Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Abed's Fabspeed Supersport Exhaust install thread
    SO how hard was it to get the rear of the car off?...rear wheel removal mandatory? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Navydoc View Post
    SO how hard was it to get the rear of the car off?...rear wheel removal mandatory? Thanks in advance
    Rear wheel and under tray is mandatory.
    Since I had no instructions or step by step it took me 15 hours total. Most of that carefully looking over the parts and panels figuring out what needs to be removed to take things off safely.
    This is relatively easy if you are careful, but it is VERY time consuming and you really need to keep all the parts with their nuts and bolts organized.
    If you have never removed body panels and never installed an exhaust before I recommend you do not make your first attempt on the Huracan. Pay a pro to do it. If this is not your first rodeo then put aside a good 8+ hours to get the job done. You will need at least one person to help you out.
    Reinstalling the rear bumper is best done with 3 people.

Video recording does not do the exhaust justice. In Strada (valves closed) the sound is tame as is the volume. In Sport and Corsa it is deafening.
    The coolest thing about this exhaust is that there is no drone in motion, Nada, nunca, nil. It's amazing. There is a slight hint of drone at idle when parked and valves open. That's it. From 1000 RPM all the way to 8500 RPM no drone what so ever. Great job Fabspeed!

Abed, incredible video! I will get this clip added to our website. Thanks again for taking the time to create the clip, and share your opinion on your experience with our product. I am glad I could help get our system onto your car We are currently revising the installation instructions and will be adding them in .PDF form onto the website. Anyone who likes what they are reading/hearing, feel free to message me with any questions regarding our system...there are a few left on the shelf ready to ship!
    Last edited by Fabspeed_Motorsport; 06-01-2016 at 03:18 PM.

j was looking for this thread.... gonna attempt installation this weekend maybe too....
    will try to document ....
    any info on factory tip ...does it just slip on or goes thru or what ? the nut/bolt that goes on the rubber bracket, flange.... is that from oem or supplied with exhaust? I can't find move so.... that's a lot of hours.... dang...

Abed's Fabspeed Supersport Exhaust install thread

Quote Originally Posted by jjrho View Post
    j was looking for this thread.... gonna attempt installation this weekend maybe too....
    will try to document ....
    any info on factory tip ...does it just slip on or goes thru or what ? the nut/bolt that goes on the rubber bracket, flange.... is that from oem or supplied with exhaust? I can't find move so.... that's a lot of hours.... dang...
    The tips are attached to the bumper, they just slide over the exhaust pipes.
    No nuts or bulge came with my exhaust. I went to home depot and got a class 10 m10 1.5 nut that I used with the bolt that held the original exhaust to the lower mounts. I put some thread lock on so that the two metals don't bind from the heat.
    I also went to NAPA and got 5 feet of 1/8 inch heavy duty rubber hose to connect the air line from the car to the valves on the exhaust along with 4 compression clamps for it. The hose that comes with the exhaust was the right size for the car but wrong (too large) for the valve. The 1/8 inch will be a VERY tight fit on the cars hose, use some lubricant.
    Took many hours trying to figure out all the right bolts etc...
    BTW, Do not remove the bumper from the lower body panel, they come off as one piece. This will save you much pain and headache.
    I am.going to do the write up this weekend.
    Tools you will need:
    T25, T27, T30, T50 bits and screw drivers.
    10mm bit
    Flash light
    Assortment of pliers.
    Tools that will be helpful :
    Magnet pulling tool
    Inspection camera
    Grabber tool

fabspeed installation

Quote Originally Posted by abedh View Post
    The tips are attached to the bumper, they just slide over the exhaust pipes.
    No nuts or bulge came with my exhaust. I went to home depot and got a class 10 m10 1.5 nut that I used with the bolt that held the original exhaust to the lower mounts. I put some thread lock on so that the two metals don't bind from the heat.
    I also went to NAPA and got 5 feet of 1/8 inch heavy duty rubber hose to connect the air line from the car to the valves on the exhaust along with 4 compression clamps for it. The hose that comes with the exhaust was the right size for the car but wrong (too large) for the valve. The 1/8 inch will be a VERY tight fit on the cars hose, use some lubricant.
    Took many hours trying to figure out all the right bolts etc...
    BTW, Do not remove the bumper from the lower body panel, they come off as one piece. This will save you much pain and headache.
    I am.going to do the write up this weekend.
    Tools you will need:
    T25, T27, T30, T50 bits and screw drivers.
    10mm bit
    Flash light
    Assortment of pliers.
    Tools that will be helpful :
    Magnet pulling tool
    Inspection camera
    Grabber tool
    good post…. so, the bolt is needed cause the oem exh. has a bolt welded onto it for the lower bracket mounting?

