Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Next Hot Collectors Car

Next Hot Collectors Car
    Hi guys. What you will discover about me is that I'm always trying to find that hot collector car before they hit those hot hot prices. What do you guys think will be the next big thing in the collecting world. It can be a brand new car or a not so brand new car like a 1999 355 Serie Fiorano
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

I personally think the next collector car is the McLaren P1. Their prices started to GROW in Germany, which as you all know is very unusual.

btw There is a dealer that i know that has a mint F1 that is listed for 10.2 mil euros! Pretty good ROI i would say for the original buyer

P1 is definitely one of those collector cars. Having experienced this car several times, its just unreal.

the p1 and f1 are clearly collectable and unobtainable to most, how about the 12c, not ever making more, or are there already too many built?

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    the p1 and f1 are clearly collectable and unobtainable to most, how about the 12c, not ever making more, or are there already too many built?
    I think the 12C is one of those great cars when it first comes out but 10 years give or take and the problems with it are just going to be insane. IMO they rushed the 12C and McLaren themselves nearly admitted they messed up on the 12C. So I don't think it will be.

The crazy thing now is the Diablos are going crazy in price. Also the Murcielago special editions (650,Anny,SV) I think are going to be collectible, just from social media alone. Everybody loves the murcielago, many say its the last true lamborghini before they got all soft.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    I think the 12C is one of those great cars when it first comes out but 10 years give or take and the problems with it are just going to be insane. IMO they rushed the 12C and McLaren themselves nearly admitted they messed up on the 12C. So I don't think it will be.

The crazy thing now is the Diablos are going crazy in price. Also the Murcielago special editions (650,Anny,SV) I think are going to be collectible, just from social media alone. Everybody loves the murcielago, many say its the last true lamborghini before they got all soft.
    I do not think the 12C or the 650S for that matter have collectible DNA, only the P1.
    One sick lambo is indeed the Diablo SV, that is a true collectible!

Ford GT
    LP670-4 SV
    LP-570-4 Performante
    Gallardo Super Trofeo
    McLaren P1
    Enzo
    LaFerrari
    SLR 722 Roadster
    599 GTO
    360 CS
    F430 Scud
    458 Speciale
    Variants of the Bugatti SS
    Porsche Carrera GT
    Porsche 918

Are a few that cars that I think will be collector cars over the years.
    Last edited by Mr. Carter; 11-05-2014 at 07:56 PM.

In my opinion the Carrera GT isn't exactly the big hit people expected to be, i mean clean, mint models still have strong prices but over the years it lost some of that aura. I think the FGT will be a hot collectible if they don't make another version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    In my opinion the Carrera GT isn't exactly the big hit people expected to be, i mean clean, mint models still have strong prices but over the years it lost some of that aura. I think the FGT will be a hot collectible if they don't make another version of it.
    We already know they will at some point in time. Simply because the modeled this on off the original GT40. History always repeats itself. I do however believe that it will be awhile before they do redo this model.

How much is a mint GTO in US right now? Low mileage, etc.? They are selling pretty cheap in Europe. I admit that it's a great GT, two packs and you have a blast on the french riviera for the weekend.