Thread: 2017 Ford GT

2017 Ford GT

2017 Ford GT
    Has anyone heard anything on the new GT. The application came out this month to order one, curious if anyone here is getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

It will be a nightmare to get your hands on one, unless you are in tight with Ford, especially as they are only slated to produce 250 of them per annum:

2017 Ford GT Ordering Process Details – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

What a beautiful car, though. I hope the V6 turns out great - that is one caveat I might have to the car. Its looks are just phenomenal!

Quote Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
    It will be a nightmare to get your hands on one, unless you are in tight with Ford, especially as they are only slated to produce 250 of them per annum:

2017 Ford GT Ordering Process Details – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

What a beautiful car, though. I hope the V6 turns out great - that is one caveat I might have to the car. Its looks are just phenomenal!
    The whole V6 argument doesn't bother me. As long as the motor performs and has a good sound (maybe with a little FabSpeed help) I'm perfectly fine with it. Remember many of the great European classics were a 6 cylinder so if it worked in the 50s/60s when you could still get away with a V16 why can't it work now. That's my point of view on it.

1954 Corvette

The engine being a V6 is not really an issue if its well balanced and rafined.
    Visual the front is spot on, a evolution of the previous model but i'm not feeling the back at all...
    As a personal opinion the previous model kept the GT40 DNA much better than this current model.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    The engine being a V6 is not really an issue if its well balanced and rafined.
    Visual the front is spot on, a evolution of the previous model but i'm not feeling the back at all...
    As a personal opinion the previous model kept the GT40 DNA much better than this current model.
    I agree but the rear quarter is my favorite part. It's just so futuristic. While the 05/06 GT is basically a longer,taller GT40. I think the 17' is what the new GT should be. You can't keep making the same thing while calling it an evolution. If they put active aero in those "aero bridges" that would be absolutely insane. Imagine some fins moving up and down in those big ducts.

1954 Corvette