Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lamborghini Huracan Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
    No, do share!?!?
    Ditto! For engine i like the forged but when it comes to interior i also agree that classic looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctaM3 View Post
    You do know that many of the commercial CF weaves now are machine made, not hand so there is no more "craftsmanship" involved. Progress they say mate.
    you mean the fabric itself is machine made? - that's a fraction of the process. The level of craftsmanship from designing a part either in a virtual environment or clay or FRP then producing prototypes either 3D printed or hand laying and shaping frp then test fitting then revising molds then making more prototypes then manufacturing final molds in composite or machined metal then laying up CF whether wet or dry, clearing and polishing is intense! so i disagree that there is no more craftsmanship involved!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik@RSC View Post
    The level of craftsmanship from designing a part either in a virtual environment or clay or FRP then producing prototypes either 3D printed or hand laying and shaping frp then test fitting then revising molds then making more prototypes then manufacturing final molds in composite or machined metal
    Pretty sure every one of them was just COPIED (ie. formed) from the original Lamborghini part. ZERO design or modeling was done to make that piece. So, I agree NO craftsmanship required.

At least the new carbon composite parts are a step forward, co-created with Boeing. Lighter, stronger, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    Pretty sure every one of them was just COPIED (ie. formed) from the original Lamborghini part. ZERO design or modeling was done to make that piece. So, I agree NO craftsmanship required.

At least the new carbon composite parts are a step forward, co-created with Boeing. Lighter, stronger, etc.
    I agree that forged carbon is definitely a technological advancement - some love the look of it while others not so much. I happen to like it. I for one am eager to see how it will be utilized even more.

now for traditional dry or wet lay up - assuming molds off OEM parts were easy to make (they aren't) how does the "machine made" fabric magically turn into a usable part? 1 man, 2 hands and lots of skill & know how- aka CRAFTSMANSHIP!

I agree with everyone on the board that forged carbon is a technological advancement.

But.... it still looks like a seagull crap, to say it mildly, aka exterior plywood pattern.
    I DO understand the willingness of post buyers to like it.
    After all, you paid for Lambo's mess up with your hard earned currency.

New forged carbon interior package, became available recently, I passed on it.

Cost was $6400 CDN

Tried to upload the PDF but its too large, uploaded to scrib if anyone wants to see it.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/293689966/20151211-113119-1

I croped the important images:

Now that i see how it looks i would definately prefer classic wave carbon fiber over this. Time to go aftermarket i guess.

Well let's see guys. What is a "reasonable" for you guys? The initial cost is molds but you need to also take into account that things like the vents need to be disassembled unless you cheat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cast my vote for the forged as well (why copy all the other auto makers who use "classic" carbon) but to me the real question is Why have the damn plate which forces you to remove it every time you want to check the oil. Maybe I worry too much but with his investment I like to check the oil and it's a pain to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I croped the important images:

Now that i see how it looks i would definately prefer classic wave carbon fiber over this. Time to go aftermarket i guess.

I think this is the marble or granite option...still waiting for carbon and still waiting to see DoctaM3's magic carbon machine