Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R8 plus pricing

R8 plus pricing
    Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    It it nice,but the Huracan is at a whole different level with looks and is way more exclusive.The extra money for a Lamborghini (if you have it) well spent.I also may buy another Huracan for the hell of it...

Got to let go of the 991 Turbo S.... Also,great machine,but ,nothing to a Huracan....
    Buy another one! u not serious !! lol, Trade in your turbo S and add some more money to buy an Avendador !

Quote Originally Posted by euro_sex View Post
    With 187k euros it'll be starting at 200k USD (R8 V10+ was 172k euros and 184k USD). Sadly we don't get Huracans for that cheap. The cheapest outgoing ok configuration is still 260k. That extra 60k is a very hard sell, personally the R8 interior is better as its refined and no dummy or blank switches. However the little paddles suck. I really hope there is something more to our 60k+ losses. Styling is questionable but everyone cried over the Huracan too so we have to wait for proper colors to appear. I'm not sure if the name alone is worth 60k anymore.

Before anyone saids some nonsense about paying for the brand and the lifestyle is better blah blah. Please only spew that bs if you've committed to the lifestyle. When someone shows me their Lambo with their Lambo phone ($7,000 S5) and their Lambo watch, we can talk. Most people wouldn't pay $6500 more for a Lamborghini phone even though it is exclusive and a lifestyle right? People pay for features and as of now I don't see any extra.

If the R8 has no lifting feature, then Huracan it is. Otherwise the Huracan is a money pisser
    Plus .... It's nice that Audi doesn't insult the customer by charging for Navigation; All for 60k less!

"The Audi R8 makes use of the latest technology in terms of infotainment. MMI Navigation Plus is installed as standard."

Quote Originally Posted by Rubuntu View Post
    Plus .... It's nice that Audi doesn't insult the customer by charging for Navigation; All for 60k less!

"The Audi R8 makes use of the latest technology in terms of infotainment. MMI Navigation Plus is installed as standard."
    I paid 4200 CAD for Navigation on my R8, only 3200 for my Huracan. The signature side blades cost 2800 CAD is more than the cost of Hurancan dynamic steering 2300 CAD. Stereo system on R8 costs 2300. The mount we paid for the options on Huracan are not bad at all!

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    Audi charges 4200 CAD for navigation and Audi Music interface. 2800 for side blade, 2300 for audio sound system . Not sure about the new Plus though. The mount we paid for the options on Huracan are not bad at all!
    Is your R8 a 2016MY ??
    Nav is free on the 2016 Audi R8. (Directly out of the Audi Press Release [Infotainment Section]
    https://www.audimediaservices.com/pu...sents_the.html
    Come on ..... You don't really think getting ripped off is "not bad at all" ?? Do you ?!

Wow same power and acceleration as Huracan!!

Just as I suspected price delta looks to be $60k given same options although the car is nowhere near as nice looking as a Huracan.

Question is I really wonder if this would affect the Huracan demand and market in any negative way??

Quote Originally Posted by Rubuntu View Post

Is your R8 a 2016MY ??
    Nav is free on the 2016 Audi R8. (Directly out of the Audi Press Release [Infotainment Section]
    https://www.audimediaservices.com/pu...sents_the.html
    Come on ..... You don't really think getting ripped off is "not bad at all" ?? Do you ?!
    Mine is 2014. The H is an expensive ride by all means. Being ripped off is really a subjective matter. Lambo is in a league with Ferrari, McLaren?. Do they charge for Navigations? The starting price of Audi 2016 will be higher than the old model, It is not like Audi giving out free Navi. I join you on an online petition for free lambo navi. A few years ago, when I sat in a Ferrari 360 for the first time, I was shocked to see how crude and stark the interior was, no radio, no carpet! the frame of the car was somewhat exposed. It did not look like a finished product. These supercars had a history of lacking interior innovations, it has come a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso View Post
    Wow same power and acceleration as Huracan!!

Just as I suspected price delta looks to be $60k given same options although the car is nowhere near as nice looking as a Huracan.

Question is I really wonder if this would affect the Huracan demand and market in any negative way??
    If the Audi R8 plus 2016 had been released before you purchased H, would you have bought the R8 plus instead of the H which was 60000 more expensive? IMO, Price delta is gonna be less 60000 USD though.

Quote Originally Posted by xudaniel1949 View Post
    If the Audi R8 plus 2016 had been released before you purchased H, would you have bought the R8 plus instead of the H which was 60000 more expensive? IMO, Price delta is gonna be less 60000 USD though.
    To answer your question I would have still bought a Huracan but just annoying that the R8 has not been detuned at all to protect the Huracan buyers that's all.

My car was $282k but pretty much fully loaded so if you take a fully loaded R8 plus I am sure it won't get over $222k or not by very much anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso View Post
    To answer your question I would have still bought a Huracan but just annoying that the R8 has not been detuned at all to protect the Huracan buyers that's all.

My car was $282k but pretty much fully loaded so if you take a fully loaded R8 plus I am sure it won't get over $222k or not by very much anyways.
    Let s wait and see. Audi is going to take orders for R8 2016 soon. If USD 60000 is the case, I will be annoyed too. hehe Especially with weakening Canadian Dollars, it is interesting to see how they going to price it in Canada

R8 will hurt Huracan market IMHO with exact same engine for $75k +/- difference.