Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    2016 2WD Huracan Introduced
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubuntu View Post
    From observing the side profile (of the black Huracan photo above) ... It appears that the lower side air vent/scoop, that is part of the LP610-4's bodywork..... is gone.
    Maybe there is just a plain grill there on the LP580-2.
    Good spot! I think there are also small changes to the other aero parts of the car to set it apart from its brother.
    I bet that also other wheel models will be installed, thats the fastest way to change the appearance of a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    I really don't want to see that Audi continues to dilute Lamborghini brand by introducing a cheaper variant, like what Porsche did in recent past, such as Cayman , Boxster crap. Nonetheless, Porsche runs a very lucrative business
    At the end of the day, we have to accept the fact that businesses have to maximise profit.
    You know that if it weren't for the "Boxster crap", Porsche would have gone broke.

The Cayenne and the Boxster (then later the Cayman) are the only reason that Porsche pulled out of a huge slump.

Sure, they are crappy cars that take away from the brand, but what would you prefer - a diluted brand or *none at all*

This will not have any effect on the value of the real Huracans. The car companies have to make a less expensive model so more people can buy the cars.They all do it.I personally always buy the best and new model.I would never buy a watered down version,that would drive me nuts.Their are markets for both.The Huracan is a excellent machine,enjoy your cars and quit worrying about selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    This will not have any effect on the value of the real Huracans. The car companies have to make a less expensive model so more people can buy the cars.They all do it.I personally always buy the best and new model.I would never buy a watered down version,that would drive me nuts.Their are markets for both.The Huracan is a excellent machine,enjoy your cars and quit worrying about selling them.
    Thats correct but i think it will be a pretty hard choice too for those that this de-tuned Huracan was made because by the time they hit the showrooms probably you can buy an used LP610 for the same $. It should be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya,de tuned is the key word,no way.Can you imagine go to the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Race in the cheaper /de tuned Huracan/No Way..Really,these cars do not get used that much,I would go used Full Tuned Huracan for sure....

If not,I would not buy a Lamborghini...

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    I really don't want to see that Audi continues to dilute Lamborghini brand by introducing a cheaper variant, like what Porsche did in recent past, such as Cayman , Boxster crap. Nonetheless, Porsche runs a very lucrative business
    At the end of the day, we have to accept the fact that businesses have to maximise profit.
    Cayman/Boxster crap? They are arguably better vehicles and drivers cars than 911's.
    I actually prefer the Cayman over the 911 any day. Amazingly fun cars to drive.

Of course it's going to hit the value of the 'original' Huracans - they've already bombed pretty substantially even by super car standards. I offloaded mine in Aug (took delivery in Nov 14) - loved the car but I had a new baby at home and wanted something with back seats (so I went totally off-piste and got a Wraith). But it shocked me how many used Huracan's there were in SoCal - some dealers had 2/3 at a time and they were getting HUGELY discounted even with barely any miles. Mine sat at a dealership on consignment for 2 months before it finally sold, way lower than it had first gone on at, but in all honesty I was just glad to get out before the Spyder launched and sent the values even lower.

That said I didn't buy the car expecting the value to be stable - it was worth every lost dollar and then some, and I'll definitely get another one at some point

Quote Originally Posted by mentalmark View Post
    Of course it's going to hit the value of the 'original' Huracans - they've already bombed pretty substantially even by super car standards..... They were getting HUGELY discounted even with barely any miles...
    What was the "huge" amount? Be specific, please.

Quote Originally Posted by abedh View Post
    Cayman/Boxster crap? They are arguably better vehicles and drivers cars than 911's.
    I actually prefer the Cayman over the 911 any day. Amazingly fun cars to drive.
    Of course I see your point, It has been said over and over again. Being a mid engine car, Cayman drives better, handles better.
    My point was that Porsche could ve reproduced Porsche Carrera GT (big price tag) , mid engine car with much more power, even a detuned version of 918.
    Porsche wants to sell cars, that s why Cayman was born, more affordable. Personally I would never buy a Cayman as I have a 911 4GTS. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Rubuntu View Post
    What was the "huge" amount? Be specific, please.
    The person that took mine was offered a used Huracan, list price close to $280k at $240k, with 1000 miles on the click from the official Lambo dealership where I bought mine from, although I doubt those are the prices they're displaying publicly. So that's where the market is.

Mine went for a bit lower (but not too much) but it had 3500 miles on the clock. Sure you can do the math

Every dealer I spoke to said there are shit loads of Huracans on the market right now and they are struggling to shift them. Especially in white, as it was the most popular color (which mine was).

Might improve down the line and maybe different in another area... but I wanted to get rid, and was happy to get out at this point, especially as the Sypder was about to land. Like I say, no regrets but it's tough times selling one at present.