Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Louvers Or Glass Cover?

Louvers Or Glass Cover?
    As I've been shopping them, I have noticed that I think the louvers might suit the character of the car more than the glass cover.

Perhaps they look this way to my eye because:

1) they are more striking and aggressive in the same vain as Aventador SV
    2) the glass cover seems to hide nearly half of the engine bay. You really have to look hard to see the motor. when you do it's not exciting to look at - as say Ferrari with red valve covers etc.
    3) the H is so relatively smooth compared to previous Lambo's the louvers seem to give it a bit of a hard edge no?

Just some observations. What do you guys think?

Agreed on all 3 counts.
    Add to the list ... visibility. Better in louvered version, which I didn't expect to be. But it's true.

Not sure why, bur this thread reminded me of this pic, which is pretty much the perfect looking Huracan in my opinion:

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Those gussets ruin the look of the louvers .... kinda add-on looking.

What are gussets?

Quote Originally Posted by Evoking View Post
    What are gussets?

Those little structures at each bend on the louver.

Glass Better,you can see (The Peoples) the engine without opening the hatch and water is minimized in the engine compartment.But 7500.00 way to much $$$ for the glass,even though I paid it. Benefits of the louver is better cooling....

I completely agree with everything you stated. The louvers look way more aggressive and suit the car better in my opinion. My biggest question though is this:

Do the Louvered covers weigh less than the glass covers? It seems like they would, which would be yet another benefit!

Quote Originally Posted by FRONZILLA View Post
    I completely agree with everything you stated. The louvers look way more aggressive and suit the car better in my opinion. My biggest question though is this:

Do the Louvered covers weigh less than the glass covers? It seems like they would, which would be yet another benefit!
    I do not have the numbers but i can most guarantee that this is the case, they are very, very light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    Glass Better,you can see (The Peoples) the engine without opening the hatch and water is minimized in the engine compartment.But 7500.00 way to much $$$ for the glass,even though I paid it. Benefits of the louver is better cooling....
    Can you elaborate on your post? "Glass Better,you can see (The Peoples)", do you say visibility, in rear view mirror, is better with louvered, or glass cover?