Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Soft Top for the Lamborghini Huracan Spyder

Soft Top for the Lamborghini Huracan Spyder
    Soft Top for the Lamborghini Huracan Spyder-2016_huracan_spyder_soft_top_1-jpg

More sources indicate that the 2016 Lamborghini Huracan Spyder will be a soft top. The car will be unveiled mid-September at the IAA Frankurt, shortly after the Aventador SV Roadster will be unveiled at Pebble Beach.
    Even if many wanted to see a hard top on the new Huracan Spyder there are also advantages in using a soft top especially on a sport car, head of the lists is the low weight of the soft fabric compared to a metal folding roof.

Soft Top for the Lamborghini Huracan Spyder-2016_huracan_spyder_soft_top_8-jpg

Digital renders by our friends at LamboCars

Thank you for posting these ... yesterday I made a small animation :

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Soft Top for the Lamborghini Huracan Spyder-2016_huracan_spyder_soft_top_1-jpg
    ...there are also advantages in using a soft top especially on a sport car, head of the lists is the low weight of the soft fabric compared to a metal folding roof.
    Not buying the weight issue. Panels could be CF or some composite. All the weight comes from the mechanics of the folding mechanism. Removable panel approach, would be much lighter than any convertible top.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    Not buying the weight issue. Panels could be CF or some composite. All the weight comes from the mechanics of the folding mechanism. Removable panel approach, would be much lighter than any convertible top.
    It's true, the weight comes from the mechanism. I remember i've read aomewhere that they did implemented the removable panel option becuase it would have looked similar to the Aventador.
    The Huracan is a new car, i really winder myself why they did not designed it from to start to have a folding hard top?
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

not for me, understand 16k in pounds over coupe, time you loose 50k on your coupe then another 40 to get back into the spyder!! they have supplied to many cars to the uk as maclaren did............lambo buy all the loose stock back, keep your customers happy and we will re buy, learn from Ferrari and Porsche, supply and demand!!!

Some more renders :

front view with the roof up:

rear view with the roof up:

remember the Gallardo Spyder ... back in those days the soft top fabric could be blue:

I was going to upgrade if a removable HT was on the Spyder, looks like I can continue to enjoy my Coupe

Dave
    '16 GT4
    '15 LP610-4
    2014 R8 V10
    2012 TTRS
    2010 GTR
    2010 GT3
    2009 turbo
    2007 turbo
    etc...

Quote Originally Posted by davett View Post
    I was going to upgrade if a removable HT was on the Spyder, looks like I can continue to enjoy my Coupe
    Save money for the SL

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Save money for the SL
    You're a mind reader

Dave
    '16 GT4
    '15 LP610-4
    2014 R8 V10
    2012 TTRS
    2010 GTR
    2010 GT3
    2009 turbo