Thread: Engine cover

Engine cover

Engine cover
    Anybody here in the states order the fin engine cover (standard cover) and get the glass one from the factory without ordering it. Is it true that all state side cars got glass cover even though some ordered the standard cover?
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

The launch cars all had engine covers if I recall. You could not order the standard cover. At this point in production I bet you could order standard (in fact I am pretty sure as of April) but I suspect that the vast majority of owners want to see the heart of the beast and choose the glass cover, similar to the Aventador.

The only US delivered car with standard cover is owned by member Red Mark here on the forum, i think he can definately clear things out. Of course his car was a pre-april order.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    The only US delivered car with standard cover is owned by member Red Mark here on the forum, i think he can definately clear things out. Of course his car was a pre-april order.
    That's correct. Got mine with the Klingon type menacing looking fin cover.
    Ordered the car in July last year, called my dealer quite few times to make absolute sure they don't mess it up. Well, they didn't, but it took them 10 months to deliver the car.
    My salesman told me later, it was the first car they've seen without the glass cover. Me happy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    That's correct. Got mine with the Klingon type menacing looking fin cover.
    Ordered the car in July last year, called my dealer quite few times to make absolute sure they don't mess it up. Well, they didn't, but it took them 10 months to deliver the car.
    My salesman told me later, it was the first car they've seen without the glass cover. Me happy
    On resale it's a double edge sword. Many want to see the engine and this could work as an disadvantage for you but on the other hand you have a unique car in US. And i know that importing a car in the US is a nightmare so you'll probably keep your exclusivity advantage.

Or someone could just buy the louvered cover from the parts department.

I dunno, everytime I see the louvered cover, 99% of the time the car also has the stock wheels. Just looks cheap to me. Seems most of the Euro cars have that combo, whereas most US cars have the glass cover and mimas. But hey, that's why they call them options.

Cactus, you might be right ....
    A few months ago, a friend who lives near the dealership in southern New Jersey saw a Huracan with the glass cover... then, a few days later the car had a louvered back.
    Maybe they switched it for a customer?