Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Why Huracan Over 650S?

Why Huracan Over 650S?
    Gang,

I'm about to bite the bullet on first supercar. I've always wanted a Lambo or Ferrari as a kid, I suppose we all did. There weren't many other dreamcar alternatives. Over the years I've owned many Porsches (have a 850hp 997TT now), M cars, Lotus, 3 NSX, Viper, Z06 and much more. There is a part of me wanting to experience Lambo ownership. The exhaust, the vaultlike quality of Gallardo and Huracan, everyone knows what it is etc.

But then the 3 time NSX owner in me says McLaren. Its the anti-establishment that socked it to the two Italians! Pro's/Cons for 650S

1) 650S is more technologically advanced, faster, better ride. Not that I street race but it would be nice to feel invincible as I currently am in my 997TT ;-)

2) I suspect McLaren owners get less hatorade and people acting angry or crazy. Sure they may know you're not struggling but they have NO idea it costs as much or more than a Lambo do they? 3) Vertical doors On the con side I can only think of a couple: 1) Even if I buy a used one that has already taken the hit I wonder about long term. Will it be cooler and also more $ to have a 15 year old Lambo or McLaren?

3) Can I get the exhaust to sound like a proper supercar? Or will it ever have "turbo muffle" issues achieving a pristine supercar sound?

4) I'm saving over $100k in initial depreciation on 650! Hence it will proportionally incur less depreciation from a new H.

Pro's/Cons Gallardo/Huracan
    1) Its a Lambo

2) Nearly new Gallardo is at least $40-$60k cheaper than a 650 coupe

3) If I go Huracan its a brand new Lambo. Will be current for like 10 years plus

4) Sound great

5) Probably the most attention and recognition Cons 1) Huracan is most expensive option of the cars I'm looking at 2) Any Lambo gets most attention - might get tiring

Can you guys comment on Huracan ownership, would you do it again in hindsight?

Because McLaren's are POS, just have to view the forums to realize that. Transmissions, coolant leaks, weak AC, horrid IRIS, etc, etc.

Why would you even consider a Gallardo, 10 year old technology.

Cactus has a really solid point, if you are getting a new Lambo the Huracan is the only way to go.
    As for some of the points you mentioned above, you buy a car to enjoy it, your decision should not be influenced by what others say if you will own a Lambo.
    I would not get an 650S, soon they will replace it, they are switching models way too fast.

You guys ever driven a 650S? Most certainly is NOT a POS. But I do agree about the pace of replacements. That does concern me as the 12C is "old" already. But the build quality of the 650S is quite high. Not a rattle, tight steering with great feedback yet the right kind of isolation, awesome transmission and Iris is improved.

Who has driven or owned 650?

McLaren , Ferrari and Lamborghini. Personally, buying decision was purely emotional. I could ve gone for a 458 Italia or 650S with my budget, but I just love the look of Huracan.

Two friends have 650Ss,I had to make the same choice of the two brand new.I could not decide until I personally saw a Huracan and a 650S in person side by side and I instantly knew I wanted a Huracan.In my opinion the Huracan looks way better and they both are basically the same in performance(real world/done it).Besides the hit on the Mclaren is crazy on the service is very difficult to get...

I am very happy with my decision...Best HP Car I have ever had and I have had a bunch also...

Quote Originally Posted by Evoking View Post

Who has driven or owned 650?
    I only driven one, i really likes the steering, it's very precise. It also pulls good but the Huracan can put the power down much better in my opinion due to it's all wheel drive. In real world the Huracan has the edge on this chapter.
    Something that i remember is that it's pretty hard to get in and out of the 650s.
    However, considering your last post it seems you like the 650s better so probably you already taken the decision emotionally, you just need to convience your mind too which is pretty hard since the Huracan is a better deal.

Thanks for the feedback. I love the merits of them both and flip flop on each day. So no my mind isn't made up. Have not driven the Huracan yet but was blown away by how 650 puts power down even in wet. F1 level traction control, no slippage just acceleration. That said surely the 650 will get tail happy before the Huracan!

Quote Originally Posted by Evoking View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I love the merits of them both and flip flop on each day. So no my mind isn't made up. Have not driven the Huracan yet but was blown away by how it puts power down even in wet. F1 level traction control, no slippage just acceleration. That said surely the 650 will get tail happy before the Huracan!
    What am I missing?

Meant to say was amazed how 650 put power down for a rwd car