Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Lamborghini Huracan Race Exhaust

Put over 500 miles on the car over the weekend, I feel the race exhaust is not loud at all. Completely liveable.
    Externally, I followed the H from behind, which was driven in sport mode and you can barely hear the exhaust during normal cruising and mild accelerations.
    It is no where near as aggressive as my old turbo s with a fabspeed catless exhaust.
    For those who are looking to enhance the OEM sound, this is it. For those who want the aftermarket sound and be noticed from blocks away, don't think this is the right exhaust for you. However, I only have 600 miles on the car, perhaps it gets louder later.
    ----------------
    2015 Huracan LP610-4 with OEM race exhaust
    2014 Novitec Quattroporte GTS
    2015 991 TTS Cab TechArt + Cobb Stage 2(gone)

Anyone get it done in the USA at a reasonable cost?

My dealer quoted me $13k installed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimspeed View Post
    Anyone get it done in the USA at a reasonable cost?

My dealer quoted me $13k installed!
    There are so many top quality aftermarket exhaust right now at half the price. You should check their offers too first.

I had a huracan owner with non sport exhaust to test drive my car, from the inside he said it does sound different, deeper and fuller but not much louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------

Quote Originally Posted by jyupitt1 View Post
    Put over 500 miles on the car over the weekend, I feel the race exhaust is not loud at all. Completely liveable.
    Externally, I followed the H from behind, which was driven in sport mode and you can barely hear the exhaust during normal cruising and mild accelerations.
    It is no where near as aggressive as my old turbo s with a fabspeed catless exhaust.
    For those who are looking to enhance the OEM sound, this is it. For those who want the aftermarket sound and be noticed from blocks away, don't think this is the right exhaust for you. However, I only have 600 miles on the car, perhaps it gets louder later.
    I had a huracan owner with non sport exhaust to test drive my car, from the inside he said it does sound different, deeper and fuller but not much louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just to clarify, you have the RACING or SPORT exhaust on you car? The sport exhaust is available as a factory installed option. The race exhaust is a dealer installed option. I looked through your previous posts ]

If you look at the grafts regarding decibels between the stock, sport, and race exhausts which is posted in another thread you will see that the sport exhaust is actually quieter than the stock at high rpm but louder at lower and mid rpm. The race is much louder throughout the entire rpm range.

Lamborghini Huracan Race Exhaust-exhaust-1-jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]3260[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images Lamborghini Huracan Race Exhaust-exhaust-2-jpg 

Quote Originally Posted by breakskeet View Post
    Just to clarify, you have the RACING or SPORT exhaust on you car? The sport exhaust is available as a factory installed option. The race exhaust is a dealer installed option. I looked through your previous posts ]

If you look at the grafts regarding decibels between the stock, sport, and race exhausts which is posted in another thread you will see that the sport exhaust is actually quieter than the stock at high rpm but louder at lower and mid rpm. The race is much louder throughout the entire rpm range.

Lamborghini Huracan Race Exhaust-exhaust-1-jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]3260[/ATTACH
    I have doubled checked and verified parts number that I have the race exhaust. Parts number OR7140049. If you look at the dB gain, its about 15 percent louder than stock, which is spot on with the review from another owner, who had a stock system and then drove mine.
    ----------------

I have doubled checked and verified parts number that I have the race exhaust. Parts number OR7140049. If you look at the dB gain, its about 15 percent louder than stock, which is spot on with the review from another owner, who had a stock system and then drove mine.
    It is way more than a 15% difference. Decibel figures are a logarithmic scale and not a linear scale. The difference between 102 and 88 is huge! This translates into the race exhaust being about 3 times louder!

For example, OSHA says you can work 8 hrs a day at 90dB but only 1.5 hrs a day at 102dB.

For comparison:
    A whisper 30dB
    Normal conversation 65dB
    Level at where sustained exposure may result in hearing loss 90dB
    Power saw at 3' 110dB
    Rock concert 115dB
    Pain begins 125dB
    Jet engine at 100' (loudest exposure with hearing protection, even short exposure without protection can cause permanent damage) 140dB
    12ga shotgun 165dB
    Hearing tissue death 180dB
    Loudest sound possible 194dB

Lamborghini Huracan Race Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by breakskeet View Post
    It is way more than a 15% difference. Decibel figures are a logarithmic scale and not a linear scale. The difference between 102 and 88 is huge! This translates into the race exhaust being about 3 times louder!

For example, OSHA says you can work 8 hrs a day at 90dB but only 1.5 hrs a day at 102dB.

For comparison:
    A whisper 30dB
    Normal conversation 65dB
    Level at where sustained exposure may result in hearing loss 90dB
    Power saw at 3' 110dB
    Rock concert 115dB
    Pain begins 125dB
    Jet engine at 100' (loudest exposure with hearing protection, even short exposure without protection can cause permanent damage) 140dB
    12ga shotgun 165dB
    Hearing tissue death 180dB
    Loudest sound possible 194dB
    Gotcha, thanks for this. Now I remember from back in the days when I was installing sound systems in the car myself, It's been a while!

Still, in reality the race is not much louder than stock, unless i have the incorrect exhaust installed. I gain nothing by bashing my own car but it's just not that loud!

https://instagram.com/p/BEkI0iWIu2o/

As matter of factor, wife said she likes the huracan better because it was quieter than my old turbo s with Fabspeed catless Lamborghini Huracan Race Exhaust
    ----------------

This sounds like stock exhaust to me, not a race exhaust, which is much louder.