Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Purchasing a Huracan
    Hi!

Just my 2 cents.

I have C63 507 as daily and I love the beast.
    The huracan however is another level!
    The sound/ the attention / the sexyness in its pose etc...

That being said with 3k miles on it I would still not use a daily.
    The blind spot is real ... Almost ran into people numerous times shifting lanes.
    Very low, even with the raising mech sometimes you just forget (make sure you get the bottom plastic protection)
    Not great audio/phone but who needs that when you have such a masterpiece of an engine
    Obviously trunk space blows... Hard to get golf clubs or any travel bags.

Anyhow I try to see it more like a treat. If I could afford a hyper car I guess I wouldn't care much. But not I that league yet...

If you love that m3 would say hold on to it and make a call on it after you get used to the lambo!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AMG G63 2016 (DAILY)
    Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 (WEEKEND)
    Range Rover Sport HSE (WIFEY)
    Toyota 4Runner 2016 (WORK)

Mercedes AMG C63 507 Edition - RIP 2016
    Infinity IPL G37 - RIP 2014
    Toyota Camry SE - RIP 2013
    Toyota Tacoma TRD - RIP 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Lol, excellent post.
    I too have a son (13yo) and we do experience same exact emotions. (You think we were separated at birth? )
    LOL...there is nothing like the shared experience with your son...we went for a drive today. We speak very little, have the radio off, enjoy the sounds, and giggle some more. Love it. Depending what part of the world you are in, maybe we will see you on a road trip to CA we are planning on at some point.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan (5000 mi) DD Sun
    2009 Porsche 911 C4S PDK (26,000 mi) DD Rain
    2007 Porsche GT3 (37,000 mi) Parting out
    2000 Porsche 911 C2 Aero (54,000 mi) Track Car "Bumblebee"
    1995 Porsche 911 Carrera Aero(51,000 mi) Show Car
    1987 Porsche Targa - (90,500) preservation
    1986.5 Porsche 928 - (122,000) preservation
    1967 Porsche 912 - (93,000 mi) project
    2003 Mercedes E320 Sport (69,000 mi) Airport Car
    2010 Mercedes R350 Bluetec (34,000 mi) wife's

Agree on your final point. You should have an alternate car. M3 would be perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by KAZUYA View Post
    Hi!

Just my 2 cents.

I have C63 507 as daily and I love the beast.
    The huracan however is another level!
    The sound/ the attention / the sexyness in its pose etc...

That being said with 3k miles on it I would still not use a daily.
    The blind spot is real ... Almost ran into people numerous times shifting lanes.
    Very low, even with the raising mech sometimes you just forget (make sure you get the bottom plastic protection)
    Not great audio/phone but who needs that when you have such a masterpiece of an engine
    Obviously trunk space blows... Hard to get golf clubs or any travel bags.

Anyhow I try to see it more like a treat. If I could afford a hyper car I guess I wouldn't care much. But not I that league yet...

If you love that m3 would say hold on to it and make a call on it after you get used to the lambo!
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan (5000 mi) DD Sun
    2009 Porsche 911 C4S PDK (26,000 mi) DD Rain
    2007 Porsche GT3 (37,000 mi) Parting out
    2000 Porsche 911 C2 Aero (54,000 mi) Track Car "Bumblebee"
    1995 Porsche 911 Carrera Aero(51,000 mi) Show Car
    1987 Porsche Targa - (90,500) preservation
    1986.5 Porsche 928 - (122,000) preservation
    1967 Porsche 912 - (93,000 mi) project
    2003 Mercedes E320 Sport (69,000 mi) Airport Car
    2010 Mercedes R350 Bluetec (34,000 mi) wife's

Hope you guys don't mind me bumping/hijacking this thread - just went into the local dealership here today and had a great long chat and test drive. I'm going to be placing down an order for an LP580-2, unfortunately it will take a couple of months to get to me...had a few quick questions before I finalize the order - I'm going with orange exterior, the default 19 inch rims in grey and currently grey calipers (default). Am thinking of switching those calipers to black...wondering people's thoughts on that versus the grey.

My other question is people's thoughts on the magnetic suspension - not having it helps me get closer to what my initial budget was on the car, and I don't feel like it's necessary (we drove in sport the whole time anyway and it felt alright to me), but definitely interesting in hearing what people have to say about that. I'll be driving the car about 2-3 times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by vasc0 View Post
    Hope you guys don't mind me bumping/hijacking this thread - just went into the local dealership here today and had a great long chat and test drive. I'm going to be placing down an order for an LP580-2, unfortunately it will take a couple of months to get to me...had a few quick questions before I finalize the order - I'm going with orange exterior, the default 19 inch rims in grey and currently grey calipers (default). Am thinking of switching those calipers to black...wondering people's thoughts on that versus the grey.

My other question is people's thoughts on the magnetic suspension - not having it helps me get closer to what my initial budget was on the car, and I don't feel like it's necessary (we drove in sport the whole time anyway and it felt alright to me), but definitely interesting in hearing what people have to say about that. I'll be driving the car about 2-3 times a week.
    I feel it would be difficult to glean an answer that will be of any benefit to you, when you are asking about something that is purely subjective - i.e. - colour. If you ask 100 different people, you will get 100 different answers, each with different reasons for their answers. They are all simply opinions, and the one that matters the most, is yours. I personally love the combination of orange and grey. What is YOUR gut feeling? Go with that, after looking up as many pictures as you can for comparison.

