Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forged Carbon Huracan Engine Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by Klauss View Post
    It seems now via ad personam the Huracan engine bay can be made from forged carbon. Some may like it but I would choose standard cf over this. Thoughts?
    I honestly don't understand how there is so much confusion with ordering. The upgraded rear window with carbon engine bay IS THE FORGED option (this has been an option since the launch of the car). As I mentioned in another thread last week, you can now ORDER the carbon engine bay as part of ad persom if you DO NOT WANT THE REAR WINDOW.

You were forced to get the rear window with the forged carbon engine bay. Now you can get just the rear window or just the carbon engine bay. Just like in the beginning you had to get magnetic suspension with the lift system, could not be separated, but now you can.

So long story short if you bought the car with the rear window you have the FORGED carbon engine bay and starting May, you can order the carbon engine bay with the standard rear if you want. Also, starting in July you can get the standard rear (not the window option, but the standard slit openings) in the same forged carbon fiber instead of the cheap plastic that is in its place now.

Quote Originally Posted by euro_sex View Post
    I honestly don't understand how there is so much confusion with ordering. The upgraded rear window with carbon engine bay IS THE FORGED option (this has been an option since the launch of the car). As I mentioned in another thread last week, you can now ORDER the carbon engine bay as part of ad persom if you DO NOT WANT THE REAR WINDOW.

You were forced to get the rear window with the forged carbon engine bay. Now you can get just the rear window or just the carbon engine bay. Just like in the beginning you had to get magnetic suspension with the lift system, could not be separated, but now you can.

So long story short if you bought the car with the rear window you have the FORGED carbon engine bay and starting May, you can order the carbon engine bay with the standard rear if you want. Also, starting in July you can get the standard rear (not the window option, but the standard slit openings) in the same forged carbon fiber instead of the cheap plastic that is in its place now.
    You are right, due to this ordering confusion some people may think that it's a different carbon that can be used but the material is the same... It's basically the composite forged carbon material that Lamborghini developed back in 2010 and it was first use in the Sesto Elemento.

asked my dealer..the rear glass still have to be with the carbon engine bay..hopefully before my build date (june/july) they are able to have the "seperated " option that i can still change..but may i ask , since i have already spec out my car, can i actually still make changes when so close to build dates without affecting delivery date ?

Quote Originally Posted by Auglm1 View Post
    asked my dealer..the rear glass still have to be with the carbon engine bay..hopefully before my build date (june/july) they are able to have the "seperated " option that i can still change..but may i ask , since i have already spec out my car, can i actually still make changes when so close to build dates without affecting delivery date ?
    This is something you need to ask your dealer, some manage to get a minimum delay, others don't...

it came stock on mine and exactly why i decided to make them out of real cf. i hated the look especially when everyone who saw it just asked me if it was dirty..... so annoyed but now i have it in cf

Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    Service | Maintenance | Performance | Customization | Body and Paint | Audio/Video
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    mitch@famousautosports.com
    www.famousautosports.com

anyone here already got a updated OPTION LIST that seperates the rear glass and cf engine panels ?

anyone .... ?

I would like to see them separate them also.
    Or, go back to standard carbon.