Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car and Driver Huracan a ringer?
    Anybody else upset that the new R8 is running near the same specs as the H

But I guess the R8 is for the H owner that doesn't want to daily his H so they made the R8 just as performance oriented but in a more daily driver setting
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

The 911 Turbo S is just as quick as a Huracan from the start,but about half way thru the quarter mile the Huracan will just pull away.The trap speed on a Turbo S is around 126 mph and a Huracan is at least 132 ,so that is 6 mph faster in a quarter mile and the Huracan continues to pull away..Correct,even with twin turbos,the TS 6 cylinder can not stay with a 10 cylinder hp car...

For the $$$$,the Porsche 911 Turbo S /Audis are very good HP cars,but a Lamborghini Huracan is a a whole different level...

If one wants HP numbers,just go buy a 707 HP Dodge Charger and be happy,but a Huracan will still smoke the higher hp car....

Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post

But I guess the R8 is for the H owner that doesn't want to daily his H so they made the R8 just as performance oriented but in a more daily driver setting
    Thats really interesting what you say, i actually never thought about it this way, imagine the standard R8 version with a minimum of options would have a very accesible price and you can beat the crap out of it as DD but still having great performance

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    It seems so btw. I'm really surprised that the H is faster than the tts, i actually test drove one, that car launches so fast. But i guess in the end turbos are not enough to beat a v10.
    In this case it's down to simple physics...the 602 HP vs. 560 in the TTS and the roughly 160 lb weight difference. To 60 they're virtually identical with the TTS torque advantage overcoming the weight disadvantage, after that the Huracan pulls and never looks back.

Something interesting...the C&D Huracan only had 905km on the clock. That's 543 miles. That would mean the ECU is still locked....hmmm.

Exactly Correct on the Turbo s and Huracan...

Does anyone know the details about this locked computer under 1000 miles ??? Is this factual that more power is released after 1000 miles/how much ?????

Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    Face it ..... The new R8 is the same exact platform with a different body bolted to it. There is no difference between the two cars.
    It's a bit odd that the Audi R8 V10 has a ton of items as standard equipment, whereas the Huracan charges you extra for the exact same set up.
    The R8 gives you (@ no up charge): Navigation, Alcantara Headliner, Power Heated Seats, Back Up Cam with sensors, Cruise Control, Cupholder, etc.

It may have wings and fly to the moon but it's still and Audi hahaha

Squashed TT comes to mind too

Quote Originally Posted by krutch View Post
    Something interesting...the C&D Huracan only had 905km on the clock. That's 543 miles. That would mean the ECU is still locked....hmmm.
    The test drive cars and the first batch of customer delivered cars here in Europe supposedly were unlocked from beginning.