Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

VF-Engineering: WORLDS FIRST Supercharged Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4

Introducing:
    the VF-Engineering VF800 Supercharger System
    for the 2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4

And so here it is. Eleven months in the making and we're finally able to roll up the garage door and unveil a project that has not only kept us busy for nearly a full calendar year, but one that has filled our building with a level of energy and excitement that you can only achieve when building something that is truly world class.

While supercharging performance cars is nothing new to us, this particular project started with a very specific goal in mind...
    Bolt On Installation - Hypercar Speed - OEM Reliability
    Owner Doug Almond is also not new to supercars but insisted that this project had to be done, and it had to be done on his 2015 Huracan LP610-4. I believe that "I'm tired of waiting for Lamborghini to build a hypercar." were his exact words. So we took on the task knowing that we had come close to breaking the 800 horsepower barrier on our previous 5.2 liter V10 supercharger unit for the Audi R8 and Lamborghini Gallardo, and we knew exactly what it would take to get there with this car.

Knowing that we had to achieve 800+ horsepower while maintaining OEM drivability and reliability, we started by putting our engineering team from HEX Tuning to work on exploring the new dual MED17 ECU's. We had confidence in generating the needed boost pressures with the highly efficient Eaton TVS2300 roots-type supercharger unit, but it was going to take precise calibration of the camshaft timing maps to allow for appropriate charging of the combustion cylinders to optimize power. Keeping the charged air cool was made possible with an integrated dual air/water after-cooling system.

With all of the hardware bolted into place, and the base calibrations flashed into the ECU, all that was left was put in the necessary time on the dyno and on the open roads to ensure that our calculated efforts not only worked in theory, but performed exactly as expected in the real world. After a few more months of real world calibration testing we achieved our goals by topping out at 805 horsepower and 610 ft. lbs. of torque!

This week the car will be in Las Vegas, Nevada to be seen by the tens of thousands of industry professionals attending the 2015 SEMA Show. If you're one of the many who will be present, be sure to stop by the Rotiform Wheels booth (#62110) and take a peak for yourself. For the rest of you who may not be so fortunate, but sure to keep track of us on Facebook and Instagram as Doug has a host of racing events he and the Huracan will be participating in throughout the rest of the year and into 2016.

If you're interested in learning more about the VF-Engineering VF800 for yourself, feel free to click on through to our website for more details.

ABOUT VF-Engineering:
    VF-Engineering, Inc. uses state of the art processes to design, create, test and manufacture one of the highest quality supercharger kits on the market. The VF-Engineering facility is Located in the heart of Southern California. All our products are created and tested in house to ensure optimal gains and ensure factory like driveability and reliability.
    Proudly Made in the USA.

P: 714-528-0066
    E: sales@vf-engineering.com
    http://www.VFE1.com

Amazing work, looking forward to seeing some more videos! Great price too and like the fact it can be easily reversed.

Any word on the clutch endurance though?

Gary, tell Doug to register and share some first hand experience of driving his H.
    I presume you will also test it acter SEMA to see the performance improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a very nice setup,however,my concern would be if the drive train can (esp trans/clutches) can handle the increase.Also,adding this unit would obviously void the factory warranty for any drive train or engine issue..That is big $$$ if something breaks.

However,this is not a issue for many and me to at times.

Questions.

1.Does VF Eng.believe the stock Huracan can handle the increase and what is their drivetrain warranty if something breaks?I know my Turbo S can and does,but Huracan ???

2.Who do they have to install these units and how much would this cost?

3.Have they done any serious performance tests? I for one am interested in some quarter miles times and MPH with the SC installed.

4.What are the benefits of a SC compared to a Twin Turbo ???

I would love to have my Huracan Supercharged and the unit looks excellent,but I do not want a broken car either...

VF ,Please provide information to above and any other information you have ...

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    This is a very nice setup,however,my concern would be if the drive train can (esp trans/clutches) can handle the increase.Also,adding this unit would obviously void the factory warranty for any drive train or engine issue..That is big $$$ if something breaks.

However,this is not a issue for many and me to at times.

Questions.

1.Does VF Eng.believe the stock Huracan can handle the increase and what is their drivetrain warranty if something breaks?I know my Turbo S can and does,but Huracan ???

2.Who do they have to install these units and how much would this cost?

3.Have they done any serious performance tests? I for one am interested in some quarter miles times and MPH with the SC installed.

4.What are the benefits of a SC compared to a Twin Turbo ???

I would love to have my Huracan Supercharged and the unit looks excellent,but I do not want a broken car either...

VF ,Please provide information to above and any other information you have ...

Thanks...
    All your questions are very valid, i'm sure VF will reply shortly.
    I can only add input to your last question. A SC setup is much simple from a tech point of view compared to a TT setup. Less parts means that less things can go wrong. The biggest advantage compared to TT is the lack of turbo lag. The power is delivered smoothly across the rev range.
    Even with the latest ECU upgrades like boost per gear (variable boost on gears) the turbo lag on TT setups cannot be hidden especially on systems that develop over 1000 HP.

Live upload from SEMA, its raining!

Agreed,had both,aftermarket Turbines for the Huracan way to complicated ....Supercharging with low boost is a very good alternative ... Plenty to do in Vegas when it is raining ....

I'll be the first to line up for this SC

Quote Originally Posted by HuracanPerpetrator View Post
    I'll be the first to line up for this SC

In this case you'll smoke the hypercars too, not just the regular competitionVF-Engineering: WORLDS FIRST Supercharged Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4

Check how this clean the setup looks, i guess if you leave it black it looks almost like a stock car:

It does look excellent,be nice if they answered the above questions..Las Vegas Speedway is just down the road,would be great to see some real quarter miles times and the trap speed increase...

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    It does look excellent,be nice if they answered the above questions..Las Vegas Speedway is just down the road,would be great to see some real quarter miles times and the trap speed increase...
    Thats the after-SEMA planVF-Engineering: WORLDS FIRST Supercharged Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4