Lightbulb Experts insight needed!

Experts insight needed!
    Experts insight needed!-img_20150717_112359-jpgThere is a subtle /slight hissing sound (resembles air leaking or some objects brushing gently against each other) coming from engine bay, when I tap accelerator to reach very slow RPM. I checked the intake pipes , they seem to be fine! I took my car out for a cruise with bunch of friends yesterday , hard-core revving. On my way home, I noticed the sound. any ideas?

I'm almost positive I know the sound, it's similar to a blow off valve. If it's what I'm thinking it's totally normal and even Gallardo's do it. I do not know the technical details why though.

New car, "hard-core revving"... Probably not the best idea.

I hear the same thing... Kinda like a very light turbo spool kinda thing. I thought there was some sort of leak. It sounds like its coming from your left ear on the driver sound?
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    I hear the same thing... Kinda like a very light turbo spool kinda thing. I thought there was some sort of leak. It sounds like its coming from your left ear on the driver sound?
    Yeah, At higher RMP, the noise becomes shrill, resembles whistling sound in the mix of engine sound , but very subtle , one needs to roll down the window to hear it, on the left side. May be I am being paranoid and over sensitive, but the noise is there, for sure!
    I am going to the dealership to let the expert to listen to the noise. Small Air leak can reduce power of the engine slightly.

If the noise is constant then I am talking about something different...

I was just at the dealership, mechanic told me that it is a normal noise, it is the sound of air intake. It is only noticeable before 3rd gear engaged. hissing sound. He said it was louder with Gallardos, they constantly had owners coming in for such problems before. I used to own a R8, it did not produce such noise at all, Mechanic said: Lambor uses different air intake system than the R8's. No worries! enjoy the hissing sssshhhhhh!

Mine two....

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    I was just at the dealership, mechanic told me that it is a normal noise, it is the sound of air intake. It is only noticeable before 3rd gear engaged. hissing sound. He said it was louder with Gallardos, they constantly had owners coming in for such problems before. I used to own a R8, it did not produce such noise at all, Mechanic said: Lambor uses different air intake system than the R8's. No worries! enjoy the hissing sssshhhhhh!
    Ah yes...then thats the noise i was referring too

Yes I most noticeably hear mine when I press the gas pedal like its spooling up or something... Now that you mention the air intake that makes more sense but I can hear mine with out rolling the window down........
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette