Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

...and my biggest gripe about the Huracan is....

...and my biggest gripe about the Huracan is....
    How it automatically applies the brakes every 30 seconds when you're driving in the rain.

OK, I get why you might want to keep the brake pads dry, but really, do you have to hit the brakes every 30 seconds? It's not just a gentle tap; its very noticeable - and very annoying. And it really gets old after an hour or so. Wants to make you drive without the wipers on just to avoid this. Where's that bottle of Rain-X?

Never heard of any car doing this,you sure the Huracan does? Did not see anything in owners manual.. So,say you are doing 75 on the highway cruising in the rain,the brakes come on???

If so, that that is crazy..Any one else have this happen ?????

Quote Originally Posted by doltmo View Post
    How it automatically applies the brakes every 30 seconds when you're driving in the rain.

OK, I get why you might want to keep the brake pads dry, but really, do you have to hit the brakes every 30 seconds? It's not just a gentle tap; its very noticeable - and very annoying. And it really gets old after an hour or so. Wants to make you drive without the wipers on just to avoid this. Where's that bottle of Rain-X?
    Say ... what?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Say ... what?
    Freaked me out. Thought I was having an engine problem - losing spark in a couple of cylinders for a couple of seconds, then back to normal. 30 seconds later it repeats. No change in engine sound, no roughness. Then I realized it was the brakes being applied. Really annoying. It stopped when I turned off the wipers.

Would REALLY not want to be driving on icy roads with this "feature"!

Page 239 in the US & Canada Owner's Handbook.

"without the driver's knowledge" --- Bull Friggin" s**t!
    Attached Images Attached Images ...and my biggest gripe about the Huracan is....-brakes-002-jpg 

Quote Originally Posted by doltmo View Post

Wow, this is new...
    Tech just keeps getting in the way of driver experience
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AMG G63 2016 (DAILY)
    Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 (WEEKEND)
    Range Rover Sport HSE (WIFEY)
    Toyota 4Runner 2016 (WORK)

Mercedes AMG C63 507 Edition - RIP 2016
    Infinity IPL G37 - RIP 2014
    Toyota Camry SE - RIP 2013
    Toyota Tacoma TRD - RIP 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No big deal, the 12C had that same feature ("Brake Disc Wiping") ...... But, it's just supposed to 'kiss the disc', not jolt you. Maybe the sensor that monitors it is faulty.

hmmm, very strange indeed, I guess it is a good safety measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubuntu View Post
    Maybe the sensor that monitors it is faulty.
    This could be an option or on the next software revisions they will apply less brake force on this system. doltmo, this is the first time you drove your H in the rain?

Yes, this was the first time I had the car out in the wet, or more accurately, it was the first time I used the wipers.

I experimented with it today in the dry. Seems like it takes a couple of wiper on-off cycles to trigger it and there's about a 45 second to 1 minute delay before the brake activation starts. Once it starts it's about 30 seconds between brake activations and it continues on for at least 2 to 3 cycles after the wipers are last used. You don't need to have the wipers on 100% - just a single wipe cycle every couple of minutes will trigger it.

I hope it's something that's adjustable and my car may be set up on the more aggressive end of the range. If not, the service shops are going to be getting a lot of complaints. Assuming of course that people drive these cars in the rain.