Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Audi R8 V10 Plus Startup Sound @ Geneva Motor Show by DoctaM3

Audi R8 V10 Plus Startup Sound @ Geneva Motor Show by DoctaM3

"For the first time you hear the new Audi R8 V10 Plus startup at the Geneva Motor show. David (ThatDudeinBlue) and I comment on the sound and look compared to its sibling the R8 e-Tron. What do you guys think of the new styling. Did the kill the iconic R8 or is this a win? Tell us why or why not."

I hear no exhaust crackles, so the Huracan is better, right?

Of course it is better. U see people upgrade from R8 to Lambor, another way around is ludicrous.

That just looks like an Audi TT.

No wonder it's 100k cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    Of course it is better. U see people upgrade from R8 to Lambor, another way around is ludicrous.
    Ditto. He was j/k obviously. The engine might be the same but the exhaust is definately not the same from what i've heard in this video, don't you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ULL View Post
    That just looks like an Audi TT.

No wonder it's 100k cheaper
    The TT looks better since it was the first car with that design, now the R8 looks just like an supersized copy of an TT...
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    I knew i was right haha

I think actually Klauss might be right, this vid is too short but the exhaust sounds definately different than on the Huracan.

All I know is, no pops and crackles = no R8. That pops and crackles is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo addicting, I don't care what anyone saids hahaha

The popping that is so bad axxx that hardly no other car does ,including the new R8 is due to the Huracans aggressive engine tuning(Not Exhaust) .Again,the Audi is nice,but is no Lamborghini.The more direct competition is the Porsche 911 Turbos.As many of us have 911 Turbos S as DD or have bumped up to the Huracans..You will see that the Huracan is faster also than the Audi when the numbers come out...

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    ...You will see that the Huracan is faster also than the Audi when the numbers come out...
    The numbers are out, and they are the same. Did you see some alternate performance numbers?
    Also, exactly what "aggressive engine tuning" did Lamborghini do to the Huracan engine vs. the R8 engine?
    Can you please give us those parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    The popping that is so bad axxx that hardly no other car does ,including the new R8 is due to the Huracans aggressive engine tuning(Not Exhaust) .
    My tech knowledge is limited, i just noticed the different exhaust note and of course, the lack of crackles
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Their is no real test numbers out on the new R8 like Road & Track and Car & Driver and others have conducted on the Huracan.HP rating means little,the totality of a car is what matters,meaning engine tune, DCT tuning ,gear ratios etc.and weight are most important...The Audi will run good,but again it will not be quite as fast a Huracan and will never look as good or be a Lamborghini .That is why a Huracan cost more $$$$...