Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wrap on Factory Matte Paint...

Wrap on Factory Matte Paint...
    Hey guys.

About 2 weeks out from my Matte Yellow Huracan (Giallo Horus) hitting the dealership.
    I have been recommended by dealer to get a wrap on it... but being as its Matte I am a bit concerned.
    I heard horror stories about residue being left over Matte Paint and it being ruined etc...

my DD is factory Matte gray from Mercedes and I never got a wrap on it.
    After a year however i have gotten some dings here and there...

Any suggestions/ personal experiences?... a bit stumped.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AMG G63 2016 (DAILY)
    Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 (WEEKEND)
    Range Rover Sport HSE (WIFEY)
    Toyota 4Runner 2016 (WORK)

Mercedes AMG C63 507 Edition - RIP 2016
    Infinity IPL G37 - RIP 2014
    Toyota Camry SE - RIP 2013
    Toyota Tacoma TRD - RIP 2012

Your dealer recommended it!?!? Go back and give them a slap from me!

Do not wrap your car with anything. Do not put stickers on the body if you do a rally. You take them off and your paint will go along with it. You have to sign a waiver if you get matte paint and the factory rock chip protection film as once you remove it, you're game over. I've seen a local aventador that screw his entire Nero nem matte finish by removing the protective film he got after he bought the car.

Pretty much you'll have to live with any marks. Even the factory matte paint from Mercedes (I have experience with the GLA45 AMG) suffers from this. My local dealer installed a half clear bra and the guy who bought it wanted a full so no line across the hood. They removed it and the the paint went bye bye. They had to order him a new car from another dealer.

It sucks, but goes with the territory. BMW Frozen M3's weren't allowed to have any film installed at all by any dealer as well.

I would definitely do it. Xpel offers it in matte, or gloss. I've seen Aventador fully wrapped with matte Xpel. Looked stunning.

Leave that car alone.....Dealers will recommend anything that makes them Thousands of Dollars of gravy money.... Some things are ok,but matting a brand new car is unnecessary..

I've seen several wrap their matte cars in matte clear film. I would call protective film solutions they do does an amazing job in Cali. They wrap tons of matte cars I would call them for advice..They wrapped Jay Leno's P1
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    Leave that car alone.....Dealers will recommend anything that makes them Thousands of Dollars of gravy money.... Some things are ok,but matting a brand new car is unnecessary..
    It's not the dealers I'm talking about.
    It's being done by independent detailer. I was lucky/fortunate enough that I found the detailer who did few Huracans, Aventadors and even Veneno.

Anyway, highly disagree with leaving, especially matte finish alone.

It is a shame to wrap a matte paint job. You should have just got regular paint, then used matte clear film.

Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    I've seen several wrap their matte cars in matte clear film. I would call protective film solutions they do does an amazing job in Cali. They wrap tons of matte cars I would call them for advice..They wrapped Jay Leno's P1
    Wrapping a metallic paint car means nothing.

Here are some BMW videos explaining not to even use microfibers on their matte cars.

https://youtu.be/khYHWhku-0E
    https://youtu.be/fZUzvhhyGR8

You can wrap it, but if you plan on ever removing it (which you will since bugs and gunk eventually get embedded into the film) you'll have a hell of a time dealing with the aftermath. If you're heart set on doing it, use Xpel Stealth only and even then by someone who is an industry vet. Even Yiannimize advises against doing it and they wrap exotics on a daily basis.

Esp on matte paint, I would wrap it. They have satin finishes on the clearbras now.... XPEL is the best if you ask me. That would be my suggestion.

Thanks all for your feedback.

Man.. seems like its a torn decision here... :/

Kaz.
    AMG G63 2016 (DAILY)
    Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 (WEEKEND)
    Range Rover Sport HSE (WIFEY)
    Toyota 4Runner 2016 (WORK)

Mercedes AMG C63 507 Edition - RIP 2016
    Infinity IPL G37 - RIP 2014
    Toyota Camry SE - RIP 2013
    Toyota Tacoma TRD - RIP 2012