Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sold The Huracan for a 911 turbo s

Sold The Huracan for a 911 turbo s
    Even though I haven't been posting a lot, I still figured I'd post this. I got the Huracan back in October and traded it last week with over 2k miles. I don't like just looking at cars in the garage, I want to drive them. I know a lot of people went from a 911 turbo s or 458 to the Huracan. I'm not saying one is necessarily better than the other. My preference right now is the turbo s. Its fast, more comfortable and a better weekly driver. I was sick of everyone taking pictures, video taping me, and I couldn't drive it to certain places. Most people can't tell the difference between a 80k Porsche and a 200k one which is good if you have employees...

Another big point was my dealership. I've had to take it back a few times for recalls and I hated the fact they didn't give loaners or pick it up. Busy folks don't have time to get a ride from someone else and I hated paying out of pocket to tow it there. I don't need a lambo as a loaner, I'd be fine with a chevy, honda, toyota, hyundai, jeep, whatever as long as it did the job. I had to go back 3 times for the same recall since the right part didn't come in, the part came in damaged, or so on. Not a service I expect when buying a 280k car. All my local Audi's, Mercedes, Bmw, Range Rover, and even Toyota dealerships all give out loaners. Haven't been to Porsche service yet, but I was told they do to. Also the lambo dealership offered me less for my Huracan then the Porsche dealer and another high end dealership. I was even trying to buy a used 911 turbo s that they had and found better numbers for both cars somewhere else. Amazing how a dealership can ruin a whole car experience and leave a bad taste in your mouth. I never even got a leather pouch for the books that come with the car or the model that other buyers got.

This is my first Porsche and I'm very impressed with it so far. It might not have the "wow" factor but its a very nice car and I think is just as fast as the Huracan. I LOVE having a sunroof again and a great stereo system plus the fact they key recognizes you and you don't need to take it out of your pocket for it to realize your there. I also scored points cause my kid can sit in the back when needed. I was thinking of getting a 458 spider but the dealer is run by the same dealership as the lambo dealership which isn't going to work for me.

Thinking of picking up a 2016 z06 to go with the 911 turbo s for the same money as the Huracan

Exotic car manufacturers and dealerships have developed a big ego lately and this leads them to not care about service, quality, and loyalty. Their only concern is the bottom line.
    Consequently, consumers have come to expect and accept sloppy service, low content, and poor quality as a norm.
    You reap what you sow.

p.s. good luck with your new car. enjoy!

It's sad that a dealer can make you create a bad image about a car model or brand.
    As you even said the turbo s and H are totally different cars, i would not even try to compare them.
    My question is obviously if that was the only Lambo dealer around but probably the answer is yes...
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Turbo Ss are excellent machines,had 2011 997 TS and now 2014 991 TS...I also have to be in the right frame of mind to deal with all that comes with driving my brand new Lamborghini,but The Huracan is so Bad Axx it is crazy fast and a blast to drive... My car has been perfect so far and my Lamborghini dealer the same...I do not expect any issues with them at all.I demand to be treated very good or I will tell them,and they know, I can buy many more toys from you in the future or nothing,that will work...
    If necessary,I will raise so much hell with the Bosses and Owners that they just do what I want.....Esp for such expensive cars....

You made a great choice with a Turbo S,but now ,get use to being lonely again,as no one will give ya a second look...

I too have had all models of turbo including the 991 s ......I recently acquired a 15' 991 gt3 and I am never interested in a turbo again! the naturally aspirated gt3 and 9k rpm is a formula on racer!! I understand completely on driving the huracan ....I see people all around me using their phone video while driving and makes me nervous they will crash....I tinted windows very dark so I just don't get stared at and you really cant park it unattended because you have idiots that mess with it!
    2015 lp-610
    2015 Porsche GT3
    2010 BMW M6
    2015 Gmc sierra

Off course both car are completely different, it is like if you compare a rolex (nice watch but very popular and not rare) to an Audemars Piguet or a tourbillon patek philip, Huracan is a masterpiece and this is it.
    when you Own and use this kind of car, you must know that it will be a iphone magnet and all the rest (positive or negative)

Enjoy your 911 turbo s, iam sure that this is a very nice car for every day use, confort, silent etc...

Good info on GT3...No way can you leave the Huracan alone,even people with good intention will swamp the car and we all know what the axxxholes will do....Always have your Protection with you....

I think that the comparation that Evilr did between a Porsche and a Rolex is accurate, definately it's a very good car but pretty common.
    I personally would have opted for an V10 R8, same money as the turbo s but with a v10 engine. Most likely different dealer too.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Everyone makes valid points. I've had a r8 v10 so I didn't want to go back and I've never owned a porsche. I also like the fact that I could put a kid in the back seat if needed. I know its common and that's one of the reasons I bought it. I want to look up more info on the new r8, it may be a perfect fit and I like my local Audi dealers. I also did look into the gt3, I just found the turbo s as more comfortable/lil faster and more practical for a daily/weekly driver then the gt3.

You made a great choice in the TS,I am hoping they will bump the HP to at least 600 in the 16 TS.If so,the 14 TS will be heading in for a 16.The TS is really the best all around ,super car that can and should be driven every day...

They are a Blast to Lanuch and you can do it all say long....