Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Huracan 0.5 seconds faster than Aventador?

Huracan 0.5 seconds faster than Aventador?
    So I am surprised to hear the Huracan is faster than the Aventador by 0.5 seconds. I thought the Aventador was the better Lamborghini and I assumed being more expensive it had to go faster.

Well if that's true, I see no point to spend more to have an Aventador or rent one. The Aventador looks a little cooler just for maybe the longer body, but now is it just for show? I thought the body of the Aventador was for the performance, but now that it makes it slower, is it just for show? I remember the Huracan was easy to park and manuever around traffic, how does the Aventador compare?

Seems getting the cheaper lambo sounds like a better deal for those who want a faster car. At least I can tell people I drove the faster Lamborghini though and not chose it because it was simply cheap. Maybe can get a used Huracan and hope for some kind of good deal.

Lamborghini Huracan Reviews - Lamborghini Huracan Price, Photos, and Specs - Car and Driver

We know that,that is why most are buying Huracans until they update the A....

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    We know that,that is why most are buying Huracans until they update the A....
    The scissor door drama and the V12 sound. Some would pay more for that. Traditionally speaking, V12 is the real deal.

I don't get why nobody complains about Aventador's laborious way of handling/driving.
    By comparison the Aventador feels like elder bull, tired going to sleep, vs Huracan's agile (very agile) taking heads on whatever is on the road.

While very cool,the Aventador is very dated compared to the Huracan.I intended to buy a new A until I saw and drove a H.I was a no brainier after that...

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    While very cool,the Aventador is very dated compared to the Huracan.I intended to buy a new A until I saw and drove a H.I was a no brainier after that...
    Exactly the same story! Was about to buy Avent but changed my mind after test driving Hurcan.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_BOSS View Post
    Exactly the same story! Was about to buy Avent but changed my mind after test driving Hurcan.
    How do you convince a dealer to give you a test ride? I have a limited edition M3 Lime Rock that I drive sometimes. Could I pull up in that and convince the dealer that I look like a potential buyer? And how long would they let you test drive if they let you?

I have driven a Huracan before, some Persian guys on the street of LA let me pay $120 to take it out for 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfalcon View Post
    How do you convince a dealer to give you a test ride? I have a limited edition M3 Lime Rock that I drive sometimes. Could I pull up in that and convince the dealer that I look like a potential buyer? And how long would they let you test drive if they let you?

I have driven a Huracan before, some Persian guys on the street of LA let me pay $120 to take it out for 20 minutes.
    Just pay another 120 to drive one. The dealer usually asks you for a security deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    Just pay another 120 to drive one. The dealer usually asks you for a security deposit.
    Like how much security deposit? Or do they make you sign something saying you break it you buy it?

The rent a Lambo company didn't ask for a deposit or insurance, just a drivers license and probably being 25+ years old. They offered to let me drive again and go on the freeway if I wanted to buy a 2nd round because they trusted me.

There's another company doing a 2 hr exotic car tour for $400 special in January! They let you try out 4 exotic cars, including Lamborghini & Ferrari, and it's a mountain driving tour. It's kind on some mountain roads in Chula Vista (near San Diego). It's out in the middle of nowhere but I guess it means open roads to really let you feel the car.

But I dunno if saving up the money to own an exotic car is even worth it anymore now that I can just go rent one for a few hundred bucks and spare the headache of ownership. People say Lambos are weekend cars, so it'd be a waste to let it sit in the garage on the weekdays after dropping $200-300k on it. Plus maintenance is super expensive, like $5k for some basic service when it may be a few hundred bucks on a normal car?

And not going to be the guy who buys a Lambo to be the envy of friends because most of the time some will find a way to hate you rather than praise you. I'm not going into debt just to hear some guy say "nice car, what you for a living?". But seems most people on this site who own a Lambo aren't out to insult others.

jetfalcon,I drive a 4x4 Truck as one of my transports.I buy a like of expensive cars,bottom line these sales people and mangers must believe one can truly afford the car.If not they will not let ya drive it because a issue may occur and miles on the new cars are bad.

Remember,car sales people(most) are Bullshixxers and they will ID one of their own very quick...