on the 1/8" rubber hose…. my box came with a blue colored tubing and it seems to slide over the vacuum line for the valve ok but almost seems like a clamp would hold it on there better so, I was planning to do that… now, on the car side of that tubing, does it connect to another flexible hose or does it connect to some steel vacuum pipe/conduit ? you are saying the car side air connection is to another hose, not a solid piece ? and you still used a compression clamp to hold it steady, even though it was tight to put in ? it won't clamp and shut the vacuum line off with a clamp over two soft/flexible tubings ?

why the magnet puller, camera, grabber ? am i going to drop screws in some crevice?

thanks for your info…

james R
    '16 580-2

Quote Originally Posted by jjrho View Post
    good post…. so, the bolt is needed cause the oem exh. has a bolt welded onto it for the lower bracket mounting?

on the 1/8" rubber hose…. my box came with a blue colored tubing and it seems to slide over the vacuum line for the valve ok but almost seems like a clamp would hold it on there better so, I was planning to do that… now, on the car side of that tubing, does it connect to another flexible hose or does it connect to some steel vacuum pipe/conduit ? you are saying the car side air connection is to another hose, not a solid piece ? and you still used a compression clamp to hold it steady, even though it was tight to put in ? it won't clamp and shut the vacuum line off with a clamp over two soft/flexible tubings ?

why the magnet puller, camera, grabber ? am i going to drop screws in some crevice?

thanks for your info…

james R
    '16 580-2
    You need a NUT from the store, the bolt is already included in the car :-)
    The exhaust has a nut welded in to it.
    My Fabspeed exhaust came with a black plastic hose, so maybe they have different parts at different times.
    The hose connects to the car end to a vacuum pipe, not a tube, and if you use the 1/8 inch rubber hose I used it is a very tight fit. You will not use ANY of the tubes and hoses that came with the original exhaust. All those go out.
    You are likely to drop a bolt from the air boxes down into the engine bay area. Without those tools I recommend there is a good chance you wont be finding it again.

fab exh. instrall

Quote Originally Posted by abedh View Post
    You need a NUT from the store, the bolt is already included in the car :-)
    The exhaust has a nut welded in to it.
    My Fabspeed exhaust came with a black plastic hose, so maybe they have different parts at different times.
    The hose connects to the car end to a vacuum pipe, not a tube, and if you use the 1/8 inch rubber hose I used it is a very tight fit. You will not use ANY of the tubes and hoses that came with the original exhaust. All those go out.
    You are likely to drop a bolt from the air boxes down into the engine bay area. Without those tools I recommend there is a good chance you wont be finding it again.
    right on, i'm gonna goto home depot or lowes and see if i can find that same nut…
    vacuum pipe on car end makes sense… they sent me a blue silicone like tube, i think it won't collapse under vacuum but will see…it connects well to the vacuum valve on the exhaust side but i don't know how it would fit on the car vacuum pipe side…

Which is larger, the car vac. pipe side or the exh. vac.valve side ??? depending on, i may have to do what you did too…

ok, was at costco and they had a 2.4" camera for like $60. so got that… just have to get a flexible retrieving tool now…
    and all the TORQ bits…

i noticed some pictures on google; where they put painters tape on the edges….do you think that would help from scratching the car i suppose….

first thing i gotta do is wrap the new exhaust…i got a 2" and 4" DEI titanium exhaust wraps in 100' lengths so…have planty… gonna get some large compression clamps to really hold those things in place…

BTW, how far is is the new exh. tips recessed in relation to the factory ext. tip sleeves that are attached to the body ?

i need to know this cause i want to wrap but not it be visible from tail pipe end… that would not be cool… i figure on stopping it at the bend points on all 4 pipes but….

i 'll give you a ring before i get started though…

thanks,

jR

'16 LP580-2
    "RGN BULL"
    Last edited by jjrho; 06-06-2016 at 01:02 AM. Reason: addition issues

Why do you want to wrap the exhaust? That seems superfluous. The stock heat shields fit right over the Fabspeed exhaust.
    The valves on the Fabspeed exhaust have smaller diameter pipes than the ones on the car.
    The exhaust pipes go in a out an inch or so shy of the end of the exhaust tips. Basically from right after the bend in the pipe they fit in the tips.
    You can definitely use painters tape to prevent scratching. I did not, but I had lots of padded furniture pads on my garage floor to keep the parts off the concrete.