Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Car and Driver Huracan a ringer?

Car and Driver Huracan a ringer?
    After seeing the crazy quick 0-60 and 1/4 time and trap speed that Car and Driver published in their review and then seeing some videos of the Huracan doing some 1/4 mile runs that aren't close, one has to wonder if the C&D car was a ringer. 2.5 and 10.4 @ 135 mph just seems to good to be true. What do you guys think?

Did you see latest top gear where Stig got one of the top times around the top gear track and all of them were shocked??

They mentioned all the aspects of the test like what tires did they used, if the car was fully unlocked or not, etc. ?
    I hope you guys knew this, but this topic was brought in front by another member -> Hi from England....
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

I personally saw a brand new Hurcan go 10.50s @ 132 Mph. the first time the owner ran it.Stock tires....Yes,they will go this fast if the conditions are correct.I was at the track with my new Turbo S which runs 10.80s stock....I saw the Huracan run and the next day I went and bought a new one.(Very Impressed)I will tell you for sure,the Huracan is faster than my 997 /991 Turbo S...Any 10 second street car is Insane...

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    I personally saw a brand new Hurcan go 10.50s @ 132 Mph. the first time the owner ran it.Stock tires....Yes,they will go this fast if the conditions are correct.I was at the track with my new Turbo S which runs 10.80s stock....I saw the Huracan run and the next day I went and bought a new one.(Very Impressed)I will tell you for sure,the Huracan is faster than my 997 /991 Turbo S...Any 10 second street car is Insane...
    That's impressive! Was this at PBI? I'm in So Fl. too.

I agree it's faster than the 991 Turbo S...which is my daily driver. With launch control, I would have expected times closer and more consistent to what C&D was able to achieve. That said, I remember my Gallardos were definitely quicker with around 3,000 miles on the clock. Perhaps some of these newer cars just need to get some miles on them.

Just read the other post referenced above...Has anyone confirmed the ECU fully unlocks at 1,000 miles?

Quote Originally Posted by krutch View Post
    Just read the other post referenced above...Has anyone confirmed the ECU fully unlocks at 1,000 miles?
    Two members already seemed to confirm it, it probably is. That would be a nice gift after you break the first 1k miles on your H

Yes...Palm Beach Drag Strip/Speedway.......

Wow,you mean they get even faster after 1000 miles....That is great....I am not even close to that yet,but when I do I will be paying attention...

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    Yes...Palm Beach Drag Strip/Speedway.......

Wow,you mean they get even faster after 1000 miles....That is great....I am not even close to that yet,but when I do I will be paying attention...
    It seems so btw. I'm really surprised that the H is faster than the tts, i actually test drove one, that car launches so fast. But i guess in the end turbos are not enough to beat a v10.