Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which exhaust would you chose?

Which exhaust would you chose?
    I'm at the stage (passed 1000 miles) where I'm ready to upgrade my exhaust system. Spent last 3 days to read and re read whatever I can on different possibilities. Maybe I'm overloaded with all the info, I'm so far I'm between Fabspeed (local guys + nice Father's Day promo) and the dealer pushing really hard their aftermarket upgrade. Any help from guys who either did it, or could compare in real life different offerings?

Much appreciated.

Check out our video with the IPE exhaust. It really does pay to have the ability to have full valve control. DM me for special pricing

Really leaning towards Fabspeed my self , they are full valve control and works with steering wheels control .....I looked on website and did not see a fathers day special. I was considering armytix, but keep going back to fabspeed......oem racing exhaust is way overpriced!
    2015 lp-610
    2015 Porsche GT3
    2010 BMW M6
    2015 Gmc sierra

Quote Originally Posted by 0-60 freak View Post
    Really leaning towards Fabspeed my self , they are full valve control and works with steering wheels control .....I looked on website and did not see a fathers day special. I was considering armytix, but keep going back to fabspeed......oem racing exhaust is way overpriced!
    Trust me, they do have one @ 10% off, i just don't want to promote other website.

The ipe makes peak 43 ft lbs of torque and peak about 35whp and weight reduction is similar. Retail is $6400 vs $5995. Happen to match their special pricing. I really thing it is worth the upgrade. I tried FI on my car and didn't like it and switched to IPE and haven't looked back. Quality and the remote control behind the steering wheel control gives you maximum flexibility.

-Peter

Quote Originally Posted by 1016IND View Post
    The ipe makes peak 43 ft lbs of torque and peak about 35whp and weight reduction is similar. Retail is $6400 vs $5995. Happen to match their special pricing. I really thing it is worth the upgrade. I tried FI on my car and didn't like it and switched to IPE and haven't looked back. Quality and the remote control behind the steering wheel control gives you maximum flexibility.

-Peter
    ipe website says 10hp gain?
    2015 lp-610
    2015 Porsche GT3
    2010 BMW M6
    2015 Gmc sierra

That's redline....peak gains are mid range.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    I'm at the stage (passed 1000 miles) where I'm ready to upgrade my exhaust system. Spent last 3 days to read and re read whatever I can on different possibilities. Maybe I'm overloaded with all the info, I'm so far I'm between Fabspeed (local guys + nice Father's Day promo) and the dealer pushing really hard their aftermarket upgrade. Any help from guys who either did it, or could compare in real life different offerings?

Much appreciated.
    Reading wont get you too far outside the basic options i.e. valved, remote control, Ti or SS. You REALLY have to hear them in person, and under load with down shifts to really tell, videos never are the right way to tell either. This is hard though and will probably be some time before anyone gets a chance to really hear them all in person, Im still on the fence myself after 2 months of research but about to pull the trigger

That said I don't think you can go wrong with the Fabspeed option, especially with them being local.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
    Reading wont get you too far outside the basic options i.e. valved, remote control, Ti or SS. You REALLY have to hear them in person, and under load with down shifts to really tell, videos never are the right way to tell either. This is hard though and will probably be some time before anyone gets a chance to really hear them all in person, Im still on the fence myself after 2 months of research but about to pull the trigger

That said I don't think you can go wrong with the Fabspeed option, especially with them being local.
    This would be ideal indeed. Another interesting aspect is what material do you want your exhaust to be: steel, titanium or inconel. As you know you get different sound tones from different materials.

Went with Fabspeed. They have good reputation, they are local and all American made.
    Will report before and after, maybe video? (I know it's not the same as in person)