Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Louvers Or Glass Cover?
    LOL, you guys are crazy. Healthy debate isn't it. I can see how one might say the louvers can make the rear look narrower as it draws eyes to the louvers which don't go to the edges of the car.

But as many have mentioned, it does add a bit of cinema/occasion that is somewhat lacking. When I first saw Huracan I was NOT a fan and was set on the more chiseled hardened lines of the Gallardo. I see the louvers as a step in that direction. I used to also believe every mid-engined car MUST show the engine off.

But now I realize some of the coolest mid-engined cars DONT show the engine or show so little of it who really cars. Also the shape of the car makes it clear its a low wide exotic and the huge vents tell you there is something thumping under there LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Evoking View Post
    But now I realize some of the coolest mid-engined cars DONT show the engine or show so little of it who really cars. Also the shape of the car makes it clear its a low wide exotic and the huge vents tell you there is something thumping under there LOL
    You couldn't be MORE wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    You couldn't be MORE wrong.
    He must be new at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Lol, there we go

Did I mention glassy, gender confusing look of Caitlyn's "bonnet" conversion cover costing $7,500?
    Like I said, girly (kinda)
    It's much more manly seeing the engine; not some cheap plastic cover-up burqa.
    Louvers ====> For the sissy-boy owner on a budget!! lol

The dealers that I went to said it will be tougher to sell the car later without the glass bonnet hatch.
    It is the #1 option on the Huracan.

Oh really? Here is a plethora of legendary mid-engined cars WITHOUT clear bonnet...

Not to mention semi-exotic and average cars like NSX, MR2 and the lovely Fiero. The fact is that there are FAR more mid-engined cars that don't show off engine than those that did. In fact, race cars don't even show engines. They are covered but have vents to breathe. Ferrari began to popularize this in the 80's and 90's. That said, I did take the engine cover off all my NSX's to show the engine off. But I was an NSX chasing Ferrari. But its interesting how strongly some Lambo guys feel about this??? It was never a Lambo trait.

To each his own. But the hard evidence does not support your assertion that 'I couldn't be more wrong' LOL. Caution, many of the cars shown below are BEYOND cool ;-)

Diablo SV
    Louvers Or Glass Cover?-99svrear-jpg

McLaren P1
    Louvers Or Glass Cover?-29-yellow-mclaren-p1-top-jpg

Testarossa
    Louvers Or Glass Cover?-1986_ferrari_testarossa_being_unloaded-jpg

Murci SV
    Louvers Or Glass Cover?-al-thani-turqoise-murcielago-sv-owner-pics-london-photo-gallery_5-jpg

Pagani Huayra with little to nothing to show
    Louvers Or Glass Cover?-2011-pagani-huayra-rear-view-brake-lamp-look-motion-jpg

Louvers Or Glass Cover?-pagani-huayra-top-view-m8web-jpg

Aventador SV
    Louvers Or Glass Cover?-lamborghini-aventador-sv-8-jpg

Miura
    Louvers Or Glass Cover?-lambo-1_1845804i-jpg

Countach
    Louvers Or Glass Cover?-lamborghini_countach_-_flickr_-_exfordy_-1-jpg

Louvers Or Glass Cover?-mp4-27_front-3-41-jpg

Louvers Or Glass Cover?-29_03_36-infineon-audi-r8-racing-car_web-jpg

Louvers Or Glass Cover?-0911_04_z-2011_porsche_boxster_spyder-rear_three_quarter_view-jpg

Louvers Or Glass Cover?-2002-acura-nsx-top-view-jpg

Louvers Or Glass Cover?-22009130004_large-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Louvers Or Glass Cover?-1985_pontiac_fiero_gt_rear_right-jpg 

Of course the MR2 and Fiero are listed for levity. But for their time and price point they were VERY cool. But the best on this list is the Miura, Aventador SV, Murci SV, Diablo, ALL Pagani's that didn't have clear bonnet, NSX, Legendary R8 race car, all F1 and on and on...

Of course the MR2 and Fiero are listed for levity. But for their time and price point they were VERY cool. But the best on this list is the Miura, Aventador SV, Murci SV, Diablo, ALL Pagani's that didn't have clear bonnet, NSX, Legendary R8 race car, all F1 and on and on...
    Evoking...
    First Rule of Holes:
    When you're in one ..... stop digging !!

The market has spoken ... Glass engine covers are the look for today's super cars!
    You can stick with the 1970's look, if that's your thing.
    (To each their own)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubuntu View Post
    Evoking...
    First Rule of Holes:
    When you're in one ..... stop digging !!

The market has spoken ... Glass engine covers are the look for today's super cars!
    You can stick with the 1970's look, if that's your thing.
    (To each their own)
    Apparently it is you who forgot the rule of common sense... When dealing with something as subjective as an option on a car purchased by dudes who clearly can select whatever they want it is pointless to try to argue one being better than the other as a point of fact. Hence the subjectivity. Which is how I posted - open to my opinion as well as others. When you try to assert your preference by stating what "the market" likes you simply expose how affected you are by what the masses like. The question wasn't "what do you think the market likes or sells better". It was what YOU like.

Note that most responses kept it subjective and said what THEY like and why. That was all this thread was about. No right or wrong - just choices.
    Its all good, no harm bud.

PS that the market likes clear bonnet shows the influence Ferrari has. But I'm glad Lambo has stuck to hits raw, masculine and beastly roots even on its most flagship model like Aventador SV which last time I checked was not a 70's or 80's car!

Apparently it is you who forgot the rule of common sense... When dealing with something as subjective as an option on a car purchased by dudes who clearly can select whatever they want it is pointless to try to argue one being better than the other. Hence the subjectivity. Which is how I posted - open to my opinion as well as others. When you try to assert your preference by "the market" you simply expose how affected you are by what the masses like.

Note that most responses kept it subjective and said what THEY like and why. That was all this thread was about. No right or wrong - just choices.
    Its all good, no harm bud.

You're trying too hard, pal.
    But, it's ok... When you asked for group drives like a pimple faced kid does, it spoke volumes.
    OOPS !