini Esperienza at Texas Motor Speedway and you can bet I took them up on it. This was my very first time behind the wheel of the H and even the Aventador. It was a brisk rainy day but that didn't stop the event from going on. As the lead driver of the program stated during our morning meeting, these cars were meant to be driven in such conditions. It was an absolute blast and the difference between the G and the H was night and day as far as I was concerned. Sure, mine is a 550-2 and the H is four wheel drive but regardless, the driving of the car was a different experience. The Aventador? A great car but not a fun car like the G or H, meaning a car you can take out every day and just have a lot of fun in.

My H Spyder will of course be four wheel drive so I am giving up the fun of the 550-2 but am sure I will make up for it by cornering a lot harder and faster.

The G is a great car, the H adds tons of compliments!

Gallardo vs Huracan-12038140_10208033789905995_7227028968074265987_n-jpg Gallardo vs Huracan-12065690_10208033789745991_3608135221068158276_n-jpg

The question is, what is driving a Lambo worth, to you? If it truly is out of reach financially, then the question is answered for you. If, on the other hand, it is viable, then why not? There are no medals for being the richest man in the graveyard.
    The sheer satisfaction of getting in, glancing around the cabin, firing up that engine, going through your warm-up procedures, and then going on a drive - whether aggressively or otherwise, is pure, unadulterated gold for me, so even though I have had to make sacrifices in order to do so, then yes, buying is the way to go for me. Yes, the car will depreciate. But, for me, it is a representation of achievement for myself - a goal I set for myself when I was ten years old and pronounced the marque's name as "Lamborgnee", haha. And every time I get in and go for a drive, it is a thrill - it's not about ego masturbation. It's for me, and nobody else. The thrill is there - the enjoyment of the sound, the g forces, gazing at the lines of the car. You can't get that out of a car, truly, that you rent, in my opinion because then you don't truly own the moment. You can hire a prostitute for a night, or you can bide your time, be selective, and end up with your own Sophia Loren, that is yours, and yours alone.

Just my opinion. I made sure I didn't rent an exotic or even drive one until I knew it would be mine, and now that I can, every moment spent with my car is one to be treasured.

And the idea that you will lose thousands with every mile you drive is ludicrous. I put on over 25,000 miles on my car over four years, and sold it for CDN$40,000 less than I paid. I would say that on a percentage basis, I lost less on my Gallardo than I did on any M3 that I previously owned. $10,000 a year is not much, for the ability to hop in and go for a session, any time I wanted, for four years! Granted, I looked after the car meticulously, but in return, it looked after me, in so many ways.

Gosh, why would anybody worry about depreciation.
    We all depreciate since we were born, don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Gosh, why would anybody worry about depreciation.
    We all depreciate since we were born, don't we?
    Not necessarily...consider an artist

Re: OP .... This is like comparing a GTR to the Huracan , the H destroys the G. I've owned G's since 2008 (SL and 560), tons of miles...and hands down the H out performs and is more fun to drive. There has not been a single instance I wished to have a G back. Just my opinion...albeit strong.

I personally do not like the idea of leasing and do not agree it saves you more money in the long run, but in the case of CA where you do not get tax credits on trades, leasing is much more appealing. It lets you get in and out of these cars without taking the tax hit of an actual purchase.

It sounds like you may be struggling a bit on the financials...I'll just say don't spend all your capital on the car now...that capital can go a long way in your near future which could put you in a Pagani in your 30s. Also don't get your self living check to check.

FC CORP,TTBear and Ferruccio ,you three are spot on in thoughts....