Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    STEEL or CERAMICS  Brakes on new LP580/2
    I love the ceramics on my car, but I haven't pushed them hard or anything. I won't track it, so for street driving it's nice not to have the brake dust. A friend of mine with a 580 said that his steel brakes started fading pretty quickly on a spirited back road drive. He said they pretty much completely died on him.

Quote Originally Posted by reacher View Post
    I love the ceramics on my car, but I haven't pushed them hard or anything. I won't track it, so for street driving it's nice not to have the brake dust. A friend of mine with a 580 said that his steel brakes started fading pretty quickly on a spirited back road drive. He said they pretty much completely died on him.
    I would be very surprised by this, but it's possible, I suppose. Like EVILR said, better pads on steel rotors for the track would be the way to go, I feel. The performance would be there, but when (not if, if one is tracking the car regularly) it comes times to replace brakes, you won't have to re-mortgage your house, haha.
    I love my ceramics, too - the feel is FINALLY there (compared with ceramics on the Gallardo), and the lack of brake dust is fantastic. However, faced with tracking the car and thus eventually having to replace brakes.... yikes.

Anima sana in corpore sano

Quote Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
    I would be very surprised by this, but it's possible, I suppose. Like EVILR said, better pads on steel rotors for the track would be the way to go, I feel. The performance would be there, but when (not if, if one is tracking the car regularly) it comes times to replace brakes, you won't have to re-mortgage your house, haha.
    I love my ceramics, too - the feel is FINALLY there (compared with ceramics on the Gallardo), and the lack of brake dust is fantastic. However, faced with tracking the car and thus eventually having to replace brakes.... yikes.
    Yeah I'm not sure about the Lambos but I've heard it's not a good idea to track Porsches with ceramics, they don't hold up and are extremely expensive to replace. For track use I would be way too paranoid to be running ceramics, but it sounds like the stock steel brakes need some updating if you're going to be pushing your car.

If you want to save some money, go for steel brakes. IMO, supercars should have ceramic brakes.

Personally the $17,500 CCB option for the 580-2 is ridiculous and even more ridiculous when you can get the exact same brakes on various Audi models for half the price.

Ceramics squeak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by workinmanslambo View Post
    Ceramics squeak
    Never heard any squeak on mine ! You learn to brake different with CCBs and not get any squeaks then.
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Quote Originally Posted by robby3 View Post
    Never heard any squeak on mine ! You learn to brake different with CCBs and not get any squeaks then.
    +1.

I've never had any squeaking from my ceramics, whatsoever.

Anima sana in corpore sano

Both the HURACÁN LP 620-2 SUPER TROFEO and HURACÁN GT3 Race Car use 380mm steel discs, they run perfectly on the race track.

HURACÁN LP 620-2 SUPER TROFEO https://squadracorse.lamborghini.com...2-super-trofeo
    HURACÁN GT3 Race Car https://squadracorse.lamborghini.com/cars/huracan-gt3
    2016 Lamborghini LP 580
    2015 Mclaren 570S
    2015 Nissan Nismo GTR
    2014 Rolls Royce Wraith
    2013 Porsche 911 Carrera S
    2011 Ferrari 458
    1996 Porsche 911 GT2 (993)
    1988 Lamborghini 25th Anniversary Countach

Quote Originally Posted by nice_lambo View Post
    I personally would not consider an H without ceramics. Too much brake dust/clean wheels often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    agree for dust alone go ceramic