Thread: Hide Food

Hybrid View

I was thinking about it. Wanted to get more opinions before I go ahead and get some
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    I was thinking about it. Wanted to get more opinions before I go ahead and get some
    Leatherique Prestine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenation Oil work great for Lamborhini seats. $100 for the combo, the oil can be used annually while the cleaner can be used just about any time you want.

Quote Originally Posted by AestheticDetail View Post
    Leatherique Prestine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenation Oil work great for Lamborhini seats. $100 for the combo, the oil can be used annually while the cleaner can be used just about any time you want.
    And I just apply it via towel and wipe down my seats basically?
    1954 Corvette

And I just apply it via towel and wipe down my seats basically?
    Yes, use Prestine Clean by liberally spraying it directly onto your seats. Using a microfiber cloth, wipe it of and you'll see the dirt start to lift almost immediately. Oiling the seats is a more lengthier process, if you're up to truing a DIY, I can definitely go into detail about it. But if you are hesitant, take your car to a professional that is familiar with Leatherique Oil. The oil works great because it keeps your seats looking rich and prevents fading and cracking.

Also, to protect the leather, I would suggest layering a hydrophobic coating onto it which would bead any sort of spill right off the seat. Dr Beasleys, CQuartz, and Gyeon all offer products that would protect leather.

Quote Originally Posted by AestheticDetail View Post
    Yes, use Prestine Clean by liberally spraying it directly onto your seats. Using a microfiber cloth, wipe it of and you'll see the dirt start to lift almost immediately. Oiling the seats is a more lengthier process, if you're up to truing a DIY, I can definitely go into detail about it. But if you are hesitant, take your car to a professional that is familiar with Leatherique Oil. The oil works great because it keeps your seats looking rich and prevents fading and cracking.

Also, to protect the leather, I would suggest layering a hydrophobic coating onto it which would bead any sort of spill right off the seat. Dr Beasleys, CQuartz, and Gyeon all offer products that would protect leather.
    Have you ever used ceramic pro's products... I've heard things about it but they tried to get me to do a coating for them and they were very persistent but I never ended up doing anything. Is it good or bad, and does it hurt the paint at all
    1954 Corvette

Have you ever used ceramic pro's products... I've heard things about it but they tried to get me to do a coating for them and they were very persistent but I never ended up doing anything. Is it good or bad, and does it hurt the paint at all
    Ceramic Pro is starting to get traction within the Unitee States. They have a very large presence overseas as do other coating systems. I've never personally used Ceramic Pro but it does have similar properties to the ceramic coatings out now including Modesta, CQuartz Finest, Gyeon Quartz etc. Coatings don't hurt the paint. On the contrary they provide depth, gloss, and resistance against swirl marks. My preference lies with Modesta and Gyeon, primarily because these are the two that I offer to my clients.

It is important to understand that if you ever did decide to get a coating done, the entire car should be swirl free. Meaning the car should go under paint correction to bring the paint to near flawless. Biggest benefit to coatings besides the ones mentioned above, would be maintenance. The hydrophobic properties of the coating allow for easy clean up. You can pressure wash pretty much anything off the car because dirt and water slide right off the paint.

I just did a BMW i8 last week coated it with Modesta BC-05. The color not only pops remarkably but it's now highly reflective. Ceramic Pro's 9H coating is supposed to be compete with Modesta BC-05. But as I mentioned my preference is with Modesta.