Exhaust flames like Aventador?

Exhaust flames like Aventador?
    Not sure if it was covered already, how to achieve same result with Huracan like with an Aventador, shooting bursts of flames when revving or driving. Going catless? Which aftermarket exhaust gives this effect?

Quote Originally Posted by F1_BOSS View Post
    Not sure if it was covered already, how to achieve same result with Huracan like with an Aventador, shooting bursts of flames when revving or driving. Going catless? Which aftermarket exhaust gives this effect?
    My tech knowledge is limited, however the flames are something related more to the ECU than the exhaust itself. The Huracan ECU first needs to be cracked before we will see any flames.

A combination of exhaust and indeed the computer.

When you are at high RPM, the engine is sucking in air and the computer is dumping fuel in to compensate. When you lift the throttle, the air supply is reduced, but for that moment before the computer can dial back the injectors, it's dumping with no air to combust with, so it passes right through and into the exhaust. Some cars are tuned to run more aggressively, i.e. you'll see less flames, as the mixture is too lean, and some more conservatively, flames, black smoke out the tailpipes and soot all over the back of the car. So if you run the RPMs in the mid range causing the manifold to get hot enough to ignite this unburnt fuel and then stab the throttle, you might get flames.

Please don't try it like this guy
    https://youtu.be/mtyrzo3J_XU
    Hendrik @ BaanVelgen

Your source for High Performance parts

http://www.baanvelgen.com/skin/front...mages/logo.png

I only know that flames are a sign of burning fuel non-efficiency. I'm sure that with an aftermarket exhaust and ECU upgrade you can make an Huracan shooting flames.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Stay posted...we will see if we can do it with the ECU. I really honestly doubt it should be hard. ECU is cracked just have to find time to get one onto a dyno to test it out.

And yes you need to get the exhaust really hot in any case. The Aventadors and Mclarens you see ripping flames dont need it because they produce so much heat factory and mostly do not have cats in them. Most have no tuning done whatsoever. Titanium is more difficult to create flames as it dissipates heat much better

Post Pictures or Videos please!!

If someone will send in their ECU to me I'm sure we can make it happen. I will be in california to calibrate our demo car in a few weeks. I'm not entire sure its possible. Which our "Stage 2" limited edition exhaust system yes it will indeed be possible regardless of the tune but that will be in a few months and be a limited production run

i can tell you with no cats on mine it will do a little baby one every now and then. nothing like the aventadors we do. now it can be done but you kill the mileage and the car due to the amount of fuel you have to add to do it. on a direct injection car its super efficient on fuel hence why we get great mileage out of the car. i did tune mine but for performance not flames. in doing so flames are the last thing you want if your trying to get max power out of it.

Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    Service | Maintenance | Performance | Customization | Body and Paint | Audio/Video
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    mitch@famousautosports.com
    www.famousautosports.com