Hybrid View

The reason why Lamborghini is releasing so many derivatives of the Huracan (Spyder, RWD, and SL) so soon is because the car isn't selling well.

Quote Originally Posted by jbn View Post
    The reason why Lamborghini is releasing so many derivatives of the Huracan (Spyder, RWD, and SL) so soon is because the car isn't selling well. I can see why as Lamborghini has fierce competition from Ferrari right now with the 488 GTB/Spider. The 488 GTB will leave the Huracan for dust both in the straights and around the track. Last weekend, I had the opportunity to test drive the 488 GTB and I've got to say, it's phenomenal. The Huracan can't even dream of matching the Ferrari in terms of driving experience. I'd suggest anyone who is considering purchasing a Huracan to take a look at the Ferrari. You'll most likely change your mind...
    no thanks, that car sounds like a vacuum cleaner...
    Plus it's turbo, another big no-no for me.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Quote Originally Posted by jbn View Post
    The reason why Lamborghini is releasing so many derivatives of the Huracan (Spyder, RWD, and SL) so soon is because the car isn't selling well....
    It's probably due to too many cars chasing too few people. A sales problem for sure.
    Lamborghini seems to be playing the same 'special edition' game it did with the Gallardo series.

Last Friday at VW headquarters: "Volkswagen has announced plans to cut back on versions and trim options in order to save €1.9 billion necessary to face the Dieselgate."
    Who knows ... VW/Audi could consider this 'cutback' (at Lamborghini) in light of all their money problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubuntu View Post
    It's probably due to too many cars chasing too few people. A sales problem for sure.
    Lamborghini seems to be playing the same 'special edition' game it did with the Gallardo series.

Last Friday at VW headquarters: "Volkswagen has announced plans to cut back on versions and trim options in order to save €1.9 billion necessary to face the Dieselgate."
    Who knows ... VW/Audi could consider this 'cutback' (at Lamborghini) in light of all their money problems.
    I think Lambo needs to focus more on drivetrain modifications rather than cosmetic in order to boost sales. It's like the Versace Murci. It's an LP640 with some squiggle on the side and a "Special" black and white interior. That car had no drivetrain upgrades. There's a reason why the SV holds value because it's a rare limited run of drivetrain upgrades and purposeful aero done to an already great car. They need to keep the same mindset with the Huracan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette