Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lamborghini Huracan vs Audi RS7
    As stated in the video that RS7 is not stock, plus they Have a drag strip for play. I just reported that up to 60 mph the RS7 hangs next to the Hbut after that it loses ground fast to the H. Impressive car, probably my first choice as next daily driver.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

I'm rocking an S6 with RS7 turbos, tune, downpipe, intake, catback, and I can tell you that the dual clutch is feeling the torque. At certain points it feels like my clutch plates are ready to blow. I drove an RS7 and it doesn't shifty nearly as hard, but shifts nearly as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by euro_sex View Post
    I'm rocking an S6 with RS7 turbos, tune, downpipe, intake, catback, and I can tell you that the dual clutch is feeling the torque. At certain points it feels like my clutch plates are ready to blow. I drove an RS7 and it doesn't shifty nearly as hard, but shifts nearly as fast.
    Interesting. You proved Audi that their DCT can handle the extra 150 NM of the RS7. The S7 has the same DCT gearbox as the S6?

My dd is Audi S8 with APR tune of 667 HP/697 FT-LBS. My weekend baby is H with no tune (yet). Sometimes I think my S8 is quicker than H. Go figure. It's an illusion I know, but go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Klauss View Post
    Interesting. You proved Audi that their DCT can handle the extra 150 NM of the RS7. The S7 has the same DCT gearbox as the S6?
    It sure does, but I'm not sure how long it can handle it. 50-60k, no doubt. 150k miles I doubt that.

S6 and S7 are the same car except one is a sedan and the other is a sedan hatch, s6 has better balance and weight distribution though due to the design, but you're talking a second or two shaved off a lap time. It is more fun to handle though, can take her sideways with more control if you're being a hooligan, but than the quattro kicks in and the fun is over

It sure does, but I'm not sure how long it can handle it. 50-60k, no doubt. 150k miles I doubt that.

S6 and S7 are the same car except one is a sedan and the other is a sedan hatch, s6 has better balance and weight distribution though due to the design, but you're talking a second or two shaved off a lap time. It is more fun to handle though, can take her sideways with more control if you're being a hooligan, but than the quattro kicks in and the fun is over
    It may be a more fun car to drive but the S7 compensate with it's design, it's better even than the CLS. Except bigger turbos the S7 and RS7 engines are basically the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    It may be a more fun car to drive but the S7 compensate with it's design, it's better even than the CLS. Except bigger turbos the S7 and RS7 engines are basically the same?
    The S6/S7/RS6/RS7/S8 are nearly the same engines with different turbos, plugs, and intake system. The core compounds are the same. Similar to how an R8 V10 is nearly the same as a Gallardo and can be brought to the same power level within hours of changing a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    My dd is Audi S8 with APR tune of 667 HP/697 FT-LBS. My weekend baby is H with no tune (yet). Sometimes I think my S8 is quicker than H. Go figure. It's an illusion I know, but go figure.
    Hmm, as soon as the Huracan ECU is cracked you should tune your H too To clearly feel a difference haha

The S6/S7/RS6/RS7/S8 are nearly the same engines with different turbos, plugs, and intake system. The core compounds are the same. Similar to how an R8 V10 is nearly the same as a Gallardo and can be brought to the same power level within hours of changing a few things.
    In this case i would opt as DD for the S7 in order to get the DCT with an exhaust/tune to bring it to the stock RS7 power level. Tempting

I'm not a tech guru but why Audi did not implemented a double cltch tranny as on a Huracan for example, i'm sure it could have handeld the extra torque...
    I think it was more a economical decision than a technical one.

interesting thread, nice