Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    WARNING: Huracan brake issue
    Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    While some of you may be having a issue with some brake noise,the brakes on my car have been just perfect.I can not imagine that Lamborghini or Audi would have a serious issue in the braking systems in the new Huracan or new R8 Plus and not address this immediately if it were a safety issue.The brake systems are the same in the two cars.I also have had many HP cars with CR barkes and they all make noise and vibrate a bit.Both my 997 and 991 Turbo S make way more noise than my Huracan and do vibrate coming to a final stop.No big deal as long as i do not have a issue with actually stopping the car...These cars are not Bentleys ,I am use to it.....

Besides noise or vibration,has anyone had a issues were the brakes went out /lost peddle pressure or could not get their Huracan stopped ?????????
    I hope not, because they probably wouldn't be around to reply to this thread...

Done 3000, no issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mentalmark View Post
    Done 3000, no issues so far.

Same with me I have 3600 on mine and not an issue. In my experience the only thing I've seen is where the hat of the rotor is not tight to the rotor itself. I've seen on a few cars and most of it occurs from someone trying to mess with the rotors or heavy track use. When it gets like that you will get a slight vibration. Usually you will have some type of feel in the car.

Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    Service | Maintenance | Performance | Customization | Body and Paint | Audio/Video
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    mitch@famousautosports.com
    www.famousautosports.com

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMikeAtl View Post
    Exactly how mine started. It is most noticeable after the car has been driven for at least 10 minutes. Then after continued driving it gets worse. I even notice it after the car has been parked for 30 minutes and I get back in to drive it. Intermittently mine will do it and it will be MUCH louder then it may be quieter or loud on subsequent times. It has progressively gotten louder and more frequent as I approach 2,600 miles. Often now if I have driven he car for a few hours during the day it will make this noise loudly at every stop. Previously, it was less frequent and I even had to "make" it do it a few times for the dealer. Then they were easily able to replicate. And again, now there is no "making" it happen. It so graciously does that for me!
    And I have the same were its more noticeable after driving for a while...its only happened a few times, so we'll see if it progressively gets worse.

Ya,I am thinking ,just a guess,when the brakes were messed with to be be painted ,that is were the issue is.These systems are complicated and need to be worked on by very qualified people.I am sure, when Lamo found out they were aftermarket painted ,that is why they will not address the issue further.

5200 km here, no problems so far, calipers haven't been painted on mine either.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Mine weren't painted either. I drove last night and noticed it again, but it's only when coming to a slow rolling stop, almost like the pads aren't full biting the rotor and kind of rubbing across them. Applying firmer brake pressure seems to clear it up.

Porsche TSs CR brakes do the same thing.I guess as expected,as they are both made by Brembo SGL...I checked the brake calibrators and discs today and all looks tight and good.Like I said,as long as the car stops as designed,I am not worried about a little vibration.I mean,their is a hell of a lot of real loud noise right behind my head that i love to hear and I and no body complains about that or that cool popping thing...

Sorry for not reporting back everyone. It is not a "made up" problem. We have uncovered the issue and Lamborghini is actively working on a fix. It is related to the springs that restrict movement/vibration in the pads. My apologies for not having a more technical understanding of their function but I can tell you with certainty that they are the issue. As Lamborghini assures me that these do not have a safety function, we have removed them from my car and the issue is completely gone. We at one point had tried swapping mine out with those from a new car and the problem still persisted. My assertion now is that the springs themselves are rubbing on the calipers when hot (you can see wear on them) or that the way they restrict movement of the pads causes the pads to rub in a manner that produces the noise. I will post again when we hear of a proposed fix from Lamborghini themselves. Until then, I will leave them off of my car unless anyone can provide accurate factual information stating that it is otherwise unsafe to do so. The noise is IRRITATING and at times embarrassing.

Ya,I am thinking ,just a guess,when the brakes were messed with to be be painted ,that is were the issue is.These systems are complicated and need to be worked on by very qualified people.I am sure, when Lamo found out they were aftermarket painted ,that is why they will not address the issue further.
    You are making a few pretty wild assumptions. First of all that it has to do with brakes being painted and secondly that the people painting the brakes are not qualified. We are fully aware of how "complicated" the brakes are. Paint is not the issue. Several cars I know of have the same issue and no paint.

While some of you may be having a issue with some brake noise,the brakes on my car have been just perfect.I can not imagine that Lamborghini or Audi would have a serious issue in the braking systems in the new Huracan or new R8 Plus and not address this immediately if it were a safety issue.The brake systems are the same in the two cars.I also have had many HP cars with CR barkes and they all make noise and vibrate a bit.Both my 997 and 991 Turbo S make way more noise than my Huracan and do vibrate coming to a final stop.No big deal as long as i do not have a issue with actually stopping the car...These cars are not Bentleys ,I am use to it.....

Besides noise or vibration,has anyone had a issues were the brakes went out /lost peddle pressure or could not get their Huracan stopped ?????????
    I have owned many cars (exotics included) with CCB. I have also had noises, squeaks, squeals and otherwise "normal and expected" braking sounds. This is NOT a typical noise. This is a definite issue that no one would find acceptable in a car of this caliber, and frankly, not in really any car. I don't know about you, but I sure am not going to just "get used to" an actual out of the ordinary defect that greatly affects my enjoyment of the car-especially one that causes you to have to look at your passenger and say "I know. Something is wrong". A brake "defect" does not have to be defined as a "safety" issue as you assert.

On a side note, I have had 4 Porsche 991 variants in the last 18 months (Carrera S, Turbo, Turbo S Cabriolet, GT3) not ONE had any noises whatsoever with the exception of an intermittent squeak from the PCCB rotors when hot and that was rare. They certainly had no vibrations at all. Porsche is NOT known for braking quality issues. In fact, it's quite the opposite.