Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Purchasing a Huracan

Purchasing a Huracan
    Hi Guys/Gals,
    I've been a fan of Lambos since I was kid. I owned a few BMW and thinking about jumping on a Huracan. I will be buying used. Just wanted to know anything that I need to look for. Any issues that you guys have encounter? This will be my first exotic. I currently own an M3. Which I will be trading. I know that it is a huge jump from an M3 to the Huracan. But I am in a part of my life where I can enjoy one. I worked hard to be able to get one. Any opinion is welcome.

Thank you all.

Eric

Its a great car and but it has quirks...like the turnsignal, I wish they had a soft touch lane change system. THe phone entertainment interface sucks compared with my Porsches. But these are all little things and frankly you need to focus on the car sound and so you wont use the phone or stereo much. As a long time Porsche guy however, the thing I have to get used to is the attention. While I knew it would get more looks then my Porsches, I am struggling getting used to the fact that everytime I come out of the store, I have to talk to people standing around wanting to shake your hand and talk to you. You'll spend 15 minutes getting back in your car. I even had people follow me into the store because they wanted to wait and see me start the damn thing. I am always relieved to drive away. Another thing is people are always hanging out in your blindspot on the freeway. Bottom line is be ready for attention. All worth it though.

Quote Originally Posted by elm3 View Post
    Hi Guys/Gals,
    I've been a fan of Lambos since I was kid. I owned a few BMW and thinking about jumping on a Huracan. I will be buying used. Just wanted to know anything that I need to look for. Any issues that you guys have encounter? This will be my first exotic. I currently own an M3. Which I will be trading. I know that it is a huge jump from an M3 to the Huracan. But I am in a part of my life where I can enjoy one. I worked hard to be able to get one. Any opinion is welcome.

Thank you all.

Eric
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan (5000 mi) DD Sun
    2009 Porsche 911 C4S PDK (26,000 mi) DD Rain
    2007 Porsche GT3 (37,000 mi) Parting out
    2000 Porsche 911 C2 Aero (54,000 mi) Track Car "Bumblebee"
    1995 Porsche 911 Carrera Aero(51,000 mi) Show Car
    1987 Porsche Targa - (90,500) preservation
    1986.5 Porsche 928 - (122,000) preservation
    1967 Porsche 912 - (93,000 mi) project
    2003 Mercedes E320 Sport (69,000 mi) Airport Car
    2010 Mercedes R350 Bluetec (34,000 mi) wife's

elm3 - I am quite familiar with where you are coming from. I went from a string of BMW M3s (my most recent, an e92 M3 that I still miss to this day) to a Gallardo LP560-4, which I absolutely loved, and now, to a Huracan, which currently sits in our garage with less than 50 miles on it, while I semi-patiently wait for spring to arrive.

The Huracan is a very solid car - there are no mechanical defects that I am aware of, and yet there are a few quirks that will take some getting used to (such as lowpue's comment on the turn signals. It really did benefit massively from parent company Audi's input, and enjoys remarkable reliability. From this end, don't worry. What you will need to get used to, is the constant barrage of attention, making trivial tasks such as refilling your tank into 20 or 30 minute adventures in public relations, as people approach you, asking about the car, what it costs, how fast it is, what you do for a living, etc., etc. I am still not used to this, and like lowpue, I am relieved when I get back in to drive away. There also comes with the purchase of an exotic, a certain degree of anxiety if you are at all anal about people touching it, resulting in marring, scratching, etc. While I am somewhat better now, I am always acutely aware of what might be happening to the car when I can't see it - like when we are in a restaurant, for example. I have come back to the car, with people sitting on the hood for pictures, or to see evidence of people having leaned on it, introducing marring and scratches to the paint.
    There are a few other minor adjustments you will have to make - lack of steering wheel controls for audio volume/inputs, lack of cruise control (unless you buy a used 2016), lack of Homelink (if you buy an earlier 2015), no power seat memory, having to dip the rear view mirror manually at night, having to retrieve the key fob to unlock the doors when you approach the car..... many such features are de rigeur on many cars - even much less expensive cars, but they really are minor adaptations, and you will very quickly come to accept these as very small inconveniences, if at all.

The one thing you will absolutely and positively love, is the feeling each and every time you get in and drive. To this day, I exit the car with a massive grin - each, and every time. I enjoy driving it, even cleaning/detailing it.

Jump in - you will love every moment of it. To quote a good friend of mine, who was largely responsible for tipping the balance when I was vacillating between whether or not to purchase an exotic - "there are no medals for being the richest man in the graveyard", to "the only thing that happens if you wait, is that you get older".

Let us know what colour you choose, and of course, pictures are always great!
    Last edited by TTBear; 01-29-2016 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Post cut off by auto save

I have an M3 and a Huracan and I have to say you will probably miss the BMW. In fact I just put the Huracan back in the Garage and chose to drive the BMW because the RWD is more fun, and the ergonomics are 1000x better. Obviously the Huracan is a cool car, but it definitely has its flaws especially if being used as a daily driver. I would drive one a few times before I bought. Great weekend car but not a great daily in my opinion.

People are always in my blindspot to Lowpue funny you mention that.

Double post, after editing.

Site will not let me edit a post with Huracan, spelled with the correct accent over the second "a" in Huracan!

Quote Originally Posted by TTBear View Post

The one thing you will absolutely and positively love, is the feeling each and every time you get in and drive. To this day, I exit the car with a massive grin - each, and every time. I enjoy driving it, even cleaning/detailing it.
    You've nailed it.
    Got same exact feelings after exiting it.

Quote Originally Posted by WLW@RSC View Post
    I have an M3 and a Huracan and I have to say you will probably miss the BMW. In fact I just put the Huracan back in the Garage and chose to drive the BMW because the RWD is more fun, and the ergonomics are 1000x better. Obviously the Huracan is a cool car, but it definitely has its flaws especially if being used as a daily driver. I would drive one a few times before I bought. Great weekend car but not a great daily in my opinion.

People are always in my blindspot to Lowpue funny you mention that.
    Disagree in some aspects. The worst part of dailying a Huracan is the attention and worrying about where to park it. Outside that is fully capable. Granted a german staple like the M3 will be a better equipped daily, storage etc, but I highly doubt you would miss it. I also disagree that RWD is more fun, but that's just my opinion. My RWD's sit in the garage, and my Huracan spends more time on the road during the week, than weekend...there are more days Again all just IMO.

I agree that you should drive one and I also agree the blindspots blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    You've nailed it.
    Got same exact feelings after exiting it.
    Ditto...."The one thing you will absolutely and positively love, is the feeling each and every time you get in and drive. To this day, I exit the car with a massive grin - each, and every time. I enjoy driving it, even cleaning/detailing it."

This is so True...I go for spins with my 14 year old son and everytime I downshift shift the sound of the engine is nothing like anything I have ever experienced. We giggle like babies everytime. We can never get enough. My 2015 GT3 was probably one of the best sports cars I ever owned and its sound at 9000 rpm was spectacular...it was a great experience. But the visceral sound of the V10 makes me forget all of the perfection of the GT3. I must admit, the Huracan is definitely not as precise but I never lose traction on acceleration like at did with the GT3. Also, I agree it can be used as a Daily driver...I use it for Sunny days and use it to go to work but I wont park it in malls or take it to airport but I have other cars for that. So bottom line....enjoy life and take the plunge.

Remember....this car will be your hot Italian mistress and she will piss you off, be high maintenance and cost you a lot but man you will experience euphoria like never before. That is what life is all about !

BTW...I failed to mention....I have both a Porsche C4S and C2 and I have had both on the track. RWD is so much better so if you do plan on tracking that is a consideration. I have no plans to track the Huracan and thus my bias towards an AWD Huracan.

Quote Originally Posted by lowpue View Post
    Ditto...."The one thing you will absolutely and positively love, is the feeling each and every time you get in and drive. To this day, I exit the car with a massive grin - each, and every time. I enjoy driving it, even cleaning/detailing it."

This is so True...I go for spins with my 14 year old son and everytime I downshift shift the sound of the engine is nothing like anything I have ever experienced. We giggle like babies everytime. We can never get enough. My 2015 GT3 was probably one of the best sports cars I ever owned and its sound at 9000 rpm was spectacular...it was a great experience. But the visceral sound of the V10 makes me forget all of the perfection of the GT3. I must admit, the Huracan is definitely not as precise but I never lose traction on acceleration like at did with the GT3. Also, I agree it can be used as a Daily driver...I use it for Sunny days and use it to go to work but I wont park it in malls or take it to airport but I have other cars for that. So bottom line....enjoy life and take the plunge.

Remember....this car will be your hot Italian mistress and she will piss you off, be high maintenance and cost you a lot but man you will experience euphoria like never before. That is what life is all about !
    Lol, excellent post.
    I too have a son (13yo) and we do experience same exact emotions. (You think we were separated at birth? )