Regarding the magnetic suspension - the standard suspension is set to the equivalent of the optional suspension's firmest setting. On the magneto-rheological system, the Strada and Sport settings are actually softer than the standard suspension's setting - so the standard suspension is the same as if you were driving in Corsa, all the time. Nothing wrong with that - I feel that if you didn't have the option in the first place, you'd never miss it. The car won't PERFORM any better with the optional suspension, but it will be more comfortable, due to the softer two settings - Strada, and Sport.

What are your primary goals for the car? Occasional, grin-producer, or track monster? If the former, then the optional suspension might make sense. I personally like to have the option of the softer settings, though I think I won't be using them all that much.

Good luck with your decisions! And as always, please post up pics of your new car!!

Quote Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
    I feel it would be difficult to glean an answer that will be of any benefit to you, when you are asking about something that is purely subjective - i.e. - colour. If you ask 100 different people, you will get 100 different answers, each with different reasons for their answers. They are all simply opinions, and the one that matters the most, is yours. I personally love the combination of orange and grey. What is YOUR gut feeling? Go with that, after looking up as many pictures as you can for comparison.

Regarding the magnetic suspension - the standard suspension is set to the equivalent of the optional suspension's firmest setting. On the magneto-rheological system, the Strada and Sport settings are actually softer than the standard suspension's setting - so the standard suspension is the same as if you were driving in Corsa, all the time. Nothing wrong with that - I feel that if you didn't have the option in the first place, you'd never miss it. The car won't PERFORM any better with the optional suspension, but it will be more comfortable, due to the softer two settings - Strada, and Sport.

What are your primary goals for the car? Occasional, grin-producer, or track monster? If the former, then the optional suspension might make sense. I personally like to have the option of the softer settings, though I think I won't be using them all that much.

Good luck with your decisions! And as always, please post up pics of your new car!!
    Thanks for the advice, makes a lot of sense. I've decided to go with the black after looking it over - seems to make the rims stand out much better rather than the grey on grey. Also seems like the magnetic suspension is a go as well - I'd like to a do a few small road trips (SF > LA/San Diego in particular) and I think the softer ride may be necessary to be able to do that.

Will definitely make sure to do so once I get it! Dealer said a 4-5 month wait though unfortunately. I'm hoping they were just managing my expectations, I'd love to have this car by May...

Thank you for your opinion. I do have a 335i that I will be keeping for DD. I wish I can keep the M3, as it was my first BMW and I worked really hard to get her. But I would like to step up my car buying and the exotic game has been one of my dream to have.

Quote Originally Posted by lowpue View Post
    Ditto...."The one thing you will absolutely and positively love, is the feeling each and every time you get in and drive. To this day, I exit the car with a massive grin - each, and every time. I enjoy driving it, even cleaning/detailing it."

This is so True...I go for spins with my 14 year old son and everytime I downshift shift the sound of the engine is nothing like anything I have ever experienced. We giggle like babies everytime. We can never get enough. My 2015 GT3 was probably one of the best sports cars I ever owned and its sound at 9000 rpm was spectacular...it was a great experience. But the visceral sound of the V10 makes me forget all of the perfection of the GT3. I must admit, the Huracan is definitely not as precise but I never lose traction on acceleration like at did with the GT3. Also, I agree it can be used as a Daily driver...I use it for Sunny days and use it to go to work but I wont park it in malls or take it to airport but I have other cars for that. So bottom line....enjoy life and take the plunge.

Remember....this car will be your hot Italian mistress and she will piss you off, be high maintenance and cost you a lot but man you will experience euphoria like never before. That is what life is all about !
    That is awesome, I really want to get such a Car.

Well I rented a Huracan and currently drive an M3 Lime Rock.

And after I drove the Huracan, the M3 felt inferior. I'm not much of a car guy, I just know which car felt faster and the Huracan def felt faster. It almost feels like you have your own personal roller coaster having a Huracan. And my body felt like I got off a plane after a 2 hour drive.

Ya that speed is gonna be a huge jump. But it's also much inconvenient to drive in packed traffic compared to an M3. Lot of blind spots and you really have to turn your head around to be sure you're clear. Even for me I feel the M3 sucks to drive when in stop n go traffic in LA w/ split second decisions or narrow turns. I'm sure the Lambo will be even worse. But those are the inconveniences you have to deal with to have a super car.

You should rent one before you decide to buy one. At least for a day so you know what your up against. I just feel some Lambos I see on Craigslist people sell them because they realize the cool factor comes at a cost of convenience / comfort.

You better be prepared for major blind spots. Hard to see through the back. Trying to make lane changes is a bitch, there's no back window to look out of like a coupe. But the thing feels like a hot knife through butter when you accelerate. Where the M3 struggles, this Huracan makes it look easy. I just wanted a quick boost of speed on the toll road and I ended topping out 120mph without trying, and realized I was going too fast. M3 I have to try get it to 120mph.

Well, maybe consider a convertible?

Coupe is hard to see out of. It's the worst when it comes to lane changing, I always feel like I have to look an extra 2-3 seconds to be sure since you can't really look behind you. All you see is just back of the car w/ no windows.