Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2016 R8 Pricing, Might As Well Get A Huracan

2016 R8 Pricing, Might As Well Get A Huracan
    "The Audi R8 V10 starts from €165,000 ($185,115), while the range-topping Audi R8 V10 Plus is offered from €187,400 ($210,140). Both prices correspond to the German market. No pricing information was offered about the R8 E-Tron."

2016 Audi R8 Gets A Starting Price of €165,000 In Germany

The V10 Plus (Huracan HP Level) is 210k and a Huracan is 237k, there will be almost no reason to consider the R8 platform unless somehow the options cost 500-1,000 instead of 3-5k like the Huracan.

You can't go by the German pricing; Each market is different.

Here you can buy an aleady spec'd NEW Huracan for 200k euros, so it's the same price of ordering a R8 V10 Plus with some light options. Same thing will be in US for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubuntu View Post
    You can't go by the German pricing; Each market is different.
    European pricing is nearly the same as US for exotics....

Only places things change are Australia and Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by euro_sex View Post
    European pricing is nearly the same as US for exotics....

Only places things change are Australia and Asia.
    The price listed in England for the Huracan (VAT + delivery inclusive) is about £184,000 or $273,000 base price. Options take it higher, of course.
    That's not nearly the same. The U.S. is fortunate with their base price of $237k.

The price listed in England for the Huracan (VAT + delivery inclusive) is about £184,000 or $273,000 base price. Options take it higher, of course.
    That's not nearly the same. The U.S. is fortunate with their base price of $237k.
    Not really, you're including VAT and delivery. If I include tax (9.8%), delivery (5k), and gas guzzler (3.5k) that would put us at roughly $269k USD which is nearly the same. Now granted my dealership has one of the highest sales tax rates in the country, so other US markets would be 2-3% cheaper tax wise.

The days of different markets are long gone. USA and Europe is nearly in-sync with consumer goods. Only difference is tax is included for you and for us we have to deal with it after the purchase. This applies to just about everything from phones, tvs, etc. Only place where there is a massive price gap is Australia and Asia which often is done because the cars themselves are different or region specific models as well as taxation rates n general transportation costs. For example a $500 video card in Europe and the States is roughly $880 in Australia simply because the transportation logistics and demand is substantially different than the traditional markets. Hence why a lot of people will order goods from the US or EU.

Now in terms of cars, there are massive luxury taxes in Australia (33%) and Asia, but again the core cost of the car itself is very similar across each region.

Quote Originally Posted by euro_sex View Post
    Not really, you're including VAT and delivery. If I include tax (9.8%), delivery (5k), and gas guzzler (3.5k) that would put us at roughly $269k USD which is nearly the same. Now granted my dealership has one of the highest sales tax rates in the country, so other US markets would be 2-3% cheaper tax wise. .....
    Zero Sales Tax at my address of record (so that's out the window) .... Delivery for my location is only $3495 (not 5k) .... and, GGT is listed on all U.S. Monroney stickers as: $1700 (not 3.5k).

237k+3.5k+1.7k=$242k ...... $29,000 less than your locale !!
    You gotta move, bro.

Zero Sales Tax at my address of record (so that's out the window) .... Delivery for my location is only $3495 (not 5k) .... and, GGT is listed on all U.S. Monroney stickers as: $1700 (not 3.5k).

You gotta move, bro.
    All US should move to Montana haha

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    All US should move to Montana haha
    Sadly, still only 80mph (137kph) ....

You gotta move, bro.
    For real, I get butchered. Can't even buy out of state because they won't allow you to register the car without paying the local taxes. You have to pay taxes even if you sell the car to someone else in the state. People used the Oregon plate trick, but now its a borderline criminal offense and registering the car under a business in Montana is the only way to "safely" bypass taxes, but the police here dock those guys for everything including tints and no front plate.