Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fabspeed installed

Fabspeed installed
    So, last Friday ... it happened. Went to Fabspeed early morning and after 5 hours, ta daa!!!

No sound clips (yet). One thing I have to say, before I've had a beautiful chamber music in the engine bay. Now I have a full orchestra!
    The sound is A M A Z I N G!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    So, last Friday ... it happened. Went to Fabspeed early morning and after 5 hours, ta daa!!!

No sound clips (yet). One thing I have to say, before I've had a beautiful chamber music in the engine bay. Now I have a full orchestra!
    The sound is A M A Z I N G!
    looks great! i'm really leaning towards fabspeed, ipe is constantly contacting me to use theirs......I just don't like the separate remotes....please post sound!
    2015 lp-610
    2015 Porsche GT3
    2010 BMW M6
    2015 Gmc sierra

Quote Originally Posted by 0-60 freak View Post
    looks great! i'm really leaning towards fabspeed, ipe is constantly contacting me to use theirs......I just don't like the separate remotes....please post sound!
    Beside the sound which I have to learn how to record with gopro+posting, there is very noticeable boost/gain in the midrange 4500 rpms and up. Bit hard to describe. Suddenly, the car just opens up.

It looks good but we definately need a sound clip!
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Im in for the soundclip.
    2018 Huracan Performante arancio borealis, HRE P101
    2018 991.2 GT3 Sapphire blue metallic IPE Titanium Exhaust, HRE R101LW
    2015 Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe - HRE P204
    2016 Mercedes S550 Coupe - Matte white

Looks great. Fill us in on droan. Can't deny the Xpipe sound but it does have that tendency. 0-60 freak I think we need clarity on the dual remote. It is an optional feature that only enhance control of the sound. Shouldn't be a factor that hinders yours choice. As previously mentioned you can still maintain factory steering wheel functionality. The remote comes useful when you are in comfort but what valves open etc. As I've mentioned I'm happy to offer Huracantalk pricing on any system, we just have done the research to provide a guide in terms of customer expectation vs exhaust company.

Quote Originally Posted by 1016IND View Post
    Looks great. Fill us in on droan. Can't deny the Xpipe sound but it does have that tendency. 0-60 freak I think we need clarity on the dual remote. It is an optional feature that only enhance control of the sound. Shouldn't be a factor that hinders yours choice. As previously mentioned you can still maintain factory steering wheel functionality. The remote comes useful when you are in comfort but what valves open etc. As I've mentioned I'm happy to offer Huracantalk pricing on any system, we just have done the research to provide a guide in terms of customer expectation vs exhaust company.
    You keep using the word droan. What do you mean by it?

Droan is noise inside the cabin under cruising conditions. We had to put sound deadening material on the fire wall of a lot of R8's to avoid this problem. Its the trade off of eliminating mufflers and using resonators instead. Sound is great but there is nothing to mitigate low to mid rpm cruising noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    You keep using the word droan. What do you mean by it?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1016IND View Post
    Droan is noise inside the cabin under cruising conditions. We had to put sound deadening material on the fire wall of a lot of R8's to avoid this problem. Its the trade off of eliminating mufflers and using resonators instead. Sound is great but there is nothing to mitigate low to mid rpm cruising noise.
    I think droan\drone is subjective. Some people hate it, some people do not consider it drone. Some would say my 599 drones with the 2nd cat delete and custom exhaust, but Ive never heard a complaint and everyone loves it. Ive taken the car on the GoldRush Rally even on long road trips and the "drone" did not bug me or my passenger. It does have valve control too tho

Quote Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
    I think droan\drone is subjective. Some people hate it, some people do not consider it drone. Some would say my 599 drones with the 2nd cat delete and custom exhaust, but Ive never heard a complaint and everyone loves it. Ive taken the car on the GoldRush Rally even on long road trips and the "drone" did not bug me or my passenger. It does have valve control too tho
    Agree, very subjective and individual. As individual as one's fingerprint.
    Other words, how much sugar do you put in your coffee to be sweet enough?