Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Huracan breaking down

Huracan breaking down
    Firstly, lets just not say how great the car performs. I believe there is a lot more threads that covered that part of the car already.
    Instead, I am gonna talk about how many problems I have encountered with my car. It's more like a owners review (about my own H)

The car is a great car. But, after collecting it for two days, the passenger side (left side, HK is right hand drive) floor started to collect moisture. At first, we thought it was fine and normal. As we drove on, the floor started to change moitsure into water. It made the carpet all wet and I got a wet foot (follow the "triple blink and wet foot" thread for more). We are surprised, but nothing to be worried about as we soon figured it out a connecting tube from the windscreen had disconnected and fallen out. Not only that, we found out there is "fog" on the dash, making little dots on the dashboard. Then, the car went back to Lambo HK to attrach the mystery tube, dry it up for 2 days and we had collected the car back. Dashboard problem not sorted, as they cannot find it.

Then we thought, great! Now that we have a car to enjoy for at least a couple of years now on! Unfortunately, things did not go that way. after a week or two, the H was not able to switch to sport or corsa, air con disabled once started up. This is a big issue right here as appreantly in hk, summer season came already (34C)! We immediately called Lambo HK and sent the car back into the service centre.

After a week, we received a call from them, saying that they cannot find the problem and ask us kindly to collect the car. Well, we were happy about it as we can enjoy a great drive again! Not that easy my friend. Once arrive and once they helped us to started up the car. The annoying no air con and no switching mode problem pop up. At the end, we left the centre, not in the car, but in the MTR (train).

We are definitely not happy, as the car was back for a week and got nothing sorted out. But then we thought, at least it's better than finding the problem when we are going back home. Whatever.

At last, we got a call feom the service centre, saying that they have found the problem. We were told that there is a motherboard problem (bad connection, the italians!). They have to send reports to Itlay, and ask them to send out the parts. Fine, lets let them do their work.

Now, we were not as satisfied and were a bit moody, judging by the fact that it is a $4M HKD car (520,000USD) and it constantly breaks down! Not only that, the service centre seems to be slacking and not actually repairing our car. We called them and rushed them. We thought we might be to nice to them, and made them put our car as the last priority to fix, as they thought we can wait. Eventually, car was fixed on Friday, and ready to collect the car.

Yay right? Not at all. We arranged to collect the car this morning (Saturday morning in HK), only there to find out that by changing the motherboard and all the wires, it solved nothing! Problem is still there. We still decided to drive it out (screw it!) as we did not see the car a long time now. We will have it send back on Monday. Then, during the driving, we found out the car was not centered (see attachment)!

We are definitely not happy. For an expensive and brand new car, it is nuts to have this kind of problems!! We are quite pissed off!! I have to say though, the service centre is great on following the H with great service. The people in there also feels that it is quite embarrassing not being able to fix it and calling out their owner out for MTR rides (btw thats not their fault, problems appeared only when we were there to collect the car).

We now are starting to think that what will happen after 4000km or 2 years? After two months, six weeks or ownership and having the car back for 3weeks (nearly a month), will the car be a pain in the ass? We were quite disappointed on the car on the reliability side. Yea I know It's the Italians but still! These things should not happen on a brand new car! I know that usually the first few months, car might have weird issues (happened to the 7 series and good old panamera), but definitely not that much!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's still a great car. But we are disappointed on the car. We have less incentive to drive it out, as there might be other big issues appearing after a short drive!

(BTW, Verde Mantis always turns heads even in garage!)Huracan breaking down-image-jpg
    Attachment 1632
    Seriously, I dunno why it is reversed

Sounds like you have a lemon or a terrible service dept in HK. Either way you need to escalate to some executive somehow. Good luck and keep us updated on this unfortunate set of circumstances.
    2015 - 610-4 - NERO NOCTIS - SOLD

2016 - 580-2 - NERO NOCTIS - ON ORDER

Move to the USA, they have a lemon law.
    "...If you haven't been able to drive the car for 30 days or more because of the issue, you are then entitled to either a replacement new vehicle or a refund of your purchase price―Your choice."

Sounds like a lemon indeed but also a not so good service in HK. They clearly did not diagnosed the car properly if you ask me...

$520k usd??? that buys 2 cars here in u.s.
    2015 lp-610
    2015 Porsche GT3
    2010 BMW M6
    2015 Gmc sierra

Quote Originally Posted by 0-60 freak View Post
    $520k usd??? that buys 2 cars here in u.s.
    In Asia, Australia, India, etc there is a luxury tax that is 100% of the car price. A friend from Australia paid over 1 mil dollars for his Aventador...

definate lemon, i've done over 3k miles in 3 months without any issues at all.

yeah sounds odd your the first person i've heard of major problems like this. i have almost 4k on my huracan and its been a dream

Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    Service | Maintenance | Performance | Customization | Body and Paint | Audio/Video
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    mitch@famousautosports.com
    www.famousautosports.com

Mine has been perfect......Not back to the dealer in 3 months since new....

sounds like you have a lemon,

should be asking for a new car,
    try to go and claim to them,
    while it's still new,

Goodluck bro