Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Strada vs Sport vs Corsa
    Thanks for the reply, TTBear.

Just so I understand, after launching the car in 'thrust mode', one CAN manually shift, correct?

Strada vs Sport vs Corsa

Deleted

2015 huracan
    2013 g63
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------
    2015 Huracan LP610-4 with OEM race exhaust
    2014 Novitec Quattroporte GTS
    2015 991 TTS Cab TechArt + Cobb Stage 2(gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Kisco View Post
    Thanks for the reply, TTBear.

Just so I understand, after launching the car in 'thrust mode', one CAN manually shift, correct?
    Sure you can always override the A with touching the paddles but it stays in Automatic and shifts by itselfs the next time I'd likes to.
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

This thread has been useful as only cars I have driven were manuals so trying to learn some things before picking car up. I have a question, I was reading that in sport mode car upshits by itself, does that mean you can't do it yourself? At what RPM would it upshift? Trying to figure this out as sport mode seems to be most popular here but I'm not ready to give up my control of shifting.

Quote Originally Posted by scott23 View Post
    This thread has been useful as only cars I have driven were manuals so trying to learn some things before picking car up. I have a question, I was reading that in sport mode car upshits by itself, does that mean you can't do it yourself? At what RPM would it upshift? Trying to figure this out as sport mode seems to be most popular here but I'm not ready to give up my control of shifting.
    In Sport mode (or Strada mode, I believe?), you can choose manual or automatic mode (by toggling the "M" button on the centre console). In automatic mode, of course, the car will do ALL of the shifting by itself - if you are only on part-throttle, it will shift up earlier, and if you are at full throttle, it will shift up at redline (it basically acts as an automatic transmission would). If you are in manual mode, it will shift up, but only if you reach redline.

In Corsa mode, the car won't shift up by itself at all, so if you reach redline, you will bounce off of the limiter until you initiate an upshift.

Anima sana in corpore sano

Thanks for that, looks like Sport is just Sport. I was worried after I read the following as it says in Sports Mode it upshifts for you. Like I said this is is my first car with this type of transmission so trying to learn

"In strada, the steering lightens, the gearbox upshifts auto*matically for fuel economy, the optional magnetorheological shocks go to their softest setting, stability control intervenes early, and the exhaust flaps stay closed until 4200 rpm. Moving to sport or corsa en*livens the car by changing steering effort and response, opening the muffler valves to let the engine sing louder, stiffening the shocks, and holding gears longer. In sport, the trans upshifts automatically, while in corsa, shifting is your responsibility."

While in Auto mode you can always shift yourself by flipping a paddle, regardless of the ANIMA. YOu can see this as the gear is shown in the display abnd A goes away. It comes back about 30 second later if you don't flip a paddle again. I use this for overtaking on the highway in Strada (when using the cruise control ... but yours haven't), just flip down a few gears take over and change back the lane. It then goes back to Auto and switches up to the high gear for cruising.

Stop worrying and drive that thing. You can only learn when you sit in the car and understand what we mean when we say this or that. I know people who are happy driving in Strada and Auto mode. Even I am when cruising on the highway. Driving around in Sport is best for me but not in Auto mode. The rpms are just too high when driving in the city or where speeds are more limited. I then go to M and choose the sound myself So it's not the same for eveyone and you have to find the best for yourself. I wish I could program the ANIMA so switching to Sport will automatically set to manual. Or it should remember in what mode it was when switching off the ignition.
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Thanks! One of the reasons I want to drive in Sport is so that exhaust valves will always be open. Is there a way to have valves open in strada all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by scott23 View Post
    Thanks! One of the reasons I want to drive in Sport is so that exhaust valves will always be open. Is there a way to have valves open in strada all the time?
    Unfortunately, no

Anima sana in corpore sano

Actually Yes,if you disconnect the vacuum tube on each muffler ,put a small screw in the tube ,they will stay open all the time....But will be loud all the time....