Finally did my first detail....

So, I had my car actually delivered on New Years Day, but I haven't had a chance to actually drive it - Canadian winter, albeit a very mild one, but with the associated salt and gravel on the roads, precluded me doing so. Since delivery, I have put on a massive.... 12 kilometres. Recently, I finally got the chance to get the new car prep done.
    As many of you guys know, brand new Lamborghinis (and in fact, most exotics (Ferrari and Alfa Romeo are atrocious!)) usually come from the factory with a ton of defects. I was fortunate - I believe that the dealership had hired a specific detailer prior to having the car delivered, as they noted how careful I was with the paint on my Gallardo previously. There were a few noticeable defects, but not many, thankfully - none really worth taking pictures of. There were some significant holograms on the rear bumper that were easily corrected, and a few swirls here and there, but nothing even requiring anything even remotely close to compounding. It was actually the easiest detail I've ever done, which was a nice change, as some of the cars I've done recently have been a bear!

I used:

-CarPro Iron X Snow soap
    -Menzerna Power Finish on a Lake Country white pad - mostly with Flex 3401, followed by Menzerna Super Finish 4500 on a black Flex pad, using Flex PE8. It took longer of course, as I basically did the whole car with a 3" pad, but I didn't mind - I like the control that I get from the smaller pad, and I didn't have to rush, at all, and I prefer using a rotary to jewel the paint.
    -Wipe down with CarPro Eraser, twice.
    -Wolfgang Über Ceramic Coating to the paint, CarPro CQuartz DLux to the wheels (wheels removed, cleaned, and coated)(Those stupid stickers that Lambo puts on the wheel barrels are brutal - what do they use for adhesive, super glue??? ). I thought long and hard about this one, vacillating between the Wolfgang and an unopened bottle of CQuartz UK that I have, but I really was curious about the Uber Ceramic, as the reports have been stellar.
    -This was the first time I've used the Microfibre Madness Crazy Pile - wow. They are an amazing towel!

Here are some pics - I am a physician by trade, not a detailer (clearly, haha), and have no affiliation with any of the companies whose products I have mentioned above!

I absolutely HATE doing windows, and will do almost anything in order to avoid cleaning them, clearly :

The metallic flake in Nero Helene is really cool - it has silver, gold, blue and even red in it - I tried to take a pic, but it was difficult to get the camera to focus, sorry:

Nero Helene is (thankfully) harder than Nero Noctis - my Gallardo in Noctis would mar and swirl if I so much as LOOKED at it - most beautiful black I have ever seen, but never again, haha. I am hoping that the Nero Helene will be easier to care for.

Have a great week, everyone, and thanks for looking!

Anima sana in corpore sano

You did an awesome job if you ask me! Its was not the case now but what product do you use for interior leather?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    You did an awesome job if you ask me! Its was not the case now but what product do you use for interior leather?
    Thanks Hurricane!!!

For interior, I use Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner. For leather that needs more than just maintenance, I think by far, Leatherique is the best product out there. After applying it and letting it sit in the hot sun for a few hours, I have seen leather revitalized, that seemed to be absolutely trashed. Amazing product!! I am VERY interested in the CarPro CQuartz Leather - it's a coating, and has been getting stellar reviews in the detailing world. It's more of a protectant, and not a cleaner, though - I am going to try it - stupid expensive (CDN $80, for 80mL!!), but if it lives up to the hype, it may well be worth it.

Car looks great! FYI, I couldn't get the engine decklid glass clean try as I might until I found a product called Hope's perfect glass. It's not perfect but it works a lot better than the other products I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainless View Post
    Car looks great! FYI, I couldn't get the engine decklid glass clean try as I might until I found a product called Hope's perfect glass. It's not perfect but it works a lot better than the other products I tried.
    That's weird - I don't have any problems at all getting it pristine? I just used my usual glass cleaner (nothing special - a BMW glass cleaner that they gave us free when my wife bought her X6M SUV), used one microfibre to wipe excess, then another microfibre cloth to get rid of streaks. Glass looks perfect! That said, I have coated the exterior surface using Pinnacle Black Label Diamond glass coating, but the inner surface is untreated?

Thanks for the compliment!!